• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
....?

Ubisoft doesn't own bomberman. Hudson Soft owns Bomberman. I can also think of at least a dozen third party characters I'd like to see in Brawl before Bomberman.
Wrong-O.

www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=3427

Ubisoft OWNS the rights to Bomberman. Hudson is merely the dev.

And I wasn't exactly asking whether or not you had a dozen other 3rd party chars you would like to see before him. I was merely stating that I would like to see him in.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
the original 12 need to stay... period...

i would like to see doc as alt costume, pichu gone, mewtwo revamped, falco and ganon and wwlink luigified. 4 or 5 pokemon max 4-1 = 3

2 new pokemon is all im allowing. JIG STAYS NO MATTER WHAT

roy should get the axe as well

Del Money

Smash Champion
....?

Ubisoft doesn't own bomberman. Hudson Soft owns Bomberman. I can also think of at least a dozen third party characters I'd like to see in Brawl before Bomberman.
true...hudson owns bomberman. bomberman also appeared in a game with Wario. and hudson works to all the Marip Party's as well. and its not a matter of your preference at all...Bomberman would still make it above most if not all except Sonic, Megaman, and Geno...

oh and AT or FS tonight FTW

@RDK
ARE YOU ****TING ME? Ubi NOW HAS BOMBERMAN???? even still Bomberman will probably will by demand, but if Ubi could choose outside of popular demand, theyd probably pick Rayman any day

RDK

Smash Hero
*REFERS DEL MONEY TO LINK IN LAST POST*

Hudson is the developer...Ubisoft owns the title rights. Unfortunately. I'm not happy with what Ubi has done with the recent Bomberman games...

And the Bomberman/Wario game was Super Wario Blast!...and it sucked major balls.

Bomberman was barely even in it. It was for the GB Color, I believe.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
*REFERS DEL MONEY TO LINK IN LAST POST*

Hudson is the developer...Ubisoft owns the title rights. Unfortunately. I'm not happy with what Ubi has done with the recent Bomberman games...

And the Bomberman/Wario game was Super Wario Blast!...and it sucked major balls.

Bomberman was barely even in it. It was for the GB Color, I believe.
At the bottom of the page Red Darkstar Kirby Linked said:
Bomberman is a trademark of and © 2005 Hudson Soft.

Uh no, I'm preatty sure Hudson still owns Bomberman. Ubisoft is just advertising the game they published on their page.

RDK

Smash Hero
So....what does HAL do?
*SMACKS FORHEAD*

Nothing! We're talking about Bomberman, not SSB.

Well, technically we are talking about SSB, but indirectly.

HAL develops SSB. Ubisoft owns Bomberman. Hudson develops Bomberman.

Alright--enough of that topic. :psycho:

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
yeah guys.. ubi owns bomberman... hudson makes it

i thought it was kind of a rare/ microsoft relationship.

If that relationship exists then it's with Konami (~54% of shareholder stock), not Ubisoft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Soft

Oh and...

http://www.hudsonsoft.net/

If he belongs to Ubisoft why is he on the front of the Hudson Soft page?

On topic: Does anyone think Yoshi's going to lose his Air invul now that he actually has a working third jump?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
*changing topic drastically*

You know what i would love for a FS?:

Just imagine capt falcon grabbing the smash ball, then doind one his totally manly winning poses (yeah that one with his chest to the front), and then burning in fire... like goku. His eyes turning crimson red!....then.. he charges his punch tho the back....and flames start gathering to his punch from all over the place..........
... whats next is something in the line of a mega falcon punch....with inmeasurable power and size! bringing despair to all the living beings of brawl--

that would be just ownage!,,,,forget the blue falcon...we want flames...MORE FLAMES!!!!

Roy Dynasty

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why some of you think the original 13 might not have a chance of returning.

Sakurai said himself that he was bringing back everyone from the first outing.

Someone please enlighten me on who the 13th would be. There were only 12 to choose from. Am I overlooking a CPU character?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
In other news....

Holy ****, look at yoshi's ****ing fingers!! Should they be that detailed? Third pic in case you were wondering.

Also from the third pic. Does it look like personalized entrances are going to make it back? Based on the third pic I'd say so(may have already been mentioned).

Del Money

Smash Champion
ok....but don't they own Kirby?
WTF. has kirby appears on any other company's console? seriously thats like saying rare own DK...AND THEY DONT
Someone please enlighten me on who the 13th would be. There were only 12 to choose from. Am I overlooking a CPU character?
There were 12--that was a typo in my post. :dizzy:
hahaha damm thought for a sec you thought bo-bomb was playable lol....but yeah ubisoft has full rights to access bomberman as they please. hudsonsoft develops and used to own bomberman. ubisoft bought them but left the bomberman development up to them. ubisoft has made some ****ty decisions regarding bombermans inclusion in that awful game which we wont speak of....(thank God i never played it or heard of it til become active of these boards...thanks alot SWF...lol)

but yeah definitely not music tonight (unless its for an F-Zero stage) and hopefully not zelda special moves *sniper rifle locked and loaded*. AT or FS (or F-Zero music) FTW

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Exactly. Ubisoft OWNS the title/franchise.

Hudson DEVELOPS/CREATES it.
i hate to come back into this, but you are wrong. hudson owns bomberman, but ubi probably gave the money to port the game to DS.

it's the same with RE4 for the PC. i mean ubi published it, but capcom owns the rights still, right? you don't have to publish the game to own the franchise. nintendo published lots of games by rare, but many of their original franchises still belong to rare.

hudson owns bomberman, NOT ubi

RDK

Smash Hero
and hopefully not zelda special moves *sniper rifle locked and loaded*.
...Ethan was logged on earlier today, so we should be extra wary...

...we can't risk Sakurai making an account here, logging in, picking this thread out of the 1,000,000,000 that are already here, and looking at the thread the same exact moment Ethan posts that he wants Zelda's specials...

We just can't let that happen. I now declare this thread on Red Alert!

Roy Dynasty

Smash Journeyman
In other news....

Holy ****, look at yoshi's ****ing fingers!! Should they be that detailed? Third pic in case you were wondering.

Also from the third pic. Does it look like personalized entrances are going to make it back? Based on the third pic I'd say so(may have already been mentioned).
Unfortunately I think that's just him coming out of his shield since his shield has always been an egg. However, I hope it's the personalized entrance.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Just saw the update.Yoshi confirmed,woot! He looks awesome.It's good to see characters look how the do to their respective franchises.I wonder who's next...

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Very likely.

Seriously, the only character intro I would see would be trophies being tossed onto the stage.

Now THAT would be a right way to rock.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Meta-Kirby
take it from me (not trying to sound like 1337marth)...yoshi's meta-game in melee can be uber sexy...brawl should show some improvements too

@RDK
agreed...take no prisoners

@Got Blood?
DAMMIT YOURE PART OF DAWN PATROL TOO??? ****

AT or FS (or F-Zero music) tonight FTW

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Indeed. Like, "BAM! HERE I AM!".

Out of a shield.
LOL stop it, you're spoiling my fantasy.

Actually, now that I think about it, doesn't he strike a pose like that out of his egg roll? Return of crappy egg roll confirmed. :(

[edit= ****, donkey beat me to it]

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Well seeing as there are only going to be two more i guess there really isnt much hope for people outside of Sonic and Mega man and as for people outside of them that deserve a spot more well... Simon belmont and Ryu spring to mind.

(No offense but i find Bomber man to be a rubbish character i mean his games are now where near as good as any of the previously mentioned and the only good thing about his games are the Multyplayer).
LOL saying his recent games sucks >_> *looks at Sonic*

RDK

Smash Hero
(No offense but i find Bomber man to be a rubbish character i mean his games are now where near as good as any of the previously mentioned and the only good thing about his games are the Multyplayer).
Not only Sonic, but Megaman's recent games (that Battle Network crap for GBA/DS) sucks men, too. So that argument doesn't even make any sense. And even if Bomberman's games suck, the multiplayer is still fun (a highlight of the franchise). Sonic and Megaman's recent games had sucky single player play AND sucky muliplayer, if any.

I do agree with you, however, that Bomberman's recent games ar rubbish. HE's not rubbish, it's just Ubisoft is doing an even less-than-****e job now that they have control of his franchise.

They could have made his 1P games a lot more deep and could have made him an interesting character. They just haven't. And, by the looks of it, won't, because they keep pumping out shallow revamps of his previous games.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice

Gah! I'll admit most of the 3d Sonic games aren't that great, but the Advance and Rush Series were great games and I'm looking forward to Rush Adventure and the Bioware RPG.

edit: Ugh are we still on that Bomberman thing? What the hell did Ubisoft have to do with the piece of garbage that came out on the 360? It was developed by Hudson and published by Konami.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
What ever happen to the good Ol' Bomberman?

Super Bomberman series, the Bomberman games for the N64, and BOmberman Generation?

RDK

Smash Hero
edit: Ugh are we still on that Bomberman thing? What the hell did Ubisoft have to do with the piece of garbage that came out on the 360? It was developed by Hudson and published by Konami.
Yes--that was a major piece of ****e cake. Nice job, Konami/Hudson.

What ever happen to the good Ol' Bomberman?

Super Bomberman series, the Bomberman games for the N64, and BOmberman Generation?
Super Bomberman = Classic

Bomberman 64 series = teh T!TS (I still have them for my N64 emulator)

Bomberman Generation = good

It all started going downhill after they started releasing GCN titles...

Del Money

Smash Champion
aw boy im gonna have fun with this one
YES YOU SHOULD! GARRRGFHFDSAAAAAA!

I really want Zelda: Special Moves or Zelda: Final Smash. She's my main. This could effect me A LOT. Besides, you guys would want to see your mains' stuff.
ok thats great but NOT WHEN YOU ****ING GO BASHING OTHER CHARACTERS AND SPAMMING WITH THE SAME STUPID **** EVERYDAY EVEN ON DAYS WITH GOOD UPDATES. you went about bashing Sonic and other 3rd party's like 30 or so pages ago and when anyone bashes zelda you whine like a ****ing kid. so what if you dont like them but their games have sucked lately. name me one ****ing zelda game where zelda was even playable....well...name me ONE. thats right you cant. you always go opening your friggin mouth bashing other peoples **** and spamming us all about how much you like zelda. yes i like zelda too shes friggin good looking in this game but at least I can carry a damm conversation you self-centered fool. either contribute to the convo or stop spamming and reminding us how you main zelda...as if we're all ****ing blind and cant see your damm signature. ****ING A!!!

*takes a breather and withdraws sniper rifle*

Gah! I'll admit most of the 3d Sonic games aren't that great, but the Advance and Rush Series were great games and I'm looking forward to Rush Adventure and the Bioware RPG.
*sigh* am i the only one that doesnt do handhelds anyone? (dont read that sentence in a sexual manner)
thats right. forgot about Konami....Cubelarooso made an excellent post in the bomberman thread about that stuff, ill find it and post it here shortly (while staying on subject of updates as well of course)

AT or FS or F-Zero music tonight FTW. we got yoshi music so why not f-zero? but ATs and FSs has been awol for a while so those seem mre likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom