• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfenLegend

Smash Apprentice
"Oh, siiiii" Sounds like an Italian woman moaning with pleasure. Well, if you look at it the wrong way. I know, I have a sick mind.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
"Oh, siiiii" Sounds like an Italian woman moaning with pleasure. Well, if you look at it the wrong way. I know, I have a sick mind.

lmao yeah u do. but the update was bad-ish. it wasnt that bad i mean this could be a good week with some really good updates considering this one was kinda eh..

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
One thing made this update for me:

Hey ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya

I'd love to know where Sakurai gets his caption ideas from

Blackadder

Smash Master
From this update, we get that Fox has a much longer reach then Melee(an estimate says in melee his foot only went out to the beggining of his knee pad)

And Metaknight is broken.
Metaknight broken?
We don't know that for sure at all.
If the game is going to more balanced as Sakurai said, then other characters should have similer counters to his extreemly fast moves.

Jumanji

Smash Cadet
"The game will be compatible with a variety of controllers, so I’ve gone a tad easier on the button pressing."

YAY, Hopefully PTP will be possible for my slow fingers.

If I am correct on my spanish metaknight says "Take it, Take it, Take it" and that is alot dirtier than the italian "Oh,sii." Wait.. Maybe it is "Take that, Take that, Take that"

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
LOL, if you just read all the comments that where created after the update you actually see how we much we depend on them. Is the update good? We're all in a good mood. Is it bad? Ppl start arguing right away :p pretty funny actually...

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
lmao it's funny how alot of people on here were really excited because they thought Monday = awsome update and when the site actually updated everyone was like "wtf" but that's Sakurai for ya...=P

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Metaknight sounds awesome with his A. I bet it's going to be super DI-able, though.

Also, HEY YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA! is PURE AND EPIC WIN!

Blackadder

Smash Master
Well, as I have stated before, keep your hopes low, and you will be pleasently suprised, or at least okay with the update.
Keep 'em high, and you set yourself at the mercy of Sakurai!!

Blackadder

Smash Master
He's not bad...
But people say he may be broken. I doubt this is the case, myself.

Also, I'm about to vomit.
...that was off topic, but true.
...too open?

Keku

Smash Apprentice
How the heck would we know if he's broken or not? :D All we know is what we've seen from a couple of measly trailers and screenshots, and a few notices from Sakurai. We couldn't possibly know anything about his Tier-rank, he could be as bad as Kirby was in Melee or he could be like Sheik. It's just stupid to argue about that at this point.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
It was a "meh" update. So I guess Fox for instance will do his first punch forward repeatitly if you hold it, so that could work for combo's, like punch punch 2nd punch kick combo and downsmash. XD

Also, I think tomorrow might be the music update or the Metaknight update (Sakurai will do the exact opposite)

Blackadder

Smash Master
How the heck would we know if he's broken or not? :D All we know is what we've seen from a couple of measly trailers and screenshots, and a few notices from Sakurai. We couldn't possibly know anything about his Tier-rank, he could be as bad as Kirby was in Melee or he could be like Sheik. It's just stupid to argue about that at this point.
Thats exactly what I said.
How can you say he's broken buy one look at him?
But whatever, people are weird.

Any predictions for tuesdays update?

Fawriel

Smash Master
I bet two dollars that Metaknight will be Brawl's Zelda.

Tuesday should be music. We're long overdue for some.
I just wonder why some people are starting to actually hope for music while it used to be one of the most hated types of updates. Huh.

And I hope you didn't make a mess on anything important?

Late edit since I shouldn't post too much unnecessarily since my post count is already dangerously high you know:

I was thinking, maybe this will be a feature that could greatly affect the way you play. Think about it.
When you're holding the shield button while doing something, it will automatically come out at the soonest possible frame.
Maybe the same will now be possible for attacks.
You could already start giving the command for the next attack while performing the current one.
Will this allow people CPU 9-like reflexes?
Personally, this should be awesome.
And if I could still play with father by then he'd complain about hurting fingers less. ^^

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Well, as I have stated before, keep your hopes low, and you will be pleasently suprised, or at least okay with the update.
Keep 'em high, and you set yourself at the mercy of Sakurai!!
yeah just like you did when you kept saying a Music update for today but you get Standard Attacks.

Man, not everyone is gonna get there way there are people who never played Smash who want to play Brawl and Sakurai gives us a How to play section for them.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...Well. Let's just hope this also is a good omen for Wednesday, eh? We could really use some earth-shattering news with this game.

I figured Sakurai would implement something like this, it'd be the easiest thing to do for these kinds of combos. Didn't think he'd make a whole post dedicated to it though...

Hopefully the combos still "run out" at a certain point, cuz if you just keep holding the button down and the combo keeps going and going and going, I don't think there'd be a better definition of BROKEN!

Red Exodus

Smash Master

*Looks back at posts since 3am this morning*
*Remembers the time people wouldn't shut the **** up when a certain person *cough*me*cough* didn't like certain updates*
*Shakes head and walks away.*

NukeA6

Smash Master
So I guess I'm one of the few who thinks this update is good. I always disliked tapping A so much. Made my fingers tired.

Hopefully, Metaknight's update will be this week.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hopefully they will just show Metaknight tomorrow and get it over with already.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Why though? They will probably make a notice on E3 unless we get a double update. I obliviously could be wrong but that is reasonable and I think it will happen.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Good god, last time I checked this topic it was 500 pages, the top of that page too...

I think the update was lame, and that It will affect gameplay (It will)

But it is cool that they kinda slipped in metaknight's rapid attacks, hopefully his update will contain new moves, we know he is in so why waste time talking about his character/rapid moves :)

GenG

Smash Lord
Wait wait, this could mean... that all tapping sequences (like Fox blaster) will be triggered just with holding the button? This may be what Sakurai was talking about before, about "make the game easier to play".

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i can't believe how many people posted, whined, and complained between the time the update started and after an hour had passed. it may not be the best update, but at least it's something. and don't worry E3 is right around the corner.

plus it gives us something new to try. no more of just pressing the button over and over, now you can make your thumb be lazy and just hold it.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
You guys do know that we will get some garbage update tomorrow, they're not going to give us anything big before E3.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I think it was a decent update since it revealed you don't have to rapidly tap A if you want to get a combo going :D Yay for holding the A button

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
This might be a stretch (but i think that nearly everything in this thread is just ridiculous speculation anways) but I wonder if this will have any effect on recoveries, like the IC's over+b or Doc/Mario's down+b. The ICs isnt tought to do, but you have to do some relatively fast tapping in order for Docs down+b to help much. Just a thought

Sjos

Smash Cadet
Maybe the same will now be possible for attacks.
You could already start giving the command for the next attack while performing the current one.
I can see myself shl'ing really fast and then take a 5 minute break for falco to catch up. lol

Stryks

Smash Hero
Pretty weak update, but Im pretty sure why, sakurai will give us pretty weak or mid-awesome updates, and on the days of E3 (I say thursday and friday, doubt on wedsnday) were gonna gte tptal kick *** updates!! Just a feeling XD

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Just so people know, simply holding A will not start the rapid combo, holding A will just make them do their standard jab repretedly. However, if you're hlding A and you make contact, the rapid combo will start. Aternatively, you can just rapidly hit A for the rapid combo.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
With E3 coming, I think this weeks updates are going to be crap. To me, with E3 coming, the updates can be crap. (only this weeks can be, next weeks has got to be good).

JesterBox

Smash Ace
The only thing that was neat was how disgustingly long Fox's legs grow. With giant legs like that my main will be unstoppable

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
LOL you're right. I didn't notice that at first, omg. Those things will hit someone from all the way across a level, lol.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah, a lot of characters stretch during tilts and aerials. It's weird but funny. Pause during an arial in Melee and you might see it. Luigi's bair for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom