• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croco

Smash Lord
No you die, Sakurai ios just going 900% mindgame on everyone, lol! :chuckle: No one in a f***** billion years saw that coming, now that is awsome! Way to go Sakurai, another random update! Keep aiming at that dartboard with ur bad aim, lol! XD
I saw it coming.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
This just proves that anyone from the Sims franchise won't be a playable character (as if you didn't all ready knew that)

Notice the smash bros symbol?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, until the end of time, a mustache style is inescapably tied to a single person? Maybe if you didn't have killing Jews on your minds all the time, you wouldn't automatically think "Hitler" at the sight of facial hair.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Am I the only one happy about this update=??? Seriously, it confirmed that the Dr. Wright would not be a waste of a original slot playable character. That is something we call all rejoice about! :) ;) :p

Croco

Smash Lord
Am I the only one happy about this update=??? Seriously, it confirmed that the Dr. Wright would not be a waste of a original slot playable character. That is something we call all rejoice about! :) ;) :p
I'm happy..
I was praying for Dr. Wright to make it in some form or another. I wanted to see him in action.. and my wish was granted.

Now that Dr. Wright is a AT.
That really really means many other obscure characters might make appearances like this.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i'm happy too JK1. i felt he deserved an appearance but not a slot. these ATs are really useful

Xanderous

Smash Lord
So, until the end of time, a mustache style is inescapably tied to a single person? Maybe if you didn't have killing Jews on your minds all the time, you wouldn't automatically think "Hitler" at the sight of facial hair.
NAZI SYMPATHIZER!!!

Boys, deal with him!

more importantly, why is wright's mustache not green?

Croco

Smash Lord
Well you have foreignsight, so you don't count, lol! :chuckle: Don't spoil who doesn't make it into Brawl, lol! :laugh: :p
My crazy guesses..
1. Ridley won't be playable in normal multiplay.. he will be a mini boss, a AT, and he will be playable in a new extra Boss Play Mode.
2. There will be a SimCity stage where the characters are Godzilla sized.
3. Animal Crossing's K.K. Slider will be a AT which is useless.. He only plays his guitar. His effect turns off the music for a certain time period while he plays a random song. "Totaka's Song" will be allot like Mew appearing rarely in Melee.
4. Master Hand will use a paint brush and fly swatter in parts of the final battle as a new attack from Mario Paint.
5. There will be 3rd party items and ATs.
6. There will be a Zelda: OOT themed stage. My guess will be either a combination of all the areas from OOT or a remix of the Hyrule Castle n64 stage.
7. To get more ATs you need to c
ollect AT trophies for the trophy gallery.
8. There will be a gameboy stage which plays allot like the game and watch stage. The stage environment changes like the Pokemon Stadium stage.
9. The Duck Hunt Dog will be either a AT or Playable character.
10. Expect to see Hanafuda playing cards in some shape or form.. (Master hand might throw these.)
11. Tetris blocks will be a AT.
12. There will be more special unlockable normal trophies if you own a 1st or 2nd party Nintendo Wii/Virtual Console game.
13. Mii's will be playable and ATs.. and will have their own stage.

Betaz

Smash Ace
My crazy guesses..
1. Ridley won't be playable in normal multiplay.. he will be a mini boss, a AT, and he will be playable in a new extra Boss Play Mode.
4. Master Hand will use a paint brush and fly swatter in parts of the final battle as a new attack from Mario Paint.
7. To get more ATs you need to collect AT trophies for the trophy gallery.
10. Expect to see Hanafuda playing cards in some shape or form.. (Master hand might throw these.)
I love these ideas (Especially the hanafuda cards, Mario paint master hand moves, and the Boss Play Mode)... sigh if only i could see into the future:p
however i would like to see ridley as a playable character(i am a metroid fanatic...(*it was the first game i ever played))

In fact i would like to see a metroid as an AT that would drain health and give it to you
and if your samus would give you the hyper beam
(Super Metroid)

Croco

Smash Lord
I love these ideas (Especially the hanafuda cards, Mario paint master hand moves, and the Boss Play Mode)... sigh if only i could see into the future:p
however i would like to see ridley as a playable character(i am a metroid fanatic...(*it was the first game i ever played))

In fact i would like to see a metroid as an AT that would drain health and give it to you
and if your samus would give you the hyper beam
(Super Metroid)
Yeah.. it would have to the be the SUPER METROID..

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Somehow I did expect a new unconfirmed character (assist or not), but WILL EFFIN' WRIGHT?!

Or, at least a character based on him?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hmmmm.
After I nicked of in annoyance (**** hitl-errm, write).
But after thinking about it, it does mean he isn't a playable character.
Which is **** good.

Croco

Smash Lord
ok here is more of my crazy predictions.. :)

3. Animal Crossing's K.K. Slider will be a AT which is useless.. He only plays his guitar. His effect turns off the music for a certain time period while he plays a random song. "Totaka's Song" will be allot like Mew appearing rarely in Melee.
5. There will be 3rd party items and ATs.
6. There will be a Zelda: OOT themed stage. My guess will be either a combination of all the areas from OOT or a remix of the Hyrule Castle n64 stage.
7. To get more ATs you need to c
ollect AT trophies for the trophy gallery.
8. There will be a gameboy stage which plays allot like the game and watch stage. The stage environment changes like the Pokemon Stadium stage.
9. The Duck Hunt Dog will be either a AT or Playable character.
12. There will be more special unlockable normal trophies if you own a 1st or 2nd party Nintendo Wii/Virtual Console game.
13. Mii's will be playable and ATs.. and will have their own stage.
14. Super Mario Land & Super Mario Land 2 will be in Brawl in some shape or form.. (Item, Map etc.)
15. One or more of the stages will take place on a Nintendo console or handheld.
16. There will be a Wii themed stage. If players have a SD memory card with photos in the system.. the photos flash up on the screen in the backround or in the environment.
17. Mike Jones from StarTropics will be playable or a AT.
18. Wart from SMB2 will be a AT. His effect is his vegetable organ from SMB2 which spews vegetables all over the stage.
19. Even if a character from a game series isn't playable, it doesn't mean a themed stage from those games won't be playable. For example.. (Animal Crossing or Pikmin)
20. Expect more boss fights.
21. All N64 stages will be unlockable.

Croco

Smash Lord
You really think so, or you're just really hoping so?

I mean, I really want him in too, but he's from an NA-only release... I'm just hoping for an AT of him now...
It's only a prediction.
Think of it this way..
If 'Stafy' is made playable.. then Mike Jones can get in also.
Though if both are ATs.. It wouldn't bug me.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
Wow... so many memories from my first SimCity game come flooding in... Better grab a floatie! :laugh:

This is one helluva surprise!! I never thought I'd see that green-haired tutor again, let alone as an assist character! His move is very appropriate, funny as hell (it screams "the original SimCity," where there was no construction phase - buildings simply appeared), and from the looks of it very powerful.

I mean come on, you're being hit by three skyscrapers that ream you instantly from underground! I hope that deals 30% damage if caught by the center skyscraper. :grin:

~Old Man Nintendo

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Wow... so many memories from my first SimCity game come flooding in... Better grab a floatie! :laugh:

This is one helluva surprise!! I never thought I'd see that green-haired tutor again, let alone as an assist character! His move is very appropriate, funny as hell (it screams "the original SimCity," where there was no construction phase - buildings simply appeared), and from the looks of it very powerful.

I mean come on, you're being hit by three skyscrapers that ream you instantly from underground! I hope that deals 30% damage if caught by the center skyscraper. :grin:

~Old Man Nintendo

Rofl!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Nice, since we aren't getting any characters now, it means Sakurai is saving them up for E3. Thank god we didn't get Sonic, lol. E3 is tomorrow! :) We better get a release date.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Dr. Wright has been unconfirmed as a playable character. Great. We got more room for better contenders.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm glad I won't have to ride a Razor scooter on the highway like I had wagered. I knew Sonic wouldn't be revealed last night.

Croco

Smash Lord
I'm glad I won't have to ride a Razor scooter on the highway like I had wagered. I knew Sonic wouldn't be revealed last night.
I can't understand why anyone would think Sonic would be revealed today?
Tomorrow is the Nintendo Press Conference..
I'm not going to be surprised if Sonic doesn't make it in Brawl.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
All I'll say in the matter, is he has just as much a chance as anyone, but I'm not arrogant enough to say I can read Sakurai to the point where I know he'll be in. He's got a shot.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This was worse than that how to play update we got yesterday, his powers don't look interesting at all.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I saw that, I had a few different reactions: 1.I freaked how when I saw Dr.Wright praying to godd he wasn't a PC,and then I felt better once I saw the yellow character strip. 2.Excited because this shows how ANYONE could show up on Brawl's battlefield some way or another!

Also,it seems the we can assame that the weirdest and most unsuspected AT's will probably be the best ones(Ex:Dr.Wright sending everyone into the air with a TOWER).Another thing: If all of your opponents are spread out,will the Good Doctor send out multiple towers after them or just one after one person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom