• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
To be honest it looks like some of you are looking way too far into this. If we look at the image, Mario is picking up bike as though it were a crate, not as if he was going to hop on and hit and run everyone. And seriously, one move and most of you are clambering to suggest fox and falco dropping their blaster/reflector and other characters picking them up and using them, it's ridiculous!

Just calm your jets, it's just something characters can pick up and throw in the same manner as a crate.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
interesting how wario will work. you don't have to hold down any buttons for the wario waft like i expected, but good call on the naval popping out, that is definetely how we will know when it's ready.

but i'm still wondering how the bike will work out. i mean how will it come onto the stage, can it be destroyed, what use is it when wario gets off...

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
New super combo with Wario:

Charge up wario waft.
Grab opponent.
Down throw.
Release fully charged WW.

Win!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I myself am really not to intrigued my Wario.
I'm always annoyed as his updates.
Same here. I think it's the annoying personality they've given him since Wario Ware. Everytime time I see him I think "eh would have rather had an update about *insert character who is not Wario here*".

Snakz

Smash Ace
The front wheel on his bike is so small, haha

The thing I want to know is do you charge up Wario Waft like you would with DK punch and Samus' charge beam? or do you have to stand in one place to charge it completely?

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
My response after I discovered that today's update was for Wario:

"Where's Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!"

Seriously though, how long before they do Snake's profile?

BentoBox

Smash Master
To be honest it looks like some of you are looking way too far into this. If we look at the image, Mario is picking up bike as though it were a crate, not as if he was going to hop on and hit and run everyone. And seriously, one move and most of you are clambering to suggest fox and falco dropping their blaster/reflector and other characters picking them up and using them, it's ridiculous!

Just calm your jets, it's just something characters can pick up and throw in the same manner as a crate.
Welcome to SWF.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok so im guessing when u use the chopper and u get off, if U want to use that move again, u have to get on the chopper like sakurai mentioned, but if u accidently press side B or something wario will do that "wheres my hog?" looking taunt, so if the chopper is detroyed and u press side B again the chopper appears... thats my 2 cents :p

well cant say im happy, sure the moves are cool, but was expecting something better >.>

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Ok so im guessing when u use the chopper and u get off, if U want to use that move again, u have to get on the chopper like sakurai mentioned, but if u accidently press side B or something wario will do that "wheres my hog?" looking taunt, so if the chopper is detroyed and u press side B again the chopper appears... thats my 2 cents :p
that sounds exactly right. Perhaps you have to press foward b near the dropped chopper to get back on it, which would decrease any problems with accidently grabbing it when you dont want to.

If the bike is throwable, I wonder how much damage it could do? Shouldn't be more powerful than Peach's vegetable...

EDIT: It's also funny how everyone has their own term for the side B move. I always just called it foward B myself, although I kinda like smash B.

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
For the guy asking about Snake:

I think sakurai said that all third party characters were gonna be hidden characters so we probably wont see a profile on them till later, specially the fact that he wasnt in any screens recently.

ndlg

Smash Rookie
CUTE LITTLE POOT? Anything that forms a greenish-brown cloud outside of Wario's butt will never be cute.... EVER.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
It looks like Mario is picking it up maybe you can chuck it at people, man Mario is strong. I wonder if when your riding it you can like "absorb it"

I could see it used in combos by running over someone, quickly jumping off it, pulling off an air move, then grab the bike and chuck it at them.

That fart is going to be pretty funny in serious play

Croco

Smash Lord

well cant say im happy, sure the moves are cool, but was expecting something better >.>
I was expecting his side b to be his signature tackle and slam move..
The bike is a bit too much.. but I guess that is Wario.
Unless his side a is the tackle and slam?

That whole "Bike" move makes me wonder what'll happen to it after a brief period. of time.

His B-move looks like a great potential Edge Gaurd.I wonder what can indicate a full charged fart?(Belly Button?)

For some reason,I can't shake the feeling that someone's going to make a "***** Stole My Bike" YTMND out of that picture. >_>

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I like this update. I can see a clutch fart-splosion in competitive play for the win. I wonder if other players can ride it? Like, it seems to be like the way Link and Peach are able to produce their own items, although any character can take said items and use them at will. And think about the edgehogging possibilities if you can jump off the bike so it drives off the edge, then aerial out of that jump. It'd make a wall.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
doubt it, we would of seen mario riding it instead of lifting it.

i do agree that using b> when the bike is already out, he'll do that "Where's my chopper?" look he does in the pic. i just wonder how it gets on the stage. you think it comes riding in on the sides, Wario grabs the bars and starts riding, or does he just pull it out of his butt?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I am so going to master Wario :p. Wario Waft is awesome.. Can anyone else imagine it being used for edgeguarding with it's gigantic range, or for survival as it shows Wario being boosted high up? I wish they went into more detail about the bike. They didn't really explain what Mario was doing next to it.

burrito

Smash Lord
Where's Wario's tackle? His neutral B move? The Wario chopper is an interesting move. So, I assume you spawn his bike when you first press side B, then once you get off, you have to get on it again to use the move. Then if the bike falls off the side, Wario can spawn the bike again. It sounds a bit awkward.

Actually, it's not that much of a stretch. If you watch the original trailer where Fox was introduced, he had his gun out throughout the whole time, but in all the screens of him we have seen since he doesn't have his gun out. If it were possible that Fox used his gun like an item, then that makes sense. Maybe Fox can lose his blaster? Then again, if that was the case, it probably would have been mentioned in the description of Fox's B moves.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I can't make any assumptions of who I'll be maining to the fullest, but Wario does seem like a really fun character. :)

Now I can make some based-predictions about Wario's other moves:

Dair

Taunt

Dash + A

Fair

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
I say that the name of the fair (if that it is) should be the "taint bomb" b/c wario is definetly shoving his taint in your face in that picture

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Actually, it's not that much of a stretch. If you watch the original trailer where Fox was introduced, he had his gun out throughout the whole time, but in all the screens of him we have seen since he doesn't have his gun out. If it were possible that Fox used his gun like an item, then that makes sense. Maybe Fox can lose his blaster? Then again, if that was the case, it probably would have been mentioned in the description of Fox's B moves.
Taco boy, you do realise they are subject to change? Holding a blaster the whole time effectively cancels the possibility the being able to use that hand, anything up close is resigned to pistol whips. We can deduct it's a change because otherwise his blaster wouldn't be in his holster, also, it would seem a bit much to to make Fox lose his blaster each time they wanted to take a picture.

And what indication at all is there that Fox uses his blaster like an item? It's not just the blaster though, people have referred to the reflector, which is insane.

Green Shell:
- That move as the dair seems a little off, it's not something I'll doubt after seeing the waft as down B but it just wouldn't seem to work as rising dairs, or dairs of such action moving left or right is just really peculiar.
- One labelled taunt could be, but it looks more like part of a weak waft or an idle action, could be though, with the 'raising the roof' action in the video being up-tilt or up-smash etc.
- I think Wario's dash attack is in one of the trailers.
- For that bubble action to be fair seems weird as well. I think up-b maybe nair. As a fair it just seems out of place.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Since Wario has the bike, I think Mach Rider's chances have been lowered (unless he's gonna stay on his motor-bike).

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
This might seem really random, but I'd make a huge bet that wario's Down Arial pops you up in the air like shiek's does now, and then it leads to an U-tilt, which then leads to a fart bomb.. That just seems like a wario combo

And if you can jump off the bike, that would lead to you spiking them, and then running the over, IF running over people does damage, which I doubt

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I know I'm late on this but I just checked up on Friday's update and and I'm glad this will finally end the stupid thought of "wafting is Wario's Final Smash"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom