• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
So tonights update, any one staying up for it, i'm thinking that it will be Yoshi, it got to be Yoshi this week, i'm starting to think he's not coming to Ssbb.
*LAUGHS*

The return of Hyrule Castle 64 would be sweet (minus that goddamm tornado). About the going in one door and coming out another...it would be sweet if they made it so if your opponent knocked you into a certain area, you like busted open a door/wall or something and flew into a different, mini-area, so to speak.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I can't stay for the update tonight,my computer has spyware and I'm on someone else's.But I think tonight we might either get an item,stage,or character update.Happy 13.800 posts! :chuckle:

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I really want to see an update about the already confirmed but not yet updated stuff, like Angel Land or something. Hell, even if it's just something lame as the Nintendogs, I'm happy. We need something to slow us down a bit.

Oh, and lessen the amount of possible lame updates, to get some cool stuff for a long time in the end. Better have the lame things now than later.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I think the next update will be a new song, which will be written by Gary Barlow. It will also appear on the next Take That album.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yoshi should be the next update, or Meta Knight. It still bothers me we haven't seen A SINGLE SCREEN OF SOLID F***ING SNAKE OUTSIDE OF THE TWO TRAILERS! :mad: Yoshi should be revampted though, he could use a all around better moveset, four sure. And his awsome shield in SSB64 needs to return! :)

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm thinking the reason Meta-knight and Snake haven't been shown is because they're probably locked characters.
What? That would be stupid, since we already know that they're going to be in the game. Sakurai should at least save SOME special characters to be unlocked as a mystery.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Hyrule Castle revamped would be awesome. Maybe you will be able to go into doors and appear somewhere else XD
that would be kinda cool....or maybe bowser's castle from kart64...eh? eh?
CHIYO-CHAN' DAD: I'll stay up with you. :)
thats was SHE sa-...oh never mind
Tonights update:

Lara Croft

Lara Croft ftw!
good cuz shes hawwwwwt
Um....I don't think Sakurai would like her join. XD
if he's straight, he would
What? That would be stupid, since we already know that they're going to be in the game. Sakurai should at least save SOME special characters to be unlocked as a mystery.
yeah i dont think Meta-Knight is locked...especially with the Halberd appearing in friday's update. Snake is 3rd party so its possible but hes already been shown in trailers so its probably unlikely

Volrec

Smash Lord
Red Darkstar Kirby, spoil the entire game for yourself, that works. Have absolutely all knowledge of all the characters, so when you unlock Shadow, instead of "HOLY ****" you'll be like "o i knew dat lol"

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Even if I know everyone who's in brawl,I'll be surprised when I see them in the game,so it really doesn't matter to me.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Red Darkstar Kirby, spoil the entire game for yourself, that works. Have absolutely all knowledge of all the characters, so when you unlock Shadow, instead of "HOLY ****" you'll be like "o i knew dat lol"
um...to his defense, he did say SOME characters. and plus there are 5 newcomers that we already know about. hows an update on those newcomers gonna spoil anything?
thats what i'm talking about
lol you goddamm moonmonkey hahahahah

Sandy

Smash Champion
I have a hard time seeing Waluigi in brawl as an assist trophy. He has appeared more then 5 games now and has played a somewhat significant role in almost all of them. I think he should be a playable character.

Other Ideas for charaters: (Assist or playable.)
Birdo
Petey Pirahna
Ash
King Dedede
Chibi-Robo'
A Mii saved to the console
R.O.B.
Banjo (Maybe with Kazooie in his backpack for some attacks.)
Bomberman
Skull Kid
Count Bleck
Midna (Maybe riding wolf link.)

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said all third party characters are locked

Yoshi pwns

Meta Knight Rules

But I'm hoping for the Ice Climbers or Ness
Marth should be a starter this time around too so he'd be cool
What about C.Falcon eh?

Maybe he'll throw a couple more surprises at us before it slows down......you know
Keep Them On Their Toes Saki
LOL

Marth, C.Falcon, Ice Climbers, Yoshi and Ness are the veteran starters that haven't been shown yet.....Maybe Peach but I'd like her as a locked

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Birdo= Assist
Petey Pirahna = Assist
Ash = Assist
King Dedede = Assist
Chibi-Robo' = Assist
A Mii saved to the console = Assist
R.O.B. ???
Banjo (Maybe with Kazooie in his backpack for some attacks.) ???
Bomberman =playable
Skull Kid = Assist
Count Bleck ???
Midna (Maybe riding wolf link.) = Assist

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
are you that stupid? a stage and music doesnt scream "im back, ***gots"?
^^^^ My thoughts exactly. I'm gonna laugh if Yoshi is the higest tier. That would be the oddest thing next, even odder then Pikachu being the highest tier in SSB64 [with Kirby no less], lol! XD Something tells me the top tiers will feature a heavily played character or 2, 1 averagely played character, and 1 super underestimated character! ;)

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
are you that stupid? a stage and music doesnt scream "im back, ***gots"?
He was in the first two Smash Bros. games, he's an important character in the Mario franchise and combine that with the fact he has his own stage. I'd bet any amount of money he's returning.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Woo! I'm back to SWF after my brief sojourn to read HP:DH with out any contact with the media.

Yoshi is just a character that I can't even imagine being removed. Yoshi is one of the originals, important in the Mario series, important in having his own games, and just an easy to market character. Who doesn't love Yoshi?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
It would be a real laugh if Yoshi is just an assist trophy. Or worse, a Pokéball item.

Hey, but that would mean...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
While I think it is EXTREMELY likely that Yoshi would be a playable character, I definitely wouldn't rule out AT. Not at all in fact. In the sense that he could fit because while he COULD stand on his own, he really was more of another sidekick to mario than his own character. Yeah he had his own game or two, but they weren't much more than spin offs. I don't know. There are two ways to look at it, and there is a rather blurry line that separates them. AT or character? Who knows.

EDIT: if i had to guess, Character.

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
you guys are friggin meatheads. sakurai said none of the originals from ssb64 were being cut. and yoshi has a stage and music...SO STOP TALKING ABOUT YOSHI AS AN AT
We're just havin some laughs seriously
He's in no question duh
So no worries

when did he say that no original char..will be cut?
He did say it
Some interview i donno
I saw it two seperate times in different places so it shouldn't be hard to find

You shouldn't take the internet THAT serious, jeez.
Yeah eh LOL

I LOOOOOOVVVEEEE Yoshis ...... down Smash.....Quick and strong
But I totally over use it and get to the point where I'm just cheap when it's at the end of a 5 stock battle and I haven't died yet LOL

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah, I definitely think he's in, I just also think I can see why people would say that he could end up being an AT. Theres evidence for both, just MUCH more for the character status.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Mario is defiantly a Poke ball character now...

And im not sure but i think a pipe is now a playable character.

RDK

Smash Hero
um...to his defense, he did say SOME characters. and plus there are 5 newcomers that we already know about. hows an update on those newcomers gonna spoil anything?
Thanks, Del. 'Least SOMEONE's got my back...

Yeah, I definitely think he's in, I just also think I can see why people would say that he could end up being an AT. Theres evidence for both, just MUCH more for the character status.
Yoshi as an AT? HA! *LAUGHS AT EVERYONE WHO THIS AND TAKES AWAY THEIR SMASH LICENCSE*

Who doesn't love Yoshi?
Me.

But nevertheless, even if you guys are joking about Yoshi being an AT, there is no doubt he will be a PC. The original nine will be back. Back in black.

Edi:

I just read this.

Mario is defiantly a Poke ball character now...

And im not sure but i think a pipe is now a playable character.
ROFLMAO.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well if you don't like Yoshi, that makes you a RACIST!
No, not really, well, I can understand. I heard Yoshi doesn't pay taxes. He's kind of a dodgy character..

RDK

Smash Hero
Well if you don't like Yoshi, that makes you a RACIST!
No, not really, well, I can understand. I heard Yoshi doesn't pay taxes. He's kind of a dodgy character..
Lol...draft-dodging, left-wing, communist freaking dinosaur.

No, but seriously--Yoshi not a PC? Come on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom