• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That is stupid, now noone can play as Zamus! :( Why couldn't they be seperate characters=??? Great, now only n00bs will play ZSS, such a waste of a possibly good character. Anyone else here thinking the update sucked=???
Or, y'know, You could just wait and see if holding A before the match starts will work the same as it did with Sheik instead of jumping to such conclusions. ZS Samus and Sheik seem similar anyway. :ohwell:

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Holy crap! He's trying to get people to actually use items this time around? NOWAI. ONLY NOOBZ0RS WOULD EVER DO THAT. It's a neat way for a character transformation; it's not something we've seen before. I don't mind this update. Just because the standard tournament rules are item off doesn't mean you can't play with ZSS.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
NOW it's official; Sakurai has made a mistake. Hopefully Zamus sucks, because I'm going to feel just plain cheated if she's better than regular Samus and you have to go through this gimmicky bull**** to play her.

Maybe, just maybe, he'll salvage things by still making them both selectable on the character screen, or all of the time spent programming that character is going to be completely and utterly wasted.

Oh, and my hiatus from SmashBoards is effective immediately until all of the "I told you so"s and ranting fanboys dies down.
Well noone is going to use Smash Balls and final smashes in Brawl, so if that is the only way to access ZSS, then it was a waste of a character model and moveset.

And that last sentence, I gotta give you props. Yesterday that seriously p***** me off, along with that spammer posting that Deoxys got onwed vid. I'm still lol'ing that I said I'd 5 stock the next person who did that [online], and get it on vid and put in on youtube as "SSB Brawl: Revenge of Deoxys!" :chuckle:

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
hmm I'm really positive and almost guarantee that you can just hold A before a match starts to play as Zamus when choosing Samus. I think it's sort of obvious, it will be pretty dumb to have a character that can only be used when items are turned on.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
So Zsamus is a final samsh transformation afterwords, just like the first trailor showed us. Makes sense considering most of the other stuff in it had been verified. Being able to toss the discaeded armour around is neat.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Hahahahaha

I'm laughing

you're all pathetic (well, the disappointed ones)

Wahahahahahaha

user_name

Smash Apprentice
"This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!"

@everyone who's surprised:

did you even read through the site before the updates started?

'Twould be cool if Zamus also had her own char slot, but you had to unlock her, and her FS did the opposite.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Or, y'know, You could just wait and see if holding A before the match starts will work the same as it did with Sheik instead of jumping to such conclusions. ZS Samus and Sheik seem similar anyway. :ohwell:
I'm hoping your right, but I'm nervous it will be so. I don't use Samus or plan on using ZSS, but you never know. IF I was told 2 years before I started maining Link I'd main Link I would lol so hard, and same thing with Fox (both in Melee), and Mario (in SSB64). Plus it's a waste of a character, that could have gone to a valueable spot. Then again, we'll have to wait and see.

Black/Light

Smash Master
WOOOWW. . . You people seem pissed.

Im sure theres another way to get her seeing as Smash Balls are rare and only like one pre fight (Character selection screen anyone).

gnosis

Smash Lord
To all those freaking out about Sakurai's incompetence, boycotters, etc.:

You guys are whiney, over-reacting babies right now.

Why the hell do you assume that this puts the nail in the coffin for Zamus?

I've maintained since the start, and have always thought it obvious, that the FS would be the way to change into Samus via Zamus, the move would be irreversible, but there would still be a Sheik-styled access method of holding A to start as Zamus.

Tell me how that method is a) unlikely, or b) an insult to the tournament scene in any way. For all intents and purposes, in tournament, Zamus and Samus will be separate characters. Which is what most of you wanted anyway, right?

Now, if that doesn't happen, that -would- suck. But so far there's no reason to assume other wise, and I'd say my prediction seems quite likely. I'm 1.5 for 3 so far, what with the destructible armor and all, I'd say 2 is semi-confirmed, and the third part is just an obvious thing that has precedence.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
"This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!"

@everyone who's surprised:

did you even read through the site before the updates started?

'Twould be cool if Zamus also had her own char slot, but you had to unlock her, and her FS did the opposite.
QFT man QFT.

he said it all along and we just ignore him.
:ohwell:

KZEZ

Smash Cadet
Even though I was not planning on playing much with Zamus the update was a little disappointing. I sorta find it unlikely that holding a at the start of a match will allow for the transformation but am hoping it does. Nevertheless, brawl seems to be putting a bigger emphasis on items with final smashes, assist trophies, and pokeball expansion so i tend to think. This tends to show increasing importance of the general player in comparison to competitive play but by no means does this call for a boycott of the game.

Florida

イーグランツ
Holy crap! He's trying to get people to actually use items this time around? NOWAI. ONLY NOOBZ0RS WOULD EVER DO THAT.

It's a neat way for a character transformation; it's not something we've seen before. I don't mind this update. Just because the standard tournament rules are item off doesn't mean you can't play with ZSS.
Haha :laugh:
The humour and truth in the first part of your posts makes me want to sig it. Thus, I shall.
I think Sakurai could at least add the "Hold + A" opt before the match starts, just incase no one wants to go through the bullcrap. But I don't mind it... much.

user_name

Smash Apprentice
Well noone is going to use Smash Balls and final smashes in Brawl, so if that is the only way to access ZSS, then it was a waste of a character model and moveset.

And that last sentence, I gotta give you props. Yesterday that seriously p***** me off, along with that spammer posting that Deoxys got onwed vid. I'm still lol'ing that I said I'd 5 stock the next person who did that [online], and get it on vid and put in on youtube as "SSB Brawl: Revenge of Deoxys!" :chuckle:
If you can toggle exploding creates, barrels, and capsules, FS balls (as well as every other item) may very well be legal.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
QFT man QFT.

he said it all along and we just ignore him.
:ohwell:
I thought it was a reference to Metroid Zero Mission, where is says something similar when Samus is jsut left with her whip/gun and in her Zero Suit. So I thought it was a reference, not some wierd thing like this....

@ user name
The only items I'll use our beam swords, fans, proxy mines, the flipper (maybe), and the bumper. To heck with the rest, they are basically all useless or cheap. But other then that random ranting, you are right. The explosive barrells killed it. It should only be the items I listed above. :)

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
As I said elsewhere, this adds another layer of strategy to Samus/ZS Samus that I was hoping to see.

I expect all Final Smashes will come with their own price(for most, probably just being stunned or 'weakened' or somesuch for a short period of time), Samus is no exception, being stripped of her armor and likely being much lighter, weaker, and easier to KO as payment for being able to KO all of her opponents at once, instantly.

I applaud this decision, as it makes me no longer worry that we were going to lose one of Samus's B moves so she could 'transform'.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, I'm sure Zero Suit Samus will be fine once they confirm Smash Balls as a non-disableable item.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Wow, so many people with high blood pressure o_O

I find this update great, and I already was aware that Samus' final smash was going to be the ginormous lazer that turned her into Zamus. I think my favorite part of the update is knowing that you can throw Samus' armor around, YES! Awesome!

Who knows, maybe Sakurai eliminated exploding crates and barrels in Smash, maybe he's making the items more fair. I think the tournament community should learn to play with items.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Lets see, I'm not very surprised, but I am VERY relieved, Sakurai never said ANYTHING about a HoldA transformation, so you can't deconfirm ZSS, YET. I'm looking at the stage, it's awesome...

TOMORROWS UPDATE: ZSS BIO.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow, so many people with high blood pressure o_O

I find this update great, and I already was aware that Samus' final smash was going to be the ginormous lazer that turned her into Zamus. I think my favorite part of the update is knowing that you can throw Samus' armor around, YES! Awesome!

Who knows, maybe Sakurai eliminated exploding crates and barrels in Smash, maybe he's making the items more fair. I think the tournament community should learn to play with items.
I think the explosive thing will be a item.

Also, since ZSS/Samus will probably be transformable, I say dang it. Now more unfair mindgames like Shiek/Zelda. Another thing to hate...I can't stop hating the updates this week, lol! XD Yoshi c'mon, stop the spree...:urg:

Betaz

Smash Ace
well now that everyone has got that out...
tis a good update as long as you can transform at the beggining *goes to check out the stage Salaad was talking about*

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Note Z-sam still lacks a character box... wonder why...

(that is sarcasm, I'm not wondering I'm pointing out that she isn't a solo character addition.)

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
You win,period.
LOL.

I'm thinking that also. I don't know why anyone should freak out right now. :confused:
Maybe Zamus's final smash is to get her armor back?
I can see it now.....

Zamus' final smash: Boob Flash!!

Self-explanatory. Zamus quickly flashes her boobs to everyone on screen, causing all male players to go Skeet Skeet Skeet, causing a flood of you-know-what in the stage . Female players with secrets
(Zelda)
get wet, and slip, and land ond their ***** causing great damage to their buttocks. Due to this happening, the improbability drive will cause all of the Power Suit pieces to join around Zamus' body. I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL LOL!

/updated mah 9000 parody.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can see it now.....

Zamus' final smash: Boob Flash!!

Self-explanatory. Zamus quickly flashes her boobs to everyone on screen, causing all male players to go Skeet Skeet Skeet, causing a flood of you-know-what in the stage . Female players with secrets
Zelda
get wet, and slip, causing great damage to their buttocks. Due to this happening, the improbability drive will cause all of the Power Suit pieces to join around Zamus' body. I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL LOL!
LOL, Link's eyes and Mario's eyes pop out, LMFAO! WAt would the uh...younger characters (Ness, WW/YLink) do=??? That would be funny, definitely sig worthy! That would be pretty funny, Samus showing her bad a** side! :laugh:

Edit: Y34, that was so hilarious I changed it to my sig at our clan's site, lol! XD Nice!

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm surprised that so many people are surprised... it's been pretty much confirmed since the first trailer for Brawl. I think a method for starting as her (like holding A) is fairly likely, considering how many screenshots she's been featured in. Are we to assume that Samus has always been lucky enough to get the FS in all of those matches? Or maybe they appear more frequently than has been assumed (just limited to one use per player). I'm still not convinced that they follow traditional item rules (or even count as an item).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^

um what about animals/nonhuman things ect. (Pikachu,Jiggs)
They slip....obviously. They aren't exaclty attracted to Samus (hint: They aren't the same species!). Bowser and DK would be the only exception...Everyone slips and breaks their back, cept Mewtwo cause he floats! XD

@ Kujirudo
LMFAO Hilarious! Didn't you hear though...Mario turns into Pichu as his Final Smash, LOL! XD

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
No, it just proves that/ Sakurai doesn't give a flying squirrel about what this community thinks is right and wants. He's making the game the way he wants. That oughta hurt some egos.
Quoted for the truth,and to add to that.Sakurai was probably told to aim for simplexity this time around due to the Wii fan/user base.All starting with the whole "A" for standard combo right down to the item freenzy feature to get the majority of mainstream gamers into the game,equaling more $$ coming this hoilday season than if it was only made for the hardcore,what basically alienated the GC from the more populated mainstream players to begin with.At this point with Wii,I doubt they wanna stop the success,you know,just like Pringles? :) :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom