• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Awesome update if you ask me. And people actually thought they would remove one of her B moves to transfrom...

Now I wonder if you get to her ZSS form without items? Like how you could get to Shieks form at the beggining of a battle.
That's why people think ZSS is a waste. No items = No ZSS.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I think its pretty clear you can only use her after the final smash, but i could be wrong. Also I used to think that "final smashes" were only used towards the end of the match, but now that i think of it i was wrong. I guess as long as smash balls are turned on in items, characters will be able grab them anytime during battle... imagine all items turned off except smash balls and items turned up to high... that would be some major chaos!

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
http://gonintendo.com/?p=21428
lol @ that. It's gonintendo. People are flaming smashboards as a whole.

Hmm, if Final Smashes can be used only once a match, I can see a solution for this. First, have Smash Balls on High. Then have each player grab the ball. Then, have them use their FS, but have them shoot them away from the center of the screen. Then, nobody will get hurt, Zamus will appear, and nobody can use the Smash Balls that will keep appearing.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
We need another update in Samus tomorrow to clear things up....
btw, i saw a sign on someone's front lawn, and on it there was a guy named John Samus. wild eh?

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I have a question about the Smash Ball. Many people have assumed that it can only be used once per battle. (It could also be once per smash ball) Though what do the other launguages say about the Smash Ball?

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as how Zero Suit Samus, as far as we know, is only available via final smash, you can just imagine how broken she'd be. <_<
But Zero Suit Samus is portraed as a HANDICAP in this update. Even the words in the update state that it's the price she pays for using her final trump card (ergo, becoming Zamus is meant to be a NEGATIVE)

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
dang i fell asleep an hour away from the update. oh well. that laser looks kickass to me. and for people whining about the last two updates, there is no need to say brawl will suck just because of two measly updates sheesh. i like this update though. the armor throwing looks cool hehe. and im certain that we should be able to press A at the start of the match too so you can be zamus instantly

Fawriel

Smash Master
We can only hope for that.
The past few updates were majorly controversial.
With the Samus FS out of the way, Sakurai HAS to clear things up.

It's all part of a strategy. He's probably trying to fuel speculation with these kinds of updates. Now everyone is in fear over the availability of Zamus.

I think the controversy has peaked now. It would be a wise move from Sakurai to clear something up and let people relax a little.

Remember how we saw DK at E3 for a split-second, followed by the update of the trailer and DK?
Either that was a little screw-up or intended.

If it was intended, it was supposed to make people go talk about it.

If it was a screw-up, they noticed it and immediately went to post the update on DK.
This might not be too unlikely considering that they posted several updates that could have stood alone.

Maybe if the reaction to this update is too extreme, Sakurai will consider clearing it up if he hasn't already planned to.

Del Money

Smash Champion
We can only hope for that.
The past few updates were majorly controversial.
With the Samus FS out of the way, Sakurai HAS to clear things up.

It's all part of a strategy. He's probably trying to fuel speculation with these kinds of updates. Now everyone is in fear over the availability of Zamus.

I think the controversy has peaked now. It would be a wise move from Sakurai to clear something up and let people relax a little.

Remember how we saw DK at E3 for a split-second, followed by the update of the trailer and DK?
Either that was a little screw-up or intended.

If it was intended, it was supposed to make people go talk about it.

If it was a screw-up, they noticed it and immediately went to post the update on DK.
This might not be too unlikely considering that they posted several updates that could have stood alone.

Maybe if the reaction to this update is too extreme, Sakurai will consider clearing it up if he hasn't already planned to.
couldnt have said it better myself. if sexy suit samus was defined as newcomer in the brawl trailer then they has to be a way to make her playable in non-item tournaments and she must have a final smash also. although this seems like the kind of thing Sakurai shouldve cleared up today with a double update rather than just a single. but im confident we'll get the answers we need soon enough

dang i fell asleep an hour away from the update. oh well. that laser looks kickass to me. and for people whining about the last two updates, there is no need to say brawl will suck just because of two measly updates sheesh. i like this update though. the armor throwing looks cool hehe. and im certain that we should be able to press A at the start of the match too so you can be zamus instantly
that would actually be nice too. it might even logically free up a slot for a another character. im just hoping SSS can get her suit back (even though she looks good with it off)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hopefully Sakurai does clear things up. i hate the fact that the only way to play as Zamus is through a smash ball, considering i might want to transform back into Samus and how rare the item probably is.

there has got to be a loop hole somewhere. you should have something like sheik and transform before the match starts

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
It seems like a fine update to me. Most likely there will be an item switch off on brawl, this will probibly switch final off too.
Meening when in competitive play, you will have your precious classic samus exactly the same as she used to be anyway.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
But Zero Suit Samus is portraed as a HANDICAP in this update. Even the words in the update state that it's the price she pays for using her final trump card (ergo, becoming Zamus is meant to be a NEGATIVE)
This is what is so stupid about the whole thing. So a player who mains Samus uses the FS and turns into Zamus is now disadvantaged for the rest of the stock or maybe even the rest of the game?

I am hoping for this to clear up in the next fortnight (it wont be tomorrow they want to mess with our minds).

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Likely isn't a strategy... I like to think that Sakurai is working on the game than maticulously working out a plan for updates on his site like that.

Again, people may be looking into things a little too much, just as with the Zamus transformation. There were SO many people saying how there could have been a translation error regarding the change, or other absoluteley far-fetched ideas trying to disproove the fact that she transformed. You just take things for wha tthey are - that's all you can do.

Anyways, WTF!? I'm plenty worried that Zamus will only become available if you play a match with Smash Balls (lol) activated! What about a 1v1 with no items? Will Zamus be available??

Del Money

Smash Champion
This is what is so stupid about the whole thing. So a player who mains Samus uses the FS and turns into Zamus is now disadvantaged for the rest of the stock or maybe even the rest of the game?

I am hoping for this to clear up in the next fortnight (it wont be tomorrow they want to mess with our minds).
im not sure" disadvantaged" could be the correct word. if SSS plays anything like sheik, the transformation might not be such a bad thing

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how switching to Zamus becomes a liability. You lose some things and you gain some things too. Is Zamus slower? Is her moveset pitiful as well? If bomb-jumping stays, then Zamus loses a fantastic recovery, along with a grappling hook. I can't wait for more updates!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Does this mean Zero Suit Samus will not get her own Character profile like the other characters? Or will it be placed under samus's profile?

And Another thing what happens if you die? do you go back to Samus or stay ZSS?
Does this mean that you can not play ZSS right off the bat

Aw oh well Free Items to Throw! ^_^

bored

Smash Ace
LOL I like the whole throwing around the rest of her samus suit at enemies...

Del Money

Smash Champion
Does this mean Zero Suit Samus will not get her own Character profile like the other characters? Or will it be placed under samus's profile?

And Another thing what happens if you die? do you go back to Samus or stay ZSS?
Does this mean that you can not play ZSS right off the bat

Aw oh well Free Items to Throw! ^_^
i think she'll get her own profile. she was introduced as "newcomer" in the trailer so im sure she'll get her own.

bored

Smash Ace
Surely enough there not telling us something..
It's possible if like using samus during say adventure mode and the first time you get her FS. then you unlock her as her own character...

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Well, we had a quasi-situation like this with Zelda and Shiek. You can start as Shiek by holding the A button down during stage selection. I bet Sakurai has something lined up in a similar fashion so that we can use Zamus as a solo character instead of relying on the Final Smash.
BTW: That is one sexy Final Smash Samus uses.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I'm confident that Zamus will be a selectable character, despite these new revelations on Samus' Final Smash. Either that, or you'll have the opportunity to play as Zamus at the start of a match in a way like starting a match w/ Sheik in Melee.

It would be a shame if Zamus wasn't a selectable character though because it really does seem that Zamus cannot change back to Samus after her Final Smash is used...

But again, I'm confident that Zamus will be a selectable character. :D

~Old Man Nintendo

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
Well, we had a quasi-situation like this with Zelda and Shiek. You can start as Shiek by holding the A button down during stage selection. I bet Sakurai has something lined up in a similar fashion so that we can use Zamus as a solo character instead of relying on the Final Smash.
BTW: That is one sexy Final Smash Samus uses.
i know i'd have sex with that laser beam if it wouldn't blow me to freakin bits >.<
and ya i think getting to use zamus from the start by pressing a or something is pretty likely.

bored

Smash Ace
I'm confident that Zamus will be a selectable character, despite these new revelations on Samus' Final Smash. Either that, or you'll have the opportunity to play as Zamus at the start of a match in a way like starting a match w/ Sheik in Melee.

It would be a shame if Zamus wasn't a selectable character though because it really does seem that Zamus cannot change back to Samus after her Final Smash is used...

But again, I'm confident that Zamus will be a selectable character. :D

~Old Man Nintendo
Me to! As I said before I think it's just having to unlock her, as in getting her FS during a battle and that somehow unlocks her...:chuckle:

Del Money

Smash Champion
yes. "database error"?
lol i feel like being a smartass today.
so anyway for tonight, im gonna guess that we get a how to play update featuring crawling or airgrabbing(kinda wishful)
i think youre onto something here. maybe crawl-based attack could have a minimoveset of there own

MechanizedDeviousFox

Smash Journeyman
Holy f-ing hell. The immaturity level on this board must have skyrocketed while I was asleep, both from respected and new people. All over some update about Zamus. It's amazing; the Internet at it's finest. :chuckle:

Del Money

Smash Champion
Holy f-ing hell. The immaturity level on this board must have skyrocketed while I was asleep, both from respected and new people. All over some update about Zamus. It's amazing; the Internet at it's finest. :chuckle:
yeah i know right? but at least someone was mature enough to make a separate thread for it

MechanizedDeviousFox

Smash Journeyman
Mmm, on-topic though, I honestly thought it was an alright update. The part I liked most was either the look and feel of Samus' blast when she fires it, or the parts of her suit flying across the stage. Shows how much games have evolved over the years. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom