• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Well i have only played 1 but i know that she has a few dark phazon moves n stuff so if anything she would be quite a luigified clone (Or not seeing as her dark attacks could be quite different)
oh ok thanks for clearing that up, i just thought she was similar to how Dark Link is in ocarina of time

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
well i know this is waaay off topic (just like the fabricated Sonic article thing) but wouldnt Dark Samus just be a Samus clone?

side note: no i havent played the metroid games (only got metroid prime 1 two days ago) and yes the flame-repellent is still on
Yes she would, but don't go saying that out loud, I did that once, but I got flamed so mush I wish I didn't. :dizzy:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
oh ok thanks for clearing that up, i just thought she was similar to how Dark Link is in ocarina of time
Well heres Dark Link is like a mirror image version of Link created by Ganondorf but dark Samus on the other hand stole Samus's Phazon suit and is basically just using it as a shell... so there hope that clears a few things up (I also think Dark samus got a bit of Samus's DNA or something).

So Dark samus just looks like Samus : P

Cuz I wanted too? I was clearing/correcting up some facts that was stated about him,thats all.
Lol spam lucky no mods are around...

Del Money

Smash Champion
ok. i guess when i play far enough to find out who Dark Samus is, ill be up to speed

Cuz I wanted too? I was clearing/correcting up some facts that was stated about him,thats all.
lol hey Dragonboy2k4 lets talk about Chuck Norris instead hahahahahh

Stryks

Smash Hero
well i know this is waaay off topic (just like the fabricated Sonic article thing) but wouldnt Dark Samus just be a Samus clone?
WHAT?! BLASPHEMY!! THIS IS MADNESS!!

Wrong, dark link is like 100% copy of Link, but dark samus is another story:

Metroid prime after being defeated, stole samus phazon suit, and after the explosion, he use it as a abse for a new body, even tough they look similair, their very diferent, the only thing they have in common are the physical look and a part of the name:

Dark samus has a phazon spreader shot, which at close range does brutal damage...
He also has a slicer-type beam, that can cut trough metal, and an Ice beam-type attack but instead of Ice its phazon, thus does a lot of damage...
He also has non-beam related attack like the Phazon dive, dark samus charges energy in its body and afterwards he goes straight forward the enemy, crashing to the eart, making a shockwave in the process...
He also has a phazon barrier, it repels projectiles and knocks u back as far as fox's shine in melee...
She also has standard phazon beams, tought they take more to charge, one FULL charge sends out 2 beams, one after the other instead...

This alone proves some diferences between the both, now if dark samus instead of using fists and kicks, he can use phazon waves to attack, the moves would have links' master sword in range, and would fit dark samus completely...

I AM STRYKS, THE DARK SAMUS DEFENDER!!

Del Money

Smash Champion
WHAT?! BLASPHEMY!! THIS IS MADNESS!!

Wrong, dark link is like 100% copy of Link, but dark samus is another story:

Metroid prime after being defeated, stole samus phazon suit, and after the explosion, he use it as a abse for a new body, even tough they look similair, their very diferent, the only thing they have in common are the physical look and a part of the name:

Dark samus has a phazon spreader shot, which at close range does brutal damage...
He also has a slicer-type beam, that can cut trough metal, and an Ice beam-type attack but instead of Ice its phazon, thus does a lot of damage...
He also has non-beam related attack like the Phazon dive, dark samus charges energy in its body and afterwards he goes straight forward the enemy, crashing to the eart, making a shockwave in the process...
He also has a phazon barrier, it repels projectiles and knocks u back as far as fox's shine in melee...
She also has standard phazon beams, tought they take more to charge, one FULL charge sends out 2 beams, one after the other instead...

This alone proves some diferences between the both, now if dark samus instead of using fists and kicks, he can use phazon waves to attack, the moves would have links' master sword in range, and would fit dark samus completely...

I AM STRYKS, THE DARK SAMUS DEFENDER!!
Stryks:
1. youre a tidbit late, and i now know Dark Samus isnt just a doppleganger (i hate that word)
2. i didnt read a word of your post cuz youre SPOILING THE STORY YO

i have metroid prime 1 and a bonus demo disc of metroid prime 2 and plan on getting MP2 soon along with a Wii so i can get MP3. ill complete MP1 and MP2 soon and get properly Metroid-ucated. aight?

SIDE NOTE: please sign the petition in my sig

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Stryk's i already cleared it up for him... but thanks for going in depth!...

O yhea almost forgot!

MADNESS!!! THIS IIIISSSS SSSSSPPPPPAAAAARRRRRTTTTAAAAA!!!!!!

(O yhea lol for the PC ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... no offense)

Blackadder

Smash Master
@Del
Sonic the hedgehog 2006 is revolting, you don't wanna play it.

Also, I think next week will be really average update wise.
We got a gold, and Sakurai won't be giving much up again for a while..

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O no the first of many has come... run for the hills the mods cant save you its already to late... Spam patrol have come!

Uh anyways yhea next week we get bronze (Or whatever).

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Legolastom

its not really spam if its in your sig, is it? and for the record i didnt make the petition. i just saw it on the Sega boards and support it.

anyways a Ganon confirmation next week would be nice, though unlikely. its just sad that no returning cahracters that were clones in melee have been confirmed yet. keeps up the suspense about whos getting cut

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Haven't you heard about the Dawn patrol who spam these forums till dawn?

But anyways hope he finishes up with returning character for some new ones!

Sandy

Smash Champion
WHAT IF: there's actually two zero suit samus's? there's the one from samus' final smash, then there's a separate one as well. the separate one will be stronger than the transformation. has anyone thought about that? i know, it might sound kinda stupid, and it might just be my mind hoping for the last hope of zero suit samus being a separate character

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ahh... yes the great spam war of 64... (You post was spam but say something like this to make it um... not).

Yhea that purple guy looks like he has a nes on his head what does that mean?

Sandtiger im thinking that once you use the FS that she will be unlocked bu hey, heres dreaming!

RDK

Smash Hero
Sonic the hedgehog 2006 is revolting, you don't wanna play it.
Sonic PERIOD is revolting. He's a Mario wannabe.

WHAT IF: there's actually two zero suit samus's? there's the one from samus' final smash, then there's a separate one as well. the separate one will be stronger than the transformation. has anyone thought about that? i know, it might sound kinda stupid, and it might just be my mind hoping for the last hope of zero suit samus being a separate character
Probably the latter. Sakurai wouldn't go as far as making two versions of Zam just so she could be playable in tourneys. Plus, that would ruin the point of her FS anyway.

Sandtiger im thinking that once you use the FS that she will be unlocked bu hey, heres dreaming!
That would be the most logical course of action, and the one that would please just about everybody; but then again--you never know with Sakurai.

its not really spam if its in your sig, is it? and for the record i didnt make the petition. i just saw it on the Sega boards and support it.
What's the petish' about?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Haven't you heard about the Dawn patrol who spam these forums till dawn?

But anyways hope he finishes up with returning character for some new ones!
yes but with sigs? thats like saying your sig is spam for your web comics (and no im not trying t oacttack you)
reasonable idea but it seems weird to nerf a character under one condition and probably wont happen
Sonic PERIOD is revolting. He's a Mario wannabe.

What's the petish' about?
getting Sega to make a port of Sonic 2006 for PC. if you want to make PC gamers hurl at "Sonic's revoltingness" please sign if you dont mind

EDIT: and no i didnt make it myself

RDK

Smash Hero
getting Sega to make a port of Sonic 2006 for PC. if you want to make PC gamers hult at "Sonic's revolitingness" please sign if you dont mind
Del, what happened to your Diddy avatar?

And I'll sign, even though I'm a PC gamer, AND I don't like Sonic...but whatever makes you happy.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What the hell are you talking about the sig for!?

I was just saying that he is the first of the notorious spammers to arrive i didn't say ANYTHING about his sig. (Dawn patrol are his clan.... who spam here)

RDK

Smash Hero
I was just saying that he is the first of the notorious spammers to arrive i didn't say ANYTHING about his sig. (Dawn patrol are his clan.... who spam here)
...it's hard to believe that ALL they do is spam...haven't they got the 'boot yet?

And which Dawn Patrol member are you talking about?

LOL@Lemon Drop

Blackadder

Smash Master
"And which Dawn Patrol member are you talking about?"
ME!!
;D

Anyways, we don't spam anymore than a lot of you do.
I mean, you were talking about Dark Samus being a clone...
on the thread about the DOJO!! site.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Del, what happened to your Diddy avatar?
i had to represent my boy yo. i might change it back though cuz im more used to diddy
And I'll sign, even though I'm a PC gamer, AND I don't like Sonic...but whatever makes you happy.
muchos gracios senor
What the hell are you talking about the sig for!?

touchy! touchy!i thought you were calling me a spammer cuz of my sig

That hole in the clouds looks like Mr. G&W
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH now your trying waaaay too hard

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Lol did that come across as me shouting it was supposed to be bewilderment but ah well these are forums...

True true but your clan are notorious for spamming (And claiming) this particular thread.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Lol did that come across as me shouting it was supposed to be bewilderment but ah well these are forums...

True true but your clan are notorious for spamming (And claiming) this particular thread.
Lol, yes we are.
We've had to tone it down a bit since the new rules from Skav came into play. Are we reslly that infamous? Awsome.

On topic:
When do you guys think we'll see the next "this world" update?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Lol, yes we are.
We've had to tone it down a bit since the new rules from Skav came into play. Are we reslly that infamous? Awsome.

On topic:
When do you guys think we'll see the next "this world" update?
never...it seems like enough suspense to make us enjoy the single player mode when we see it. although there does seem to be too many questions on it for sakurai to neglect a tidbit more info on it

SIDE NOTE: how ironic would it be if Blackadder signed the petition and then said "Are you happy, Del Money? Are you ****ing happy?"

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He he but well i did get it from your on wiki page...

But yhea hoping something on Monday (Maybe a little thing about it) but if not then the big update on Friday (Cos its big update day!)

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
we just have a sence of humor cmon who doesn't like making fun of oneselves flaws (however we did create some spammers that are not in our clan but is still present at dawn :urg:)

anyway on topic

i think sakurai will update this thread once every 3-5 weeks
it's a great way to create hype and the ??? proves that sakurai knows it had

RDK

Smash Hero
Seeing as how Sakurai is the Master o' Mindgames, I strongly believe he isn't going to make a follow up to that "This World..." update. In neglecting to explain it, he's just creating more hype for the awesome 1-player mode in Brawl. Well, it had better be awesome.

bored

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be weird if Sakurai actually has an account on here and actually looks at our post.... >.> <.<

Del Money

Smash Champion
(however we did create some spammers that are not in our clan but is still present at dawn :urg:)
please dont let that be a reference to ol' Del Money :(

i think sakurai will update this thread once every 3-5 weeks
it's a great way to create hype and the ??? proves that sakurai knows it had
it makes sense. too much big information over and over would kill the game (and the already bruised smashboards)

Seeing as how Sakurai is the Master o' Mindgames, I strongly believe he isn't going to make a follow up to that "This World..." update. In neglecting to explain it, he's just creating more hype for the awesome 1-player mode in Brawl. Well, it had better be awesome.
QFT

anyways its counter-strike time and perhaps a quick workout...peaceout all. prolly be back later

EDIT:

Actually i think he might do a minor update about it tomorrow (Just a little update... and then nothing!)

http://forum.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1971674#1971674

Hey guys go here and laugh at the dam noob's (Seriously they get on my nerves listen to their posts!)(One of them even wanted brawl to only have motion controls)!!.

And can Sakurai even read English?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Blackadder

Smash Master
What's the speculation about?
Zelda?
Okay then...
Well, I think, for some reason, tommorow will be an item.
Then Pit's Bacon.

Del Money

Smash Champion
yes im thinking itll go:
monday=item
tuesday=stage or special moves
wednesday=item or music
thursday=item&how-to-play
friday=character

Blackadder

Smash Master
yes im thinking itll go:
monday=item
tuesday=stage or special moves
wednesday=item or music
thursday=item&how-to-play
friday=character
You seem to have a large item fetish going there.
I think next week will bepretty dry, with not much orgasmic info.
I think the week after may be neat, however.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
most definetely an item and character update, with a big chance for a stage on friday, like there usually is to round out the week. but what fills up the rest is up to sakurai. that's baically the week right there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom