• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Good choice for an assist character. Dr. Wright didn't have enough on his own to be a playable character but now he gets to be represented in the game. Can't wait to see more of these guys.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
This was worse than that how to play update we got yesterday, his powers don't look interesting at all.
WHAT!? He can send people rocketing into the sky with a TOWER,how is that not awesome?(God,I NEVER thought I'd that about a guy with green hair and a Hitlet Mustache)

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
E3 is just around the corner. Is anyone going to watch it through G4? I know I will.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
People are always going to find something to complain about. Especially since they probably check up on a new update every day and probably stay up until (if your in the states, 12 am(midnight) on west coast, 3 am on the east coast) the update is up then get grumpy because they stayed up late for a not-so-epic update.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I have cable, but I don't have G4 and it bothers me!!

I'm going to try watching it on Gamespot. IGN is making the streaming Insider-only, boo on them. I'm gonna miss the very start of the press conference though cuz I have a summer class.

Anyway, I'm going to try to get the audio only for the Nintendo press conference for use on The DOJO, but does anyone want to help back me up in case something goes wrong? Audacity should work fine, if you need help with doing so. Thanks!

Croco

Smash Lord
this update took me by surprise. i don't think anyone forsaw that this was going to happen, let alone Dr. Wright having ANY inclusion (well other than a trophy like in melee)
I DID! lol
I knew Dr. Wright would be in brawl in some shape or form.

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
Tonight is jsut the preview show and microsoft. I was surfing the tv guide and those are the ones on tonight. Eh, not an XBox fan.. not gonna watch.
I'm also not a fan of microsoft. But E3 is E3 and whatever they show tonight, I'm gonna watch it. :)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
That's the spirit. I mean, if theres nothing else on while I'm killing time till HP:OOTP at midnight, I may check it out, but I only really care about the nintendo stuff. Gears and Halo can bite it! XD

I

i8waffles612

Dr. Wright. lol

Well, I guess Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the kind of game where anyone can show up and anything can happen!
Lol this just made me think Sonic is most likely gonna be in Brawl

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I really could care less, a character is a character, how ever I wouldn't mind Sonic. As far as the update (WHICH THIS TOPIC IS ACTUALLY ABOUT, I usually don't post here because it's always off topic like it is now!) I was predicting an AT today, which is kinda cool to look at, but we didn't even get that many cool shots in terms of levels. And again,, an AT is just gonna be another banned item.

burrito

Smash Lord
I find it interesting that Dr.Wright uses the smash symbol. This means that whole series can be unconfirmed or confirmed for playable characters by assist trophies.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
My crazy guesses..
1. Ridley won't be playable in normal multiplay.. he will be a mini boss, a AT, and he will be playable in a new extra Boss Play Mode.
2. There will be a SimCity stage where the characters are Godzilla sized.
3. Animal Crossing's K.K. Slider will be a AT which is useless.. He only plays his guitar. His effect turns off the music for a certain time period while he plays a random song. "Totaka's Song" will be allot like Mew appearing rarely in Melee.
4. Master Hand will use a paint brush and fly swatter in parts of the final battle as a new attack from Mario Paint.
5. There will be 3rd party items and ATs.
6. There will be a Zelda: OOT themed stage. My guess will be either a combination of all the areas from OOT or a remix of the Hyrule Castle n64 stage.
7. To get more ATs you need to c
ollect AT trophies for the trophy gallery.
8. There will be a gameboy stage which plays allot like the game and watch stage. The stage environment changes like the Pokemon Stadium stage.
9. The Duck Hunt Dog will be either a AT or Playable character.
10. Expect to see Hanafuda playing cards in some shape or form.. (Master hand might throw these.)
11. Tetris blocks will be a AT.
12. There will be more special unlockable normal trophies if you own a 1st or 2nd party Nintendo Wii/Virtual Console game.
13. Mii's will be playable and ATs.. and will have their own stage.
Those are all really clever, especially the 3rd one. Good stuff.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
I noticed in November that most of these new characters were trophies in Melee. Has anyone else noticed this? I get the feeling that Nintendo knew EXACTLY who would be in Brawl before even Melee was released.

EDIT: Where the hell does it say that on the page, other then in 6 point font in the links at the bottom? Bah, ether way, lame character.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
WHAT THE H*LL?! Dr. Wright!? Holy sh*t, now I feel like throwing sim city CDs into my microwave. That update better be a joke, or someone's going to be force-fed some napalm. I'm never ever using that character, and I swear, if he ends up beeing top tier, so I have to put up with cities up my *** every couple of matches, I will NOT be happy.
I don't think Assist Trophy characters are going to be included in the Brawl tier list.

EDIT: Bah, GreenMamba beat me to it.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
You know, that's a good point. I hadn't even considered all of the ******* who might take these AT updates as actual characters. I can already see myself talking to GameStop employees while they tell me Hammer Bro and Dr. Wright are confirmed playables...

It's going to be a long couple of months.

~Dac

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Aw man I missed an AT/Character mixup-meltdown! Shoot, I love telling people they're jsut AT's. What a bad character he would be though, if you think about it. You could have sky scrapers pop out from the ground or any other angle and he could...I don't know, raise the rent on your appartment or something? Sounds like top tier if he was a character to me. Maybe next iteration of smash bros XD

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I honestly don't think that E3 will affect the updates. For all we know, they are already archived, and prepared, and every night they just post the next in line.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Especially with so many character suggestions that have the transformation move, though I assume at least only 1 character will have that, if not, no one.
dont worry to much if samus does turn into zamus by any mean i'm sure they will ad the hold button cheat thing before a match like they did with zelda and sheik

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
The Samus/Zamus transformation question has become such a quagmire, it's actually become the update I'm most looking forward to.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
The Samus/Zamus transformation question has become such a quagmire, it's actually become the update I'm most looking forward to.
At this point I'm seriously under the impression that Samus and Zamus will be two independently unique characters...

But we'll see what's revealed on the Smash site and at E3.

~Old Man Nintendo

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
Tommorow at 9:00. But it depends what time zone you're in. If you're pacific you'll see it a 9:00. Mountain time sees it at 10:00. Central 11:00 and Eastern is 12:00.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Ahhh so it did start here! I thought so. I've only waited for two or three of the updates so I probably missed that. I'll be up tonight and tomorrow for the updates.

burrito

Smash Lord
I don't think that Sakurai actually realizes that he has mislead people into believing that Samus and Zamus are the same characters, IMO. So, I doubt we will get a confirmation that they are seperate characters anytime soon. Since there is no reason for Sakurai to unconfirm something that he doesn't even know about. It probably won't be definitely confirmed that Samus and Zamus are seperate selectable characters until we see the character select screen.

It is possible that he might say something during the Zamus update that confirms them as seperate characters un-purposely, though.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Ahhh so it did start here! I thought so. I've only waited for two or three of the updates so I probably missed that. I'll be up tonight and tomorrow for the updates.
Blackadder, Fanewgie, Salaad,Got Blood?,TakDragon7,Cless-Mint,DonkeySmasher,and Chibirobo(That me,and I'm the newest)

On Topic:I think hoping for Music for the updates is futile now.I think it will omstly be characters up until E3.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
well E3 is tomorrow also the time between zelda and bowser was six updates even though Sakurai has no pattern tomorrow will be six updates after bowser

we could always hope:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom