• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_name

Smash Apprentice
You have a point, but it's a bit of a stretch. The wording is vague enough where what you say could work, but if that were the case I'd think Sakurai would be a bit more clear on that.

That's what I mentioned before, but mostly out of sarcasm. How would that work?

Samus fires a blast so powerful her armor comes off.

Zamus fires a blast so powerful.....it makes her magnetic so her armor sticks back to her? What Final Smash could Zamus have that would make her armor appear?
A new chozo suit appears?

2. ZSS is not a character addition, so that leaves one more spot for a character
er...its taking up space in the disc... the big deal isnt the little icon on the character select screen, its the time needed to create a unique moveset and design for a character and the space needed on the disc.

3. Green Kirby's pattern remains true! (this is a character update)
wth does that mean?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
A new chozo suit appears?
I guess, but how would this be done in a way that's worthy of being a Final Smash? Samus' works because it's a gigantic laser. If you could start out as Zamus, and you got the Smash Ball, and all it did was magic you a new suit, that'd be kind of unfair.

user_name

Smash Apprentice
I guess, but how would this be done in a way that's worthy of being a Final Smash? Samus' works because it's a gigantic laser. If you could start out as Zamus, and you got the Smash Ball, and all it did was magic you a new suit, that'd be kind of unfair.
I believe that when a user binds with a chozo suit it emits a powerful wave of energy.

Betaz

Smash Ace
^^^^
ack!!! you somehow beat me even though we posted at the same time

well... considering in every metroid game, whenever you get a new suit a HUGE shockwave appears covering the entire screen

Del Money

Smash Champion
Good News #3 is just saying that the thread "Could there be a pattern to Sakurai's updates" still holds true, as many people expected a character profile. A FS is still a character update, which makes the rest of the week a game mode and a how to play....:
youll be eating those words if a fan or baseball bat shows up

M.K

Level 55
I'll get the tweezers, doctor.

I mean, yeah, they are "new" and "possible cool" stuff, but it just doesn't beat the power-packed taste of Sunny D.

oh wait, I mean a Character/Item/Stage Update

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Me likey crawling! Me likey crawling!

....As I was saying, an update on crawling would be nice.
Ya, I agree. I just want to see how it works, since it is a neat idea. I think that was a smart addition to Brawl [crawling]. If you think hard enough, you could think of so many ways it's useful, or at least going into the dodging position. Imagine being in the crawl position, then go into a wavedash combo, your opponent will never see it coming. Crawling+wavedashing=pwnage! :)

Del Money

Smash Champion
No, it wouldn't. I'm sure all you have to do to do it iscrouch,then,while staying in crouch, move. I'd be dissapointed.
yeah crawling doesnt seem to complex. and i cant really see it as a useful strategy unless:

1. some levels require it (like the one shown in the nintendo world trailer i think)
2. you can attack and shield white crawling

I'll get the tweezers, doctor.

I mean, yeah, they are "new" and "possible cool" stuff, but it just doesn't beat the power-packed taste of Sunny D.

oh wait, I mean a Character/Item/Stage Update
all in all, stages dont really interest me too much. stages are more of something ill be majorly excited about when i actually play the game. kinda the same deal with items too although ATs were nice to learn about. its really characters that make you determine how many different gamers nintendo is trying to reach out to

EDIT: and dont tweeze mah hurr dawg, i dun luv mah hurr

M.K

Level 55
OMG, what if like, you played a side-scrolling level where you have to crawl through a narrow passage way, or you get left on the other side of the wall and get crushed by the abyss following you!

CRAWLING FTW

Del Money

Smash Champion
OMG, what if like, you played a side-scrolling level where you have to crawl through a narrow passage way, or you get left on the other side of the wall and get crushed by the abyss following you!

CRAWLING FTW
somehow that seems plausible...if brawl were an action/adventure game maybe. the rotating brinstar depths was bad enough. you might be onto something though. how about incorporated what you just described into a "race to the finish" bonus stage?

Del Money

Smash Champion
I wonder how we're going to be able to crawl. Is it going to be by smashing the control stick down while you're standing?
what? last time i checked thats crouching. itll probably be holding down+L or something while using left and right to move left and right and then maybe shielding will only be done with the R-button. this is all just a guess though and im stumped as to how they could do it with the wiimote. they have to make the controls simple for this game. smash bros isnt the type of game you wanna complexify (if thats a word) the controls for. youll get chewed out by the entire fanbase which is pretty **** large

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I know some already have pointed this but...........

Pikachu is considerably bigger in the last picture,, and not ontly there..... in the last pic of deoxis update...if you look closely...he is almost half the size of donkey kong and is same size if not bigger than Mario the plumber.

Pikachu is a letal character, but his biggest flaw is that he was too small............. now if he gets bigger..... he will be a very difficult foe to beat!!

Roy Dynasty

Smash Journeyman
Other than for traversing through a stage, I see no practical use for crawling during a battle.
Ducking under a stream of bullets if someone's using the super scope or something, but if they can aim in any direction that might ruin that idea.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yo guys, if it's something besides Characters and Stages, ill complain like the rest of you. I can't take this week.
would you complain if it was a how-to-play on air grabbing/air throwing (assuming they exists)? id like a character too but the only things i'm against at the point are items and link's special moves

Ducking under a stream of bullets if someone's using the super scope or something, but if they can aim in any direction that might ruin that idea.
crawling may only be useful if you can attack while doing it. it defeats the purpose of crawling under an opponents projectile in their can simply just stop shooting and down smash you. also, maybe theyll have a "race to the finish" bonus stage where crawling through obstacle courses is mandatory

user_name

Smash Apprentice
Ya, I agree. I just want to see how it works, since it is a neat idea. I think that was a smart addition to Brawl [crawling]. If you think hard enough, you could think of so many ways it's useful, or at least going into the dodging position. Imagine being in the crawl position, then go into a wavedash combo, your opponent will never see it coming. Crawling+wavedashing=pwnage! :)
Im kind of pissed that I couldnt get on earlier to respond to the person who posted right under me, as I agree completely

It's not important how mundane crawling looks

It's not important how easy crawling is to do

Whats important is how you can use it strategy-wise. (will it get you lower to the ground then a crouch, how fast will you move, what advanced techniques does this allow/create/alter/remove from the game, are there areas of levels that you can only access by crawling, can you go into a jump from a crawl or do you have to stand up/crouch first, etc...)

CRAWLING FTW
I would honestly love to see a level like that. Theres nothing wrong with a few quirky levels.

~rh

Smash Lord
Zamus better be selectable other than this final smash BS Sak put out last night... :(

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
We might have to just take it as it is and move on.

Look, Zamus is cool, but not neccassary.

We're lucky to ave her AT ALL, because she doesn't even really NEED to be here...

Still though - odd update no doubt.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
i posted this on another thread...but im going to repost it just for fun.

sorry if this is incredibly off topic... but ive got some dirt to get off my chest. I care not if I'm banned...simply because it is the truth and some people need to realize this:

todays update is one of the many that have had the smash community buzzing. these news updates bring many debates and opinions on the game, and allow us to look at the upcoming game through different perspectives. What disgusts me is how some people, or "kids" as i call em, are bringing the terrible attitudes from their real life persona onto these boards. You know who im talking about. people like dylan and his butt buddies spamming "ZOMG YOU CAN ONLY play as ZSS by FINAL SMASH? COMPETITIVE SMASHING IS RUINED BOYCOTT BRAWL!!" and "IF WAVEDASHING IS NOT IN BRAWL BOYCOTT THE GAME". They arent the only ones, you guys know who im talkin about. The fact is... these might be the worst approaches to anything, in a game or in life. This childish philosophy of "IF EVERYTHING IS NOT EXACTLY HOW I WANT IT THEN IT IS NOT GOOD" does not belong in any competitive event. Frankly, id rather play BRAWL by MYSELF than play with idiots with that kind of sportsmanship. A real competitor will accept the changes brought about by brawl, adjust to them, and have fun. the fact of the matter is... BRAWL is not MELEE!!!! Everyone is so AFRAID and Scared that their skills in melee will not transition directly to brawl. Sakurai is going to give the people what they want. And true... this game may be geared to a more casual audience... and may be different than melee in many ways... but you must look at this aspect with EXCITEMENT, not fear. The competitive smash community will evolve through brawl just as the smash series will. THe bottomline is this.... if you are a punk whos going to ***** and complain about every aspect of brawl that your going to have to adjust to... dont plague the brawl community with your b1tchery. Perhaps your activity of choice should be pausing a game of tony hawks pro skater two when your doing a trick and then stick the rumbling controller up ur ***. As of this day forward.. i am starting a prebrawl organization called ABS (ANTI ***** SMASHING) Anyone with me?

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I don't think Sakurai is teeling us the whole story,there's probably another to change into ZSS without Smash Balls. You guys know how Nintendo LOVES to screw with us,so its possible.

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam

sorry if this is incredibly off topic... but ive got some dirt to get off my chest. I care not if I'm banned...simply because it is the truth and some people need to realize this:

todays update is one of the many that have had the smash community buzzing. these news updates bring many debates and opinions on the game, and allow us to look at the upcoming game through different perspectives. What disgusts me is how some people, or "kids" as i call em, are bringing the terrible attitudes from their real life persona onto these boards. You know who im talking about. people like dylan and his butt buddies spamming "ZOMG YOU CAN ONLY play as ZSS by FINAL SMASH? COMPETITIVE SMASHING IS RUINED BOYCOTT BRAWL!!" and "IF WAVEDASHING IS NOT IN BRAWL BOYCOTT THE GAME". They arent the only ones, you guys know who im talkin about. The fact is... these might be the worst approaches to anything, in a game or in life. This childish philosophy of "IF EVERYTHING IS NOT EXACTLY HOW I WANT IT THEN IT IS NOT GOOD" does not belong in any competitive event. Frankly, id rather play BRAWL by MYSELF than play with idiots with that kind of sportsmanship. A real competitor will accept the changes brought about by brawl, adjust to them, and have fun. the fact of the matter is... BRAWL is not MELEE!!!! Everyone is so AFRAID and Scared that their skills in melee will not transition directly to brawl. Sakurai is going to give the people what they want. And true... this game may be geared to a more casual audience... and may be different than melee in many ways... but you must look at this aspect with EXCITEMENT, not fear. The competitive smash community will evolve through brawl just as the smash series will. THe bottomline is this.... if you are a punk whos going to ***** and complain about every aspect of brawl that your going to have to adjust to... dont plague the brawl community with your b1tchery. Perhaps your activity of choice should be pausing a game of tony hawks pro skater two when your doing a trick and then stick the rumbling controller up ur ***. As of this day forward.. i am starting a prebrawl organization called ABS (ANTI ***** SMASHING) Anyone with me?
QFT dude sign me up

user_name

Smash Apprentice

No.

Thanks for offering, though! ^^

Rash

Smash Ace
That's a very long post Testament, and definitely a little more extreme in presentation than necessary. However, I can't say that I'm not in the same general boat as you when it comes to the attitude about Brawl.

Honestly, I don't want to see Melee 2.0 in Brawl. Not in the characters, not in the stages, not in the speed, not even in the mechanics. I'm all for keeping the basics from Melee (as far as general combat is concerned) in the game in order to keep it as much like Smash as possible, but I very much welcome change. I'm not saying that the game should be so far different from its predecessors that it's unrecognizeable for Smash vets (pro or not), but honestly, Brawl is the next installment in a video game series for Christ's sake. For it not to offer enough new material to have a unique "feel" within the Smash franchise in more than a few ways would hurt in the long run.

Come December 3rd, Smash will be a three-game series, and hopefully, all three games will be as distinct as possible. To say that the newest game should sacrifice important mechanics to change itself is definitely unreasonable, but to hope that it's a minor progression from its predecessors and to hope that the transition from one game to the other is flawless is unreasonable as well.

Smash Brothers is not Street Fighter.

mariomasv

Smash Rookie

Im with you... but i still think that Samus needing a smash ball to transform into ZSS it's f**king ********. it could be attractive for casual audience, but competitive gameplay would definetively be ruined. nobody even uses items in competitive gameplay. the only way this stupidity could look right is that you can start as ZSS if you press the A button or something like that.

MechanizedDeviousFox

Smash Journeyman

QFT.

Q.F.T.

HumanIce

Smash Cadet
Here are the local times when you can the update:

USA and Canada
Alaska (GMT -7): 7PM
West Coast (GMT -8): 8PM
Middle West (GMT -7): 9PM
Central (GMT -6): 10PM
Mexico (GMT -6): 10PM
East Coast (GMT -5): 11PM

United Kingdom (GMT 0): 4AM
Europe (GMT +1): 5AM

heyyy, at Icelandic time it updates on 7:00 in the morning, could you maybe update that to the list there?

umm.. and Iceland is in europe.. and not INSIDE europe.. but an island.. at the water.. just there on the EU map.. we from iceland are SSB fans too ya know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom