• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

~rh

Smash Lord
Not confirmed yet, but it looks pretty much so par the update last night. Hopefully a miracle will pull through and you can play as her by holding something on the character select screen.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Sakurai stated that she wasn't a "pure" character addition, which clearly means you can't select her on the character selection screen. As much as I would like to use Zero Suit Samus, it's not like we are losing out on anything. Samus has been Samus ever since the N64 version, without being able to use her Zero Suit form. If we can only use her every once in awhile, consider it a luxury.

~rh

Smash Lord
Thats a bummer. But oh well, we still don't know some of the new newcomers, so all hope isn't lost quite yet.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai stated that she wasn't a "pure" character addition, which clearly means you can't select her on the character selection screen. As much as I would like to use Zero Suit Samus, it's not like we are losing out on anything. Samus has been Samus ever since the N64 version, without being able to use her Zero Suit form. If we can only use her every once in awhile, consider it a luxury.
Yeah, I guess. It will be cool I guess when you finally do get to use her.

Del Money

Smash Champion
i posted this on another thread...but im going to repost it just for fun.

sorry if this is incredibly off topic... but ive got some dirt to get off my chest. I care not if I'm banned...simply because it is the truth and some people need to realize this:

todays update is one of the many that have had the smash community buzzing. these news updates bring many debates and opinions on the game, and allow us to look at the upcoming game through different perspectives. What disgusts me is how some people, or "kids" as i call em, are bringing the terrible attitudes from their real life persona onto these boards. You know who im talking about. people like dylan and his butt buddies spamming "ZOMG YOU CAN ONLY play as ZSS by FINAL SMASH? COMPETITIVE SMASHING IS RUINED BOYCOTT BRAWL!!" and "IF WAVEDASHING IS NOT IN BRAWL BOYCOTT THE GAME". They arent the only ones, you guys know who im talkin about. The fact is... these might be the worst approaches to anything, in a game or in life. This childish philosophy of "IF EVERYTHING IS NOT EXACTLY HOW I WANT IT THEN IT IS NOT GOOD" does not belong in any competitive event. Frankly, id rather play BRAWL by MYSELF than play with idiots with that kind of sportsmanship. A real competitor will accept the changes brought about by brawl, adjust to them, and have fun. the fact of the matter is... BRAWL is not MELEE!!!! Everyone is so AFRAID and Scared that their skills in melee will not transition directly to brawl. Sakurai is going to give the people what they want. And true... this game may be geared to a more casual audience... and may be different than melee in many ways... but you must look at this aspect with EXCITEMENT, not fear. The competitive smash community will evolve through brawl just as the smash series will. THe bottomline is this.... if you are a punk whos going to ***** and complain about every aspect of brawl that your going to have to adjust to... dont plague the brawl community with your b1tchery. Perhaps your activity of choice should be pausing a game of tony hawks pro skater two when your doing a trick and then stick the rumbling controller up ur ***. As of this day forward.. i am starting a prebrawl organization called ABS (ANTI ***** SMASHING) Anyone with me?
at the risk of sounding gay...i love you dawg. if admin bans you for that, they can ban me too. theyve already given me 3 friggin infractions anyway

on topic: sakurai will definitely clarify the sexy suit samus dilemma so dont worry. only downside is it may not happen tonight, and that worries me cuz we'll hear nonstop complaints about sakurai leaving us in the dark tomorrow, especially if tonights update is the baseball bat

NukeA6

Smash Master
I guess I was wrong when I said this update would end a big debate. It only splitted it apart. :(

I wouldn't count out Zamus though. Notice she appeared in more screenshots than Samus? If she really is only accessible via Final Smash, that just wouldn't make sense. Wouldn't they show Samus more?

From what I have seen, Zamus can be chosen before the start of the match. The Zero Laser is just like KOF Chris's SDM where he becomes Orochi Chris (except there's no damage being dealt).

Del Money

Smash Champion
How is that possible when ZSS is "BEHIND" Kirby not directly under -_-
you still talking about that d*mn picture? well i think one of 2 things:

1. kirby threw it down while leaping over sexy suit samus then took it in the face from zelda (insert dirty joke here)

2. pikachu threw it sexy suit samus which would explain the dumb look on his face

so i dont doubt your opinion but i dont believe that issue is relevant anymore

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Kirby can throw it down sherlock.

Also I think we are getting a character bio for Zamus tomorrow.
you still talking about that d*mn picture? well i think one of 2 things:

1. kirby threw it down while leaping over sexy suit samus then took it in the face from zelda (insert dirty joke here)

2. pikachu threw it sexy suit samus which would explain the dumb look on his face

so i dont doubt your opinion but i dont believe that issue is relevant anymore
lol! i left my computer on while i left the house and i had the comment replied to but i never press "submit reply" i just got back and pressed the button

my fault

M.K

Level 55
There has to be a way to get Sexy Suit Samus available from the start, maybe, I mean, think about it.

And to everyone complaining about the Final Smash Transformation, did we have this ******* discussion with Zelda/Sheik?

"ZOMg, u cN onlee get SHeiK by TRAnsfORmIng? GEEEEEEEzzzzzzzzzzzusssss"

Of course Sheik was playable from the main menu (hold a button), so why shouldn't freaking Sexy Suit?

People are so impatient and obnoxious these days.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I guess I was wrong when I said this update would end a big debate. It only splitted it apart. :(

I wouldn't count out Zamus though. Notice she appeared in more screenshots than Samus? If she really is only accessible via Final Smash, that just wouldn't make sense. Wouldn't they show Samus more?

From what I have seen, Zamus can be chosen before the start of the match. The Zero Laser is just like KOF Chris's SDM where he becomes Orochi Chris (except there's no damage being dealt).
that's what most of the updates have done anyway, cause more questions than answering them.

i do hope this is only ONE way to transform. there has got to be another way of doing it, to please the Zamus players. considering what i play and what my interests are, i'll probably have Zamus higher on my list than Samus herself, and i don't want to wait to play as her, especially considering smash balls could be banned in tourneys

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
that's what most of the updates have done anyway, cause more questions than answering them.

i do hope this is only ONE way to transform. there has got to be another way of doing it, to please the Zamus players. considering what i play and what my interests are, i'll probably have Zamus higher on my list than Samus herself, and i don't want to wait to play as her, especially considering smash balls could be banned in tourneys
I conclude that Sakurai invented mindgames. I also conclude he's the best smash player in the world. He doesn't know how to play like a pro, but he mindgames the f*** out of the best of the best everyday, thus he 5 stocks them everyday. True story! :chuckle:

Also, this still makes me laugh, scroll down on the first one, and view all my comments, and everyone who counters them! ;)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104123&page=783

Just read the first 6 or so posts on this one! ;)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104123&page=784

^^^^ Free money, free money! Lucario is now my top pick for Brawl, f*** WW Link! :chuckle:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
And, look at the first and second pic of ZSS. the background changes. I was right!
the background changes cause during final smashes, it gets dark, like the first 3 pics. but the final smash is over, so the last 2 are bright and sunny.

if anything, those are two diffrent stages, the indoor and outdoor of the castle, not one huge stage

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
the background changes cause during final smashes, it gets dark, like the first 3 pics. but the final smash is over, so the last 2 are bright and sunny.

if anything, those are two diffrent stages, the indoor and outdoor of the castle, not one huge stage

No! Look at the background veeerrryyy closely. See? In the first two pics of Zero Suit Samus. The background COMPLETELY CHANGES!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
that's cause the camera is at a diffrent angle. you see the flag in the second pic, well it's the same flag in the third pic. nothing changed except the camera angle. leave this as speculation, not FACT, until the stage is shown on the site

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
sigh...

if you look closely at both pictures, everything is the same, but the camera has changed. i'm not gonna argue with you cause i feel deep inside me that this is a seperate stage from the indoors version and that what you describe as the stage moving is just the camera angle changing to get a better view of Zamus

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
I conclude that Sakurai invented mindgames. I also conclude he's the best smash player in the world. He doesn't know how to play like a pro, but he mindgames the f*** out of the best of the best everyday, thus he 5 stocks them everyday. True story! :chuckle:

Also, this still makes me laugh, scroll down on the first one, and view all my comments, and everyone who counters them! ;)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104123&page=783

Just read the first 6 or so posts on this one! ;)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104123&page=784

^^^^ Free money, free money! Lucario is now my top pick for Brawl, f*** WW Link! :chuckle:
dude i envy anyone who's guaranteed a free copy of brawl lol go you.

I

i8waffles612

I was in wisconsin dells for the past couple days, so lol...

the past few updates are pretty cool.. I guess we now know the ZSS only appears in the Final Smash

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
dude i envy anyone who's guaranteed a free copy of brawl lol go you.
Thank you large fanbases. Anyone want to bet that Diddy Kong won't be playable in Brawl=??? If he's not, I'll buy you a copy of Super Mario Galaxy, and if he is, well you do the same, but for me.

Maybe I'l lget more games, lol! XD HEHE, good thing I'm a gambler who knows the chances of the game. I got pocket kings, he's got 2 7 off suite, and we're both all in, and have equal chips. Winner takes all, and we both got 2 pair. (Ace-Ace-6-7), and the river is coming...and 2 sevens were burned=pwned! 2% chance=chances Lucario won't make it! Man am I happy, and I have those two pages as my bookmarks, and if he doesn't do it, or I don't, flam the life out of us! ;)

@ KevRed
ZSS profile/A button to transform thing, or Character Profile: Yoshi. I feel it in the wind...or crawling, and how it works (I'm actually intrested in that). :) I really wonder how crawling works, and how it will be useful, and under wat circumstances. I love the idea, but WW Link deserves the 2nd fastest crawl (he does do a stealth mission after all, and can crawl in WW), and Snake deserves the fastest. :)

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
Thank you large fanbases. Anyone want to bet that Diddy Kong won't be playable in Brawl=??? If he's not, I'll buy you a copy of Super Mario Galaxy, and if he is, well you do the same, but for me.

Maybe I'l lget more games, lol! XD HEHE, good thing I'm a gambler who knows the chances of the game. I got pocket kings, he's got 2 7 off suite, and we're both all in, and have equal chips. Winner takes all, and we both got 2 pair. (Ace-Ace-6-7), and the river is coming...and 2 sevens were burned=pwned! 2% chance=chances Lucario won't make it! Man am I happy, and I have those two pages as my bookmarks, and if he doesn't do it, or I don't, flam the life out of us! ;)

@ KevRed
ZSS profile/A button to transform thing, or Character Profile: Yoshi. I feel it in the wind...or crawling, and how it works (I'm actually intrested in that). :) I really wonder how crawling works, and how it will be useful, and under wat circumstances. I love the idea, but WW Link deserves the 2nd fastest crawl (he does do a stealth mission after all, and can crawl in WW), and Snake deserves the fastest. :)

lol anyone stupid enough to take him up on that bet? if anyone takes that, you'll save like 100 bucks on two of the best wii games lol im pretty sure that diddy will be in, so ya theres my two cents

bored

Smash Ace
I'm not going to stay up like I did last night waiting for an update... ::sigh::

bored

Smash Ace
the samus fs update is the only one i've missed, i hope i can make it to tonight's update, sakurai's got everyone buzzing big time.
The anxiety is killing me, lol if it doesn't change it won't bother me as much.. just I don't want another update that will soon make fanboys go medieval on Sakurai.

B-Bop

Smash Cadet
Hey folks, first post ;)

Hmm, I've been a little let down this week with the updates, but I'm retaining my faith, i have a feeling something good will come up before the end of this week! I don't mind really the way Zamus is brought into play tbh, although I think there'll be some concern if there's no way to use her without going through a Final Smash first.

Anywayz, I have a feeling, most probably just hope really that the next update will be a stage. :) Hoping to hell it's not more musc or a how-to-play.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
The anxiety is killing me, lol if it doesn't change it won't bother me as much.. just I don't want another update that will soon make fanboys go medieval on Sakurai.
eh, never like the idea of staying up. i'd rather get my sleep, and wake up to smash. makes the day that much better

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
lol anyone stupid enough to take him up on that bet? if anyone takes that, you'll save like 100 bucks on two of the best wii games lol im pretty sure that diddy will be in, so ya theres my two cents
TWo cents, you actually put in two cents when someone could buy it for you=??? :chuckle: And I would do a Metroid Prime one, but it's like only 5 weeks away, unless someone wants to bet to sy Zelda won't be in Brawl, while I'll say she's in Brawl, lol! XD More money, more money!

And hello B-Bop, and might I suggest you make a post in the meet & greet section. Hope you enjoy the SWF! :)

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I really enjoy the music updates. They're fun to listen to. ^^ Although I love the stages and characters even more.

RDK

Smash Hero
TWo cents, you actually put in two cents when someone could buy it for you=??? And I would do a Metroid Prime one, but it's like only 5 weeks away, unless someone wants to bet to sy Zelda won't be in Brawl, while I'll say she's in Brawl, lol! XD More money, more money!
I think he ment 2-cents as in his thoughts--like, "There's my two cents on the matter."

Unless you were being sarcastic.

B-Bop

Smash Cadet
TWo cents, you actually put in two cents when someone could buy it for you=??? :chuckle: And I would do a Metroid Prime one, but it's like only 5 weeks away, unless someone wants to bet to sy Zelda won't be in Brawl, while I'll say she's in Brawl, lol! XD More money, more money!

And hello B-Bop, and might I suggest you make a post in the meet & greet section. Hope you enjoy the SWF! :)
Thanks dude, I believe I might. ;)

Music updates aren't so bad, but it's really crap waiting for hours simply to find something like a 'how-to-play' or 'games modes'... useful or not, I think they really need to (de)confirm a lot of rumours. Look at how badly Deoxys as a pokeball pokemon has been recieved. LOL.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I really enjoy the music updates. They're fun to listen to. ^^ Although I love the stages and characters even more.
^^^^ My thoughts exactly. Also I like the final smashes and how cool they look, even though most of us will only use them a dozen or so times. It's to the eyes wat music is to the ears, except we'll hear the music a lot more than we use the Smash Balls and Final Smashes. :)

@ Red Darkstar Kirby
It was sarcasm. ;)

bored

Smash Ace
Surely what they are updating on the site is just a taste of whats truly to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom