• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I think it's a bad idea for most people to read the updates. They get small pieces of information and make huge assumptions or overreact entirely. If they didn't find out hardly anything until the game was released, they'd still be upset about a missing character or something, but it wouldn't be as devestating. They'd be like "ah, man, Deoxys isn't in...oh well because ________"

As it is, seeing only pieces of it, people go overboard. They don't see it in light of the bigger picture, and then you get reactions like today (which I don't understand) where people are cursing at Sakurai and threating to harm him and that he's completely blown it, etc. etc. In short, I think most people can't handle getting this information in this way. It's best to look at it all as a whole, in the big picture, as opposed to piece by piece and completely overreacting.

burrito

Smash Lord
Hmm.. I have no idea what is going on in that last picture, Zamus her gun is pretty far away from her, also, Pickachu and Kirby look rather large, or is that just me? Anyway, I would've hoped Zamus to be playable without the Final, as they will most likely be off at tournaments and Zamus won't be playable then. Still, I was curious for this update so I'm glad I finally know.
They are obviously throwing around the pieces of her armor. I think Sakurai makes this pretty clear.

Stryks

Smash Hero
this is so stupid....the whole thing

UGH!....

is ANYONE happy about this!?
F' yeah im happy! This still doesnt make the: "Zamus should be a seperate character" false, but with the look of things zamus can only be used after the Final...

Seriously all of those that are whinning about this is because they want another shiek character cause they lack skill and want to use a broken character (im not saying shes gonna be broken, but with similair moves like shiek who knows)...

Anyway what I find SICK (in the good way) is her Final itself, that thing is uber huge, do it in a small stage like battlefield and theres no where to run!

Zeela12

Smash Ace
how is zsamus gonna be used in tournaments then? will final smashes be allowed in tournaments in general?

also, when zsamus die, does she come back as samus or zsamus?

Sigh... so many new questions arise.

nuro

Smash Lord
Even though in Metroid Zero mission Samus's suit never fell off because she did her super smash attack, I think that Sakurai is still trying to emphasizing how Samus works. This does not mean there wont be a way of selecting ZSS from the start. Remember all the key notes he mentioned about Samus and ZSS? "Wow.... its a girl in there!" This is the kind of stuff Sakurai wants to link us too. Without Samus's final smash turning her into ZSS a newcomer would never know that they were actually the same character.

I think Sakurai will also require us to hold the A button when the stage is loading in order for us to choose Zamus as a character. Same goes with Zelda/Sheik.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Did anyone notice this?

Pikachu is avoiding Battle!
well gee there are 3 people flying from pokemon don't you think some one had to throw it?

and notices how thier are 2 pieces of samus's armor that has been throw zelda could have only thrown one where could the other piece of the armor come from? well i'll let you guys use your brains and then rethink that statement

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
how is zsamus gonna be used in tournaments then? will final smashes be allowed in tournaments in general?
Before you ask that question, think about whether or not the Final Smashes will even have an option of being there or not. The Smash Ball doesn't appear to technically be an item (not on the item list). It's possible that you just can't turn them off.

I think Sakurai will also require us to hold the A button when the stage is loading in order for us to choose Zamus as a character. Same goes with Zelda/Sheik.
That makes sense in theory, but then what happens when a Smash Ball appears and you're already Zamus? Are you just physically incapable of getting the Smash Ball? Or do you, this time, use a blast SO powerful that it.....MAGNETIZES YOU AND ALL YOUR ARMOR STICKS BACK TO YOUR BODY AGAIN......?

nuro

Smash Lord
That makes sense in theory, but then what happens when a Smash Ball appears and you're already Zamus? Are you just physically incapable of getting the Smash Ball? Or do you, this time, use a blast SO powerful that it.....MAGNETIZES YOU AND ALL YOUR ARMOR STICKS BACK TO YOUR BODY AGAIN......?
Well what happens if Samus uses the Super Smash Item and another Smash Item respawns while Samus has turned into Zamus?

I dont think Zamus would be able to come back together since you can throw the parts off of the stage but Zamus likely has a Super Smash Attack of her own.

The HBIC

Smash Rookie
I'M NOT REALLY DISSAPOINTED BY DIS UPDATE BUT STILL WE'Z GET TO PLAY AZ HER, SO YALLZ SHOULDN'T BE ALL MAD AND STUFF...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well what happens if Samus uses the Super Smash Item and another Smash Item respawns while Samus has turned into Zamus?

I dont think Zamus would be able to come back together since you can throw the parts of the stage but Zamus likely has a Super Smash Attack. Holding A is not affected by your question however.
We have no reason to believe more than one Smash Ball will appear per game. Direct quote from Sakurai:

"The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed."

Even if more than one Smash Ball appears during the game (which I doubt), it looks like a single character would still only be able to use it one time.

nuro

Smash Lord
We have no reason to believe more than one Smash Ball will appear per game. Direct quote from Sakurai:

"The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed."

Even if more than one Smash Ball appears during the game (which I doubt), it looks like a single character would still only be able to use it one time.
I never saw this but that doesn't mean that Zamus cant have her own Super Smash attack if you hold A.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I never saw this but that doesn't mean that Zamus cant have her own Super Smash attack if you hold A.
I assume by this you mean that Zamus could have her own unique Final Smash if you hold down A at the beginning of the game to start out as her.

And I suppose she could. Nothing's for sure yet.

But if that were the case, that would mean Samus could turn into Zamus, but if you start out as Zamus, you can't turn into Samus. That essentially lessens armored-Samus as a character. Zamus would basically just be encroaching on Samus' character slot.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
maybe you don't have to only have one final smash per match. someone in another thread sort of broke down the wording on smash bros, and he may be onto something.

although it said "can be performed but once" maybe it doesn't mean once per match or once per fighter. maybe it means "once every time you grab the item, as opposed to other items that let you do it more than once every time you grab one". a ray gun lets you fire more than once. the super scope lets you fire more than once. a smash ball, however, let's you do it once, then grab another. so this could mean Zamus has a way of transforming back

user_name

Smash Apprentice
I assume by this you mean that Zamus could have her own unique Final Smash if you hold down A at the beginning of the game to start out as her.

And I suppose she could. Nothing's for sure yet.

But if that were the case, that would mean Samus could turn into Zamus, but if you start out as Zamus, you can't turn into Samus. That essentially lessens armored-Samus as a character. Zamus would basically just be encroaching on Samus' character slot.
unless Zamus transforms into Samus for her FS. and I would be more for Zamus being an unlockable character than the holding 'A' to toggle like in SSBM.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
maybe you don't have to only have one final smash per match. someone in another thread sort of broke down the wording on smash bros, and he may be onto something.

although it said "can be performed but once" maybe it doesn't mean once per match or once per fighter. maybe it means "once every time you grab the item, as opposed to other items that let you do it more than once every time you grab one". a ray gun lets you fire more than once. the super scope lets you fire more than once. a smash ball, however, let's you do it once, then grab another. so this could mean Zamus has a way of transforming back
You have a point, but it's a bit of a stretch. The wording is vague enough where what you say could work, but if that were the case I'd think Sakurai would be a bit more clear on that.

unless Zamus transforms into Samus for her FS.
That's what I mentioned before, but mostly out of sarcasm. How would that work?

Samus fires a blast so powerful her armor comes off.

Zamus fires a blast so powerful.....it makes her magnetic so her armor sticks back to her? What Final Smash could Zamus have that would make her armor appear?

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I didnt like today's update :( i mean i thought ZSS would be a separate char from Samus, and as some ppl stated, the effect of her FS seems irreversible, oh well, there will be things I like and some I won't. Its interesting what some of you people say. Anyways, thats pretty much everything i had to say :p

BentoBox

Smash Master
You have a point, but it's a bit of a stretch. The wording is vague enough where what you say could work, but if that were the case I'd think Sakurai would be a bit more clear on that.

Zamus fires a blast so powerful.....it makes her magnetic so her armor sticks back to her? What Final Smash could Zamus have that would make her armor appear?
She takes out her lasso and gets ahold of all the scattered pieces of armor!

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
even though it's not the best idea this so far seems the most plausible idea (if you can start as zamus)

ok time for some Zamus fs speculation...
i'm going to say she will find the Varia Suit and will touch it equiping it... but for all of us who has played a metroid game we know equipping a new suit causes a shockwave i'm going to guess that that shockwave will be the thing that causes damage

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well one thing is for sure, were bound to have a character tomorrow, and with samus final im betting its Zamus profile, eithe rthat or a yoshi/peach/ness/falcon confirmation...

nuro

Smash Lord

If you played the game Zamus gets it back on by defeating a boss in some ancient ruins place. She has to have a test with herself or something to that affect so I dont think it will be as simple to just get her suit back on. Especially after we can see that we can throw her suit pieces off of the stage.

I think we are thinking too deep into this already. Just keep an open mind. Sakurai is being extremely vague with all the info he is giving us. It's nice to know something new but when some one is being vague we cant automatically assume things.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Nuro. We should just wait patiently; Sakurai will answer our questions. We have a lot of time b4 brawl even comes out, so we'll get the answer sooner than later.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
If you played the game Zamus gets it back on by defeating a boss in some ancient ruins place. She has to have a test with herself or something to that affect so I dont think it will be as simple to just get her suit back on. Especially after we can see that we can throw her suit pieces off of the stage.

I think we are thinking too deep into this already. Just keep an open mind. Sakurai is being extremely vague with all the info he is giving us. It's nice to know something new but when some one is being vague we cant automatically assume things.
I suppose you're right. I'm getting kind of tired of being the pessimist about all this anyway. Guess I'll just wait to see what Sakurai thinks is the right way to go.

M.K

Level 55
COOL UPDATE!

The Good News:
1. Samus's Final Smash is almighty, godly, and destructive!
2. ZSS is not a character addition, so that leaves one more spot for a character
3. Green Kirby's pattern remains true! (this is a character update)
4. People who main Samus (ME) get a choice of characters!

The Bad News:
1. This post will probably get flamed
2. Samus main's have to deal with ZSS, not really a bad thing, but we'll have to learn how to use her!

And, tommorow morning, my diving practice was cancelled, so I can stay up tonight for the update! WOO!

Del Money

Smash Champion
I suppose you're right. I'm getting kind of tired of being the pessimist about all this anyway. Guess I'll just wait to see what Sakurai thinks is the right way to go.
good idea but we may go get to know what Sakurai thinks if the fanboys make good on their threats to kill him

COOL UPDATE!

The Good News:
1. Samus's Final Smash is almighty, godly, and destructive!
2. ZSS is not a character addition, so that leaves one more spot for a character
3. Green Kirby's pattern remains true! (this is a character update)
4. People who main Samus (ME) get a choice of characters!

The Bad News:
1. This post will probably get flamed
2. Samus main's have to deal with ZSS, not really a bad thing, but we'll have to learn how to use her!

And, tommorow morning, my diving practice was cancelled, so I can stay up tonight for the update! WOO!
im not trying to flame this post, but it is a HUGE assumption based on probably one of the vaguest updates Sakurai has put up. id say wait for more info before you assume sexy suit samus is not a character addition...especially since the first 2 trailers seem to suggest otherwise

p.s. i dont get what you meant by point #3 in your 'good news' section

M.K

Level 55
good idea but we may go get to know what Sakurai thinks if the fanboys make good on their threats to kill him

im not trying to flame this post, but it is a HUGE assumption based on probably one of the vaguest updates Sakurai has put up. id say wait for more info before you assume sexy suit samus is not a character addition...especially since the first 2 trailers seem to suggest otherwise

p.s. i dont get what you meant by point #3 in your 'good news' section
I know, I'm just really excited since Samus is my primary character.

Good News #3 is just saying that the thread "Could there be a pattern to Sakurai's updates" still holds true, as many people expected a character profile. A FS is still a character update, which makes the rest of the week a game mode and a how to play....

EVERYONE LISTEN, this is really cool/strange, everyone go back and WATCH THE VERY FIRST TRAILER AGAIN. It's cool to see stuff again that we've learned about!

:lick::chuckle::laugh::);):cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom