• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
WTF@?@? Would Samus have 2 final smashes in total? One to become ZSS and the other sperately for ZSS? That would be sick. :grin:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
YEHS!!!11 Captain Falcon is "Space Themed" (well, Sci-Fi). It's a stretch, but the hope of the manliest of men being on smashbros.com tomorrow morning makes me want run around imitating Falcon's moves.
No, CF is "most manly man to ever walk to earth with a hidden 3 knee- themed"

I'm sure that's next week or week after next.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Samus will NOT be ruined by Zamus because most of the people who play competitive smash or know of smash boards are going to turn off the final smash balls anyway.

The A-button idea just like with Sheik or something close to it will be the only way to choose Zamus in non-item games.

This is how its going to be (in my oppinion).

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Samus will NOT be ruined by Zamus because most of the people who play competitive smash or know of smash boards are going to turn off the final smash balls anyway.

The A-button idea just like with Sheik or something close to it will be the only way to choose Zamus in non-item games.

This is how its going to be (in my oppinion).
But that's only if you can turn them off.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Not necessarily. There's a lot of discussion about leaving Final Smashes on, so long as capsules/boxes can be turned off and they are limited to one per match. But someone brought up an interesting point -- if Sakurai announces Zamus' final smash, it means we aren't limited to one per match.

Stay tuned :p

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ah Zamus, we all expected it right? i'm glad she was announced today, cause it looks like an advantage over Samus in my opinion. sure as of now we only know one way to play as her, but at least the Final Smash won't leave Samus at a disadvantage. Zamus could replace Samus as one of my secondaries. plus the pics show how "flexible" Zamus is. and she's still a babe

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey where is todays update? somethings wrong (Or something big is going to happen)...

edit: O never mind it wasn't appearing for some reason but now i just got the update of Zentendo!

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Not necessarily. There's a lot of discussion about leaving Final Smashes on, so long as capsules/boxes can be turned off and they are limited to one per match. But someone brought up an interesting point -- if Sakurai announces Zamus' final smash, it means we aren't limited to one per match.

Stay tuned :p
Well that actually pleases me to hear. I too can go back to play with fair items on, being the magnet for explosions I am, those exploding containers always get me. :(

Well I guess those who like to bomb others get bombed as well. *Plays Bomberman LIVE*

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
We all knew this update was going to come sooner or later, so atleast we've got it behind us now. But atleast we get some good pictures and we know now that Zamus will be speedy and flexible and that her weapon has good reach. Quite alot of information if you ask me, but of course Zamus is a ruined character at the moment until we get some answers about her transformation.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I've come to accept the fact that Zamus may not be allowed for 1v1s. While it would be really cool, there's no point in complaining about it. If this is what Sakurai's going to do, then there isn't much anyone can do about it.

However, everything is not fine and dandy to me quite yet. My real issue with Samus?

'Will it be worth using her final if she's going to turn into Zamus'...

That's assuming that people play with Smash Balls on and 1 per match etc.

What if I don't want to use Zamus? I can't use my final unless it's the very end of the game really. But it's got it's ups and downs I guess. You could just save the final until the very end and blast their last life away.

Maybe this is the new direction for Samus? People will start as Samus and towards the end undoubtably become Zamus? Just like Zelda becomes Shiek (though sooner into the match).

Honestly though, I'm over this - it helps to just accept it and not get mad about it, or think to hard about it. The last two Smash Bros. were excellent, and I'm positive this one will be great too. Besides, I'm going to main Snake no matter what.

Some things to think about though (as there always are :p)

• If Smash Balls are on in 1v1s, and even if items are turned to low, they could appear too often judging by the frequencey of item appearances in low setting in Melee
  • Smash Balls are not even listed under Items, but rather Techniques. They may not be items at all, but instead when special circumstances are met, they appear
  • Snake owns everything. lololololol yeah, THINK about THAT!!!1111

Anyways, that's some of my thoughts.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
No, final smash are in one match or none, so Zamus may not have one at all.
How do you know that the smash balls will appear once every match? I just thought it meant you can preform the final smash once after obtaining a smash ball once, then after a peroid of time depending how long it will apear again and if you obtain the ball then you would be able to preform the special again :ohwell:
Either way if what your saying is true then i will have nothing to worry about when facing ZSS
unless her FS will allow her some way to return to power suit samus :urg:

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
We all knew this update was going to come sooner or later, so atleast we've got it behind us now. But atleast we get some good pictures and we know now that Zamus will be speedy and flexible and that her weapon has good reach. Quite alot of information if you ask me, but of course Zamus is a ruined character at the moment until we get some answers about her transformation.
I don't get why everyone is jumping the shark on this. Do you truely absolutely think that via Final Smash is the ONLY way you can play as ZSS?

Golly, I think part of my brain just exploded.

And for the most part, I think if it the armor comes off it stays off. Samus is a big girl, she's used to losing her items all the **** time.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
THK, it's because we haven't been told anything else...

Based on the info this is the most we can come up with, and something to discuss anyways. I do think however, that it seems odd Sakurai and his team would spend so much time on a new character and have her only appear sometimes. But again, we can't assume that finals won't be part of every game type - and used frequently.

Who knows, this whole final thing could end up being very similar to Marvel vs. Capcom's supers, in that you build up power and then unleash a move.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
How do you know that the smash balls will appear once every match? I just thought it meant you can preform the final smash once after obtaining a smash ball once, then after a peroid of time depending how long it will apear again and if you obtain the ball then you would be able to preform the special again :ohwell:
Either way if what your saying is true then i will have nothing to worry about when facing ZSS
unless her FS will allow her some way to return to power suit samus :urg:
You may be right, but I just think my way is more likely.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
lol he gives us a boring profile on zamus and cant even tell us if she'll be available by pressing a. **** this is stupid im out of here. and salaad, you didnt own me, you got lucky, anything couldve happened, so shut up. ugh, im freakin pissed.
did you really think he would tell us? The A thing will be a cheat. hes not gonna be like "heeeeeyyy guys he is a list of cheats to mess with the game lololol"

just have faith that he will make a button cheat to play as zamus.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Look at it this way, if Giga Bowser didn't get a profile then Zamus must be playable w/out the Final Smash.
. . . .G Browser IS the final Smash.

Zero is the EFFECT of the final smash.

And really, this reminds me of last year when we didn't even really know what final smash attacks where. The reason some of us think that Samus + Smash ball is the only way to get Zero is because every d*** thing Sakurai has said about her has talked about how Samus's armor must fall off via FS to play as her.:ohwell:

Del Money

Smash Champion
. . . .G Browser IS the final Smash.

Zero is the EFFECT of the final smash.

And really, this reminds me of last year when we didn't even really know what final smash attacks where. The reason some of us think that Samus + Smash ball is the only way to get Zero is because every d*** thing Sakurai has said about her has talked about how Samus's armor must fall off via FS to play as her.:ohwell:
yes but if you read the post above you, youll see that an A button cheat to play as Sexy Suit Samus isnt something hes gonna reveal. if we got zelda's special moves tonight, and down+B was confirmed to transform into Sheik i would be willing to bet money that sakurai WOULD NOT mention holding A at the start of the match as an alternative in that update

EDIT: im not gonna say that holding A is a sure way to get sexy suit samus because sheik/zelda are substitutable while samus/sexy suit has been confirmed for substitutability yet (if thats a word) but anythings possible, you never know

Black/Light

Smash Master
yes but if you read the post above you, youll see that an A button cheat to play as Sexy Suit Samus isnt something hes gonna reveal. if we got zelda's special moves tonight, and down+B was confirmed to transform into Sheik i would be willing to bet money that sakurai WOULD NOT mention holding A at the start of the match as an alternative in that update
. . . .I actually think Zelda into Sheik is pretty different because Zelda had the ablitility to transform at any given moment with the use of Bv well Zero comes only after the smash ball.:ohwell:

But IDK, I don't put blind faith into cheats and what not being made for something that has been said to be a side effect of the FS 3 times now. .

Del Money

Smash Champion
. . . .I actually think Zelda into Sheik is pretty different because Zelda had the ablitility to transform at any given moment with the use of Bv well Zero comes only after the smash ball.:ohwell:

But IDK, I don't put blind faith into cheats and what not being made for something that has been said to be a side effect of the FS 3 times now. .
yeah being told multiple times that samus sheds into sexy suit kinda throws us for a loop but to get the type us in the first 2 smash trailers about playing as sexy suit samus and then making only one special condition in which that is possible seems like a very brokebackmountain move and im sure sakurai cares more about the greater love for this game than steering us wrong (even though sometimes it feels like the opposite)

Odds are you can start a fight with zero suit samus. Seriously, some people overspeculate things too much to the point where they believe ideas to be solid facts.
yeah i agree. the fact that the sexy suit samus change appears to be permanent however (unlike the sheik transform) kinda confuses things but im sure playability of a hyped-up newcomer will be supported. i mean sakurai has to know that some will playing as prefer sexy suit samus to regular samus

RDK

Smash Hero
Odds are you can start a fight with zero suit samus.
That wouldn't make sense. It was stated on the website that the consequences for using Samus's FS was that she turns into Zamus. The only way I can see the transformation happening is...hmmm, through the use of the Smash Ball.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
you know what i just realized. i think this is a very realistic idea. i think to unlock ZSS you have to use samus final smash in single player mode or something, and then after the fight, it'll be like, a new challenger arrives. and it will be ZSS. but then in multiplayer, she will be playable as her own character...peace

-hiroshi

Adi

Smash Lord
you know what i just realized. i think this is a very realistic idea. i think to unlock ZSS you have to use samus final smash in single player mode or something, and then after the fight, it'll be like, a new challenger arrives. and it will be ZSS. but then in multiplayer, she will be playable as her own character...peace

-hiroshi[/QUOTE

If only Sakurai got his game ideas from this board.

Del Money

Smash Champion

-hiroshi
you see? thats an example of reading between the lines. if people prefer playing as sexy suit samus to regular samus, why force them to use a smash ball to do it? especially if a smash ball ends up being an item...and some people, namely myself and tourney go-ers, play without items for the sake of eliminating the luck factor. i believe we will have another way of starting a match as sexy suit samus. if it turns out im wrong by dec 3rd, then flame my balls all you want on these boards.

RDK

Smash Hero
The mechanics for multiplayer mode probably won't be affected by anything in single. Again--the consequences for using FS with Sam is turning into Zam. And seeing how items are banned from tourneys, the only way to use Zam in competitive games is some sort of work-around (A-button cheat).

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
you see? thats an example of reading between the lines. if people prefer playing as sexy suit samus to regular samus, why force them to use a smash ball to do it? especially if a smash ball ends up being an item...and some people, namely myself and tourney go-ers, play without items for the sake of eliminating the luck factor. i believe we will have another way of starting a match as sexy suit samus. if it turns out im wrong by dec 3rd, then flame my balls all you want on these boards.
ok i will...but seriously, if ppl will be so desperate 2 play as Zamus, then why DOESN'T Sakurai give us a different way 2 unlock Zero suit?

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
this isnt good.... i just checked my academic calendar for fall 07 semester and i have my finals from the 8th of dec. to the 12th!

oh well...looks like im gonna flunk out this semester...cuz come dec. 3rd i will be in a state of perpetual brawl

burrito

Smash Lord
Man, that didn't tell us very much. Okay, I still think that Zamus is a saperate selectable characters despite the fact that Sakurai seems intent on beating "Samus becomes Zamus when she loses her armor" into our heads. Why not make Zamus a selectable character? All he has to do is add another slot on the character select screen. It's not like he has to worry about saving space.

Maybe you can transform into zero suit samus at the beginning of the match by holding z or something... Its a possibility, I doubt Sakurai would tell us even if its there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom