• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
i was just ****ing around yo. besides being a meathead aint so bad...lol
Politicians seem to pull it off pretty well.

Yoshi also like the lick things... and asks people to ride him to "save" "Princesses"... weirdo.
Lol..."allegedly"...

Del Money

Smash Champion
Politicians seem to pull it off pretty well.
lol that just opened up a whole new can (Howard Dean FTL...literally).

anyways funny story, i was on my way to go pick up some food and i defintely pwned this bird right out of the sky. the sucker bounced right off of my windshield...ok story over.

so...um...brawl updates FTW

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
If I had to peg Yoshis views, he'd msot likely be a libertarian. Unlike Ganon, who would be about as rightwing and conservative as it gets.

EDIT: Here's an animal story. I live on the main road in my town, not on like a side street or anything, so when I drive, I see tons of racoons, deer, squirrels, the whole nine yards. One afternoon I was driving to a job interview and I saw a skunk crossing ahead, and there was a truck coming in the left lane so I couldn't let it live and go around it, so I sped up and hit it, but it didn't die and it limped off the road. Later that night, after my interview, I hit the very same skunk (I believe) on the way home. DOUBLE OWNED

RDK

Smash Hero
so...um...brawl updates FTW
Nice save. ;)

(Howard Dean FTL...literally).
Yeah, no kidding. >_<

If I had to peg Yoshis views, he'd msot likely be a libertarian. Unlike Ganon, who would be about as rightwing and conservative as it gets.
Lol, seriously? Jesus Christ, if anything, 'Dorf the Magnificent is as left-wing communist, hippie tree-hugging as possible.

I hit the very same skunk (I believe) on the way home. DOUBLE OWNED
Lol...come back for more, eh skunky?

Del Money

Smash Champion
EDIT: Here's an animal story. I live on the main road in my town, not on like a side street or anything, so when I drive, I see tons of racoons, deer, squirrels, the whole nine yards. One afternoon I was driving to a job interview and I saw a skunk crossing ahead, and there was a truck coming in the left lane so I couldn't let it live and go around it, so I sped up and hit it, but it didn't die and it limped off the road. Later that night, after my interview, I hit the very same skunk (I believe) on the way home. DOUBLE OWNED
HAHAHAHHAHHAHA OMG HAHAHAHAHA. damm and i thought pwning that bird outta the sky was funny...Hahahahaha. well played WGWOLVERINE.

*tries to stop laughing*its amazing what you learn while waiting for an update

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Ganon doesn't know the meaning of casual Friday, he's all business. Try changing him into an alternate costume on Melee. It's about as radical of a change for going from a red tie to a scarlet tie. Fastidious conservative Ganon FTW!

What do you guys think it would be like to be part of the staff for the Brawl project? It'd be like knowing who the next president would be a month a head of time, or knowing exactly when the world will end. Knowing characters, stages, aspects of the game that the zealous fans get spoonfed every business day. They must laugh alot at the thought of us.

EDIT: I don't know if I've got what it takes to stay up for the update. I'm on little to no sleep right now. I was at borders at midnight for the release of HP:DH, then I read it straight through, took a nap, and here I am. I'll probably end up face down on the key board any time now.

Sandy

Smash Champion
What I've always wanted to see in some Super Smash Bros installment is have the player face off against "bosses" in classic scenarios. for example, use projectile weapons to take down Mother Brain in a reenactment of Metroid. Or chuck certain kinds of throwing items in the mouth of Wart in a reenactment of Super Mario bros 2. Or have the scenarios be character specific. Kirby should be able to catch projectiles with his vacuum b move and through them back at some boss, either Wispy Woods or DeDeDe. A Fire Emblem character should take turns battling another character with progressively stronger blows.

Of course, this wont be fair to other characters, like Fox or Capt Falcon, who have never been in a side scrolling adventure, or Pikachu, who's majority of games are RPGs. Or Link, who's usually had games in top view perspectives, save for Adventure of Link.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I like your post SandTiger. I've been toying with the idea of character specific story modes. It really would be a way to make the one player mode enjoyable as opposed to it being a tedious chore that one must complete in order to unlock characters.

EDIT: SORRY! I'll cut back on the spam, I really don't mean to, I just get so excited...

Del Money

Smash Champion
What I've always wanted to see in some Super Smash Bros installment is have the player face off against "bosses" in classic scenarios. for example, use projectile weapons to take down Mother Brain in a reenactment of Metroid. Or chuck certain kinds of throwing items in the mouth of Wart in a reenactment of Super Mario bros 2. Or have the scenarios be character specific. Kirby should be able to catch projectiles with his vacuum b move and through them back at some boss, either Wispy Woods or DeDeDe. A Fire Emblem character should take turns battling another character with progressively stronger blows.

Of course, this wont be fair to other characters, like Fox or Capt Falcon, who have never been in a side scrolling adventure, or Pikachu, who's majority of games are RPGs. Or Link, who's usually had games in top view perspectives, save for Adventure of Link.
good thought actually. i always thought about mario swinging final melee boss bowser around by the tail in order to pwn his ***. and at least Fox has been out of the cockpit. dammit Falcon! get out more you spandex-wearing buffoon. SHOW ME YOUR MOVES,DAMMIT

I like your post SandTiger. I've been toying with the idea of character specific story modes. It really would be a way to make the one player mode enjoyable as opposed to it being a tedious chore that one must complete in order to unlock characters.

EDIT: SORRY! I'll cut back on the spam, I really don't mean to, I just get so excited...
if its ****ing hilarious...then by all means go for it hahaahahahah

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
good thought actually. i always thought about mario swinging final melee boss bowser around by the tail in order to pwn his ***.
Maybe like an event on the first boss fight stage from SM64 and only Backthrows count for KOs? I could hit that. The more I think about character specific one player, it jsut reminds me more and more of event matches, since it's basically for characters they could only come up with like one scenario for.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I could hit that.
*sighs* me too...oh sorry, thought you were talking about sexy suit samus for a second
The more I think about character specific one player, it jsut reminds me more and more of event matches, since it's basically for characters they could only come up with like one scenario for.
agreed. to me, event matches were the best part of the 1-P mode of melee (next to adventure mode and all-star came in close 3rd). and 51 was a big enough number of matches to keep you entertained without being immensely long. although some of the event matches were pretty ********. Super Mario 128 and Hot Date on Brinstar anyone?

RDK

Smash Hero
*sighs* me too...oh sorry, thought you were talking about sexy suit samus for a second
Complete and total BOMBSHELL...

Oh, Sakurai...how you tempt me...

Lol.

Yes, Event Matches were fun while they lasted...Classic Mode just didn't cut it for me the 2nd time around, and that piece of crap excuse for a 1-player mode they called All-Star was just a filler.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
good thought actually. i always thought about mario swinging final melee boss bowser around by the tail in order to pwn his ***. and at least Fox has been out of the cockpit. dammit Falcon! get out more you spandex-wearing buffoon. SHOW ME YOUR MOVES,DAMMIT

if its ****ing hilarious...then by all means go for it hahaahahahah
haha...*cockpit*hahahah:laugh:

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
agreed. to me, event matches were the best part of the 1-P mode of melee (next to adventure mode and all-star came in close 3rd). and 51 was a big enough number of matches to keep you entertained without being immensely long. although some of the event matches were pretty ********. Super Mario 128 and Hot Date on Brinstar anyone?
Event matches were DEFINITELY my favorite part of the 1 player portion of melee, and from time to time, I jsut fo through them again for the heck of it. I really hope there are new ones for the new characters in Brawl. I remember before I played with any advanced techniques, the space invaders one with Ness was so ahrd for me XD, then, I try again after my memory card gets swiped from one of my biweeklies, and it was a snap. They're just so satisfying. I hope that if they don't return, some sort of character specific aspect returns.

1337marth

Smash Ace
Event matches were DEFINITELY my favorite part of the 1 player portion of melee, and from time to time, I jsut fo through them again for the heck of it. I really hope there are new ones for the new characters in Brawl. I remember before I played with any advanced techniques, the space invaders one with Ness was so ahrd for me XD, then, I try again after my memory card gets swiped from one of my biweeklies, and it was a snap. They're just so satisfying. I hope that if they don't return, some sort of character specific aspect returns.
The event matches all was to easy I hope Brawls is harder.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Agreed, for not knowing any advanced techniques, you could clear most of them with characters f-smashes and little else. I liked some of the scenarios, and would enjoy some new ones, some that'll have me pulling my hair out due to the difficulty.

Del Money

Smash Champion
haha...*cockpit*hahahah:laugh:
...you would do that, would you...HAHAHAHHAHAHAH i was actually gonna do that too but you beat me too it
agreed. event matches seem to be the t!ts. id really like a another game mode update soon but thatll probably wont happen for a while especially not tonight just cuz that fool ethan will probably get his way and we'll have zelda special moves

RDK

Smash Hero
The event matches all was to easy I hope Brawls is harder.
Will you ever cease being a self-absorbed imbecile? For the sake of everyone here, stop going around, posting one-line sonnets on how great you are, and how you're a pro, and how you pwn everyone here.

Contribute to the conversation or go die in a hole.

Agreed, for not knowing any advanced techniques, you could clear most of them with characters f-smashes and little else. I liked some of the scenarios, and would enjoy some new ones, some that'll have me pulling my hair out due to the difficulty.
#51, that last one with Mewtwo, 'Dorf, and Giga was especially hard.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Will you ever cease being a self-absorbed imbecile? For the sake of everyone here, stop going around, posting one-line sonnets on how great you are, and how you're a pro, and how you pwn everyone here.

HAHAHAAAHAhAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAAH...ahem...i mean but he does have a point 1337marth. the one-liners and constant pop-ins are almost as bad as h1roshi's. but on a lighter note, if you really are "1337", does that make you a...."Marth-L33T"?...GET IT

somewhat...if youre like me and refuse to use items

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion

To be completely honest, the first two times I did that went something liek this
1. Jiggs-sleeper. nothing else. Got it on like my 4th try.
2. Roy- Just jumped into the fray and countered.

Everyone has their skeletons in their closets, and those are mine.

RDK

Smash Hero
To be completely honest, the first two times I did that went something liek this
1. Jiggs-sleeper. nothing else. Got it on like my 4th try.
2. Roy- Just jumped into the fray and countered.
Lol...we all have our n00b moments.

I probably did something just as cheap, back before I knew about the metagame...if I could remember that far, I would give you examples...>_<

Maybe that's for the best.

Weed

Smash Lord
I beat event 51 solely with Marth's f-smash...do I get a prize? :p
I mean..how hard is that..seems pretty H@X0r
xD

Del Money

Smash Champion
Lol...we all have our n00b moments.
fox illusioning off of Final Destination within 3 seconds into the match (dont tell anyone, ok?)

anyways i hope this update is good. i normalyl dont stay up for em but dont monday updates usually take it in the....?

I beat event 51 solely with Marth's f-smash...do I get a prize? :p
I mean..how hard is that..seems pretty H@X0r
xD
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

EDIT: dammit Weed you changed your avatar

Weed

Smash Lord
fox illusioning off of Final Destination within 3 seconds into the match (dont tell anyone, ok?)
omfg my friend does that so much its starting to get irritating..
DONT ****ING TRY TO BACKWARDS SHL IF YOU PHAEL AT IT
lol
Edit: so did you -_- WHERES DIDDY

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277

anyways i hope this update is good. i normalyl dont stay up for em but dont monday updates usually take it in the....?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
yea i'm sure NO ONE will notice when you post it on a board acceesed by thousands of ppl every **** day! yup.....no one;)

Del Money

Smash Champion
omfg my friend does that so much its starting to get irritating..
DONT ****ING TRY TO BACKWARDS SHL IF YOU PHAEL AT IT
lol
Edit: so did you -_- WHERES DIDDY
nah that wasnt it. i was trying to do a forward laser and realized i wasnt starting of the left side of the screen like i had thought...owned

oh and Diddy's doing an early halloween costume change

RDK

Smash Hero
Yeah, you're secret's safe, Del. *WINK WINK*

Don't feel bad--I've done the same thing w/ Falco. Terrible, I know.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I don't think Marth and Roy will be returning. They will probably be replaced with characters from the series that have made appearances outside of Japan.

Weed

Smash Lord
I don't think Marth and Roy will be returning. They will probably be replaced with characters from the series that have made appearances outside of Japan.
Without Marth, who will we have with blue hair?
And Sonic does not ****ing cut it
Wait..does Ike have blue hair?

Weed

Smash Lord
Well good riddance then..I hate Marth's taunt so much..I smack my friend every time he does it omg...blue hair was all he had going for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom