• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Because Zamus aint a final smash, the zero laser is the final smash, after that zamus is revealed, so unlike giga, who is a result of using the final, zamus is the result of sidefect of the Final, once the final is finished...

Del Money

Smash Champion
I couldn't care less about zamus... I think the only reason sakuri put her on is for eye candy.
yeah but still...shes so hot. i want my next girlfriend to dress up like that for halloween

I'm sure there willl be a way to play her. Some of you guys need to stop worrying.
yeah i agree, shes already attracted more than enough attnetion so making her playable only via samus FS wouldnt be a smart idea

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I have a strong belief that she will be available some other way. You can hold A+Start to start of with Shiek in Melee - maybe you can do something similar to start off as Zamus?

I just don't understand how Zamus could only be available some of the time when they have played her up so much in trailers and screens.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I have a strong belief that she will be available some other way. You can hold A+Start to start of with Shiek in Melee - maybe you can do something similar to start off as Zamus?

I just don't understand how Zamus could only be available some of the time when they have played her up so much in trailers and screens.
yes...true...we all (well almost all) agree, but enough about sexy suit samus for now

I'm quite certain this next update will be a stage. Who knows what stage though? :p
i feeling a DK stage or Samus stage most likely. giving us a falcon stage before confirming falcon would be dumb (even though they did it with yoshi)

secretweapon

Smash Apprentice
im positive that zamus and samus will be two completely different characters. Samus's final smash is just too powerful that it needs some sort of setback, like jigglypuff's rest. You can still be zamus as a normal character and she will have her own final smash as well.

Del Money

Smash Champion
If they bring back old stages... Both Hyrule Temples (SS64 and SSBM) fer sure!
yes except those will most likely be unlockable (just like the past stage were in melee i think) so we probably wont know about that til later. this brings me to a very interesting point...the increase in video game content in melee from SSB64 was incredible.. ieam that kept some past stages, threw i nthe trophy collection system, added tournament mode, added items, added more fighting techniques, added characters, PRESERVED CHARACTERS, added stages, PRESERVED STAGES, and added far more modes for a single player to enjoy.

i really hope brawl increases content while preserving most as well (from both melee and ssb64). im pretty sure Wii discs hold much for data than Gamcube discs, so i feel it would be a waste to just toss out all the old and throw in the new rather than building upon the old and adding far more new stuff. ya know, like they did with melee

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Del Money, you were so happy, you said that they preserved stages AND kept past stages. lol.

I was thinking the same thing... Melee has an incredible amount of additions... but actually what surprised me the most was that the items that could be on the stage at on time had increased so much. Don't get me wrong, I love fighting with on items, but when I'm playing for fun, items are nice! lol.

Remember, on SS64, four items were the MAX!!

Del Money

Smash Champion
Del Money, you were so happy, you said that they preserved stages AND kept past stages. lol.
hmm...i did, didnt i?
I was thinking the same thing... Melee has an incredible amount of additions... but actually what surprised me the most was that the items that could be on the stage at on time had increased so much. Don't get me wrong, I love fighting with on items, but when I'm playing for fun, items are nice! lol.

Remember, on SS64, four items were the MAX!!
yes agreed. there were people who i think some days back had a flame war about brawl being completely new and nothing like the previous SSB games and people who bascially wanted brawl to be a melee 2. im more of the in-between though. i dont want brawl to deviate from what the fountain of super smash bros is supposed to be...a fighting game where people build up damage to knock each of the stage with simple controls and an array of fighting techniques/strength & weaknesses. however i dont want to just go through the same motions as melee again with maybe some new characters because thats not worth $49.99 + the $350 ill spend on ebay to finally get a Wii.

the new story mode is great, i wonder how itll play out. new characters are great because it makes it more fun to get a bit of a taste of what games they came from (never wouldve bought F-Zero GX were it not for melee and the kickass music on the Mute City stage). characters also widen the familiarity factor of smash bros on the overall gaming population. new stages/music do the same thing. and preserve all the old stuff keeps players of the old smashes entertrained by stuff they loved in the past (and maybe they wont have to buy SSB64 on virtual console either haha). so yeah i hope they wont scrap all the stages from melee and all the stages from ssb64 either because lets face it...everyone loves dreamland 64 and final destination!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Haha. Which is oh so true what you said. lol.

But was I the only one who was a bit miffed when they changed certain other dynamics of the game? To tell you the truth, Hal didn't even care about the first Smash Bros. and they made a game that was pretty much bare bones... but also made it incredibly fun by making some moves uber-deadly... like throwing! And I know everyone remembers how long you could have the star and the hammer! But when they made Melee, they made everything a bit more balanced... they tortured the throws, and you couldn't hold the items for much longer. Yet I was happy with the hammer coming off... I dunno why. lol.

so hopefully... they'll add a bit of time to the weapons and change the throws to what they need to be.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
so yeah i hope they wont scrap all the stages from melee and all the stages from ssb64 either because lets face it...everyone loves dreamland 64 and final destination!
Dreamland 64, man, I hate that stage, but final destination is sick, the best stage by far.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
who, this thread has gone like over 60 pages in a week...whoa=incredible!

Anyways, does anyone else know that one guy in the story mode, or is it a smash original [which I believe it is]. I still think it is a mix between a Mii like character, a wireframe, and Count Bleck in Super Paper Mario, plus extra random darkness stuff. Sakurai is still king of the mindgames, and let's just say Miyamoto adds to it! XD

Edit: Other than the annoying wind in Dreamland 64 (which had a ton of strategic value), that stage was amazing. God I love that stage, that, Peach's Castle, Hyrulee Temple [this stage should be like 4 diffrent stages IMO=it's too big], Hyrule Castle, FD, Mute City, Kongo Jungle 64, Jungle Japes, Kongo Junlge, and Pokemon Stadium=I could play all those stages like 10 million matches in a row, and still love them! So many good courses, so little time! :)

Smashville FTW! :)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, I'm a kirby fan, so Dreamland has a place in my heart. lol.

Actually, I was amazed when they have the fountain of dreams... the music was great! Made me feel like they'd make another Super Star... yet... no hope. lol.

BTW, yeah, I think it's an original character. I couldn't find it on wikipedia anywhere... so, we have a new character on the series! New hand also, anyone? Maybe ******** hand, crazy's younger sister?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ blayde axel

I love the music on Fountain of Dreams, that music is so awsome=imagine that, but as a full orchestra (the music was done by a few people). That music+Venom in Melee was super awsome! Gotta love orchestrated music.

I wonder if this new character is playable, I doubt it though. Hopefully it isn't, so we can use Gameshark to exploit it! :) It should be called "******** darkness", lol! XD Don't forget, Andross is the head, Micheal Johnson is the legs, and if it has any b***s [Master Balls ftw!], then Sakurai has them. If not, whoever made Superman 64...lol! :laugh: [that game was the worse game ever in case you didn't know ;)]

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yet I was happy with the hammer coming off... I dunno why. lol.
lol like in the special mvoie in melee where mario is screwing around in mute city...HAHHAHAHAH i die laughing every time
so hopefully... they'll add a bit of time to the weapons and change the throws to what they need to be.
yes a few more weapons would be nice...fix up the throws dammit, none of that peach forward throw crap
Dreamland 64, man, I hate that stage, but final destination is sick, the best stage by far.
but....its teh pwnz :(
BTW, yeah, I think it's an original character. I couldn't find it on wikipedia anywhere... so, we have a new character on the series!
perhaps, or someone stated that they were completely convinced its Bomberman in disguise. the body screams..."hell no"...but we'll see
New hand also, anyone?Maybe ******** hand, crazy's younger sister?
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
If not, whoever made Superman 64...lol! :laugh: [that game was the worse game ever in case you didn't know ;)]
so ive heard. however spiderman for n64 was the balls

SIDE NOTE: if john-friggin-knight (no offense john) can have a petition in his sig, so can i (even though its not smash-related)

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Grow Up. I cannot stress this enough.

BOT: Monday-Zelda: Special Moves/Final Smash

ZELDA FTW! WOOT!

SO HAPPY MY MAIN IS IN!
Gain a sense of humor,cant stress that enough as well. :)

As for the prediction,I dont think so.Kirby is more than likly to get an update next if it involves anything with characters.Everyone seemed to forget about him..

Just how the hell is his final smash is gonna work? Link's has a beam that comes outta his hand with the tri-force symbol,Mario's is self-explantory.Kirby's?

@Del Money: 0.0 You dont have a Wii yet?! Its understandable tho,as I just got mine this past Feb ROFL! From November to Feb,Ive been getting the same bull**** response from stores..

Wal-Mart:Thank you for calling your local Wal-Mart,how may I help you?
D-Boy:Electronics please?
Wal-Mart:One moment...
Wal-Mart2:Welcome to the electronic department,how may I help you today sir?
D-Boy:Do you have any Nintendo Wii's in stock
Wal-Mart2:Yes we do,we seem to have 3 on the shelf atm.
D-Boy:NICE,CAN YOU HOLD ONE FOR ME?! I AM LIKE 3 MINS AWAY FROM YOU!
Wal-Mart2:Certainally sir,I can only hold it for 1 hour...oh dear me...
D-Boy:huh?
Wal-Mart2:Someone just bought and pick out the remaining systems that were left sir...Iam deeply sorry sir for the inconvinence
D-Boy:WTF!@ !#! **** BAGGING MOTHER FUKING BULL**** UP THE TUNNEL PIPE!@!#!
FUKING A$$HOLE!@#!#@!@~!@ WHAT DOES HE NEED WITH 3 WIIS!@!#$?

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
OH S**T, i'm sorry evey one, when i said "Dreamland 64, man, I hate that stage", I got confused. I was thinking of a other stage. Yes, Dreamland 64 is very good, but it's that wind, man, if it didn't have that wind, it could be better then final destination.

Blackadder

Smash Master
OH S**T, i'm sorry evey one, when i said "Dreamland 64, man, I hate that stage", I got confused. I was thinking of a other stage. Yes, Dreamland 64 is very good, but it's that wind, man, if it didn't have that wind, it could be better then final destination.
Smooth.
I did a similar thing recently, lawl. :p

Del Money

Smash Champion
Gain a sense of humor,cant stress that enough as well. :)
i know right? maybe ethan would be more stoked if zelda but butt-nekkid on the brawl cover
As for the prediction,I dont think so.Kirby is more than likly to get an update next if it involves anything with characters.Everyone seemed to forget about him..

Just how the hell is his final smash is gonna work? Link's has a beam that comes outta his hand with the tri-force symbol,Mario's is self-explantory.Kirby's?
yes but discussion on an update like Kirby's FS would only last for like 2 hours at the most
@Del Money: 0.0 You dont have a Wii yet?! Its understandable tho,as I just got mine this past Feb ROFL! From November to Feb,Ive been getting the same bull**** response from stores..

Wal-Mart:Thank you for calling your local Wal-Mart,how may I help you?
D-Boy:Electronics please?
Wal-Mart:One moment...
Wal-Mart2:Welcome to the electronic department,how may I help you today sir?
D-Boy:Do you have any Nintendo Wii's in stock
Wal-Mart2:Yes we do,we seem to have 3 on the shelf atm.
D-Boy:NICE,CAN YOU HOLD ONE FOR ME?! I AM LIKE 3 MINS AWAY FROM YOU!
Wal-Mart2:Certainally sir,I can only hold it for 1 hour...oh dear me...
D-Boy:huh?
Wal-Mart2:Someone just bought and pick out the remaining systems that were left sir...Iam deeply sorry sir for the inconvinence
D-Boy:WTF!@ !#! **** BAGGING MOTHER FUKING BULL**** UP THE TUNNEL PIPE!@!#!
FUKING A$$HOLE!@#!#@!@~!@ WHAT DOES HE NEED WITH 3 WIIS!@!#$?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
the is a bit annying. i barely notice it most of the time though. but yeah fav levels from melee:
- Final Destination
- Battelfield (even though it sucks ledge-grabbing as fox)
- Mute City
- Corneria

fav from ssb64:
- Dreamland
- DK Jungle
- Hyrule

M.K

Level 55
Nobody likes Saffron City? BWA?

That was my favoritest stage b/c it was awesome and it was cool.

HAHA, grammer FTL

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
So tonights update, any one staying up for it, i'm thinking that it will be Yoshi, it got to be Yoshi this week, i'm starting to think he's not coming to Ssbb.

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
If Saffron City is that Pokemon one..... Then HELL YEAH!!!!!!!
That's the f*** best one.... along with the mario stage too, with the moving thing underneath.
F** that was a great game

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
I hope the update is Ness or the Ice Climbers
Marth should be a starting character this time around too

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Yoshi will be back. Don't worry.
Lol, if Yoshi doesn't make it back, then that's fine by me, I hope he dead.

Grrrrrr....Yoshi will get pwned lots.
Too right he will!

I hope the update is Ness or the Ice Climbers
Marth should be a starting character this time around too
Me too, Ice Climbers ftw.

Breakfast: one more thing WILL YOU F***ING EDIT, EDIT,EDIT, EDIT,EDIT,EDIT, EDIT, and EDIT. Lol

Del Money

Smash Champion
im hoping for Sonic...err...i mean Yoshi and Falcon soon. also maybe one of the cloned characters from melee so that some of us can have piece of mind (a.k.a Falco and the Dorf)

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I was never a fan of Marth, but I think they should scrap Marth/Roy and get some more recent, well-known FE characters. Like Ike :)

Ice-Climbers aren't returning - at least, last time I checked.

And yeah, Saffron City was SO great... I loved that stage. I'd like to say I like it better than Pokemon stadium, but I can't just because Stadium is designed better (for 1v1s) - and I love 1v1s. If they did a remake of Saff with Wii graphics...

*Drool*

I don't know if it'll happen though, since that stage revolved around the early games. It seems that they are putting in recent Pokemon now - probably to sell games. I'm expecting a stage from the new games some time.

Actually now that I think about it, it would be great if Saff came up as a classic stage... but revamped. What if they did Hyrule Castle revamped? Oh the possibilities...

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
I was never a fan of Marth, but I think they should scrap Marth/Roy and get some more recent, well-known FE characters. Like Ike :)

Ice-Climbers aren't returning - at least, last time I checked.

And yeah, Saffron City was SO great... I loved that stage. I'd like to say I like it better than Pokemon stadium, but I can't just because Stadium is designed better (for 1v1s) - and I love 1v1s. If they did a remake of Saff with Wii graphics...

*Drool*

I don't know if it'll happen though, since that stage revolved around the early games. It seems that they are putting in recent Pokemon now - probably to sell games. I'm expecting a stage from the new games some time.

Actually now that I think about it, it would be great if Saff came up as a classic stage... but revamped. What if they did Hyrule Castle revamped? Oh the possibilities...
Hyrule Castle revamped would be awesome. Maybe you will be able to go into doors and appear somewhere else XD

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'm thinking the reason Meta-knight and Snake haven't been shown is because they're probably locked characters.

CHIYO-CHAN' DAD: I'll stay up with you. :)

Zelda: Special Moves Monday! I can feel it!

Zelda ftw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom