• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
If it's too annoying in gameplay, I'll send Wario flying, then toss the bike overboard.. heh.
The limitations to the bike also makes me wonder.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Aww **** I'm screwed!

Not only don't I have an update to wake up to in the morning, I don't have an update to look forward to tomorrow either -.-

Oh well, at least it's a decent update...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Wow...that bike looks rather awesome...as does the Wario Waft (suprisingly).

...Guess this means Meta Knight really does have an invisibility move. And the chances of Samus transforming by over charging her charge beam have increased. :o

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
At first I thought the Wario waft was his final smash, maybe it still is. Wario's chopper looks dangerous and painful to get ran over by.
I doubt it's his final smash. I think it was in the trailer simply for comedic effect. Sakurai is more creative than that—he'll find another move for Wario's FS.

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
I'm just curious how long the bike will hang around after he's off of it. If it can be lifted, it can be destroyed- would he get his ability back then, or would he lose it 'til the next life, sort of like the Ice Climbers second climber?
I think it'll be there forever unless it's throwen off the stage. This makes me wonder, does Fox' blaster has an identical lose-thing? Because in some screens the blaster is gone and in others it isn't, it'll probably be able to be thrown away, just like the Wbike

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I dunno about Wario's hog. Depending on how fast it goes, it's priority, it's damage, etc, it could either be really awesome or as useless as Yoshi's Smash B.

Wario Waft? Looks awesome. Might be potentially broken. Did you see the size of that explosion? How long do you have to hold it in for the full explosion? how much damage/knockback does it have? Does eating food speed up the process(note, this is a joke question but it IS food for thought)? Right now, the explosion looks bigger than a fully charged Flare Blade.

I can't WAIT to play Wario. He looks sooo fun.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I actuslly find myself in a position somewhere between apathy and joy.
Wario warft?
Awsome, no matter what you say.
The hog?
..Sounds like Yoshi's smash B.
But, then again, Wario, to me, on th whole sounds boring anyways.
GIVE ME GANON!

Dinivan

Smash Rookie
Hmm. Really?

I can't say that I'm too impressed with the hog special itself -- I guess I can't imagine it as anything but a move with a high start-up and maybe even dismount lag. It's certainly not what I'll be clamoring for when brawl comes out.

Celsco suggested an interesting notion, though: The update may well indicate the presence of additional 'stealable', item/weapon-based specials. Taking a direct, heavy hit -- or 'smash' as I like to call it -- while performing a special could feasibly cause your character to drop their item, temporarily introducing it into the fray for any and all to use until the said item is disposed of - however that mechanic works. If it got thrown off the stage, for example, you'd probably get use of it again shortly thereafter.

Come now, imagine the satisfaction of knocking the reflector "that most fighters envy" out of fox's grubby little paws when he's trying to reflect your face. It'd stir things up quite a bit, to be certain.

I'm not saying this is the most likely mechanic to emerge, but it could very well be both balanced and entertaining. And &#^*ing crazy. Plus, who here can claim to know what Sakurai's been planning to do with brawl all this time?

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
I actuslly find myself in a position somewhere between apathy and joy.
Wario warft?
Awsome, no matter what you say.
The hog?
..Sounds like Yoshi's smash B.
But, then again, Wario, to me, on th whole sounds boring anyways.
GIVE ME GANON!
AMEN BROTHER!

But seriously, i think this update was pretty awesome. wario waft looks pretty **** crazy. i think the hog is badass aswell. it also said you can jump off the hog while riding by pressing the attack button, just imagine if you can use it like a projectile. you ride it at full speed toward someone then jump off and explodes in someone's face! twood be dope.

keko_keko

Smash Cadet
Imagines driving off the edge of the course in the midst of someone trying to recover only to jump off the motorbike back on stage and have the motorbike sending them plummeting to their death. Awesome.

GenG

Smash Lord
Wario looks sick! The bike is absolutely genius but it may become obsolete after a while. Since I trust in the dev team (experts as they claimed to be), they should give this move enough versatility, like dismounting and the hog keeping its forward trayectory and ramming everybody in the way (even in the the air!), jumping with the hog and of course, and enough power and priority. You can't use it when you can, so it might be something great. I expect it to have enough priority to stop lasers and missiles, so SHLers are screwed.

The <Wario Holocaust> is supreme victory, give it a low startup time and you have an insta-explosion move beyond broken. I can picture combos like grab to fart, or fart out of the shield! How awesome is that?

Rash

Smash Ace
I just have to say that at this rate the game does not seem slanted for 2007. If they are going to tell us the rest of his moves then that will mean another day will pass by for an update. If there are around 40+ characters and Sakurai is releasing data on their movesets by doing 2 updates to the site than the would mean ... 40 * 2 .... 80 days to release all the movesets for every character. This is 3 months and this is not even counting all of the other stuff he has to put up.
Well yeah, but this site isn't just being used as a way for Sakurai to reveal everything early. It's just a general website for information on the game, and he's using it in a way to build hype pre-release. The Dojo is going to be updated every weekday far after the game is actually released until pretty much everything is revealed, and at that point you'll just have a fully informative smash website, and nothing more.

blahisuck

Smash Cadet
I think Wario creates the bike only when you press Smash B, not at the start... but Wario Waft looks hawt! Hope for more Wario updates from Sakurai!

EDIT: If other characters can ride the bike, Wario would be a failure..

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I can't say that I'm too impressed with the hog special itself -- I guess I can't imagine it as anything but a move with a high start-up and maybe even dismount lag. It's certainly not what I'll be clamoring for when brawl comes out.

Celsco suggested an interesting notion, though: The update may well indicate the presence of additional 'stealable', item/weapon-based specials. Taking a direct, heavy hit -- or 'smash' as I like to call it -- while performing a special could feasibly cause your character to drop their item, temporarily introducing it into the fray for any and all to use until the said item is disposed of - however that mechanic works. If it got thrown off the stage, for example, you'd probably get use of it again shortly thereafter.

Come now, imagine the satisfaction of knocking the reflector "that most fighters envy" out of fox's grubby little paws when he's trying to reflect your face. It'd stir things up quite a bit, to be certain.

I'm not saying this is the most likely mechanic to emerge, but it could very well be both balanced and entertaining. And &#^*ing crazy. Plus, who here can claim to know what Sakurai's been planning to do with brawl all this time?

...that would be totally awesome. I love it. Plus the thought of Bowser taking the reflector out of Fox's hands and starting to shine himself is just too funny for words.

Equal-opportunity waveshine FTW! xDD

NukeA6

Smash Master
Ya see? I knew Wario was gonna be unique. Now I can race in some stages!

I wanna know what Wario's Final Smash is.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I love that some people were actually like "you can't trust the trailers for information, or do you really think Wario will use his bike in battle?"

Awesome update. That's one hell of an original side-B. Doesn't matter if it's useful; it opens up possibilities! Along with the possible "slipping" mechanic from the banana peel... moveset possibilities are starting to seem ENDLESS.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Lol, exactly.
FOOLS!
I like to think of this as my backup to Meta actually having that cloacking thing that reflected Pits arrow.
At least I hope he will.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So since Wario Waft isn't his final smash, i wonder what it will really be

Blackadder

Smash Master
Well, judging for what we've seen on Wario, Somthing insane.

Like, I 'unno, Some crazy thing No one but Sakurai can think of!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
phew at least his wario Waft isn't his final smash, hmm.. I wondering what it's gonna be probably something crazy.

I remember hearing Mic say"Wario uses his Motorcycle in the Brawl trailer,but that doesn't mean he uses it as an attack."

He was wrong.:p

I guess in this case,anything could be possible.I liked the update either way.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, not sure how i feel about Wario on his bike, could be awesome (doubt it) or could jsut be another yoshi move. Im curious as to how he will take the bike out. Will he ride in on it, and it stays throughout the game? Will he pull it out of his a**? That should be interesting.

Of course the Wario waft is pretty awesome, I wonder if anything on him will change, showing that his waft is fully charged (a sparkle animation on his a** possibly)?

Sandy

Smash Champion
Interesting how you can interact with some opponent's movesets as if they were items. I wonder how that'll appear with other characters too... There's no way they'll only have that concept come into play for this one thing. I bet they just love showing us merely the tips of icebergs...

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, good call plomid, thanks.
And it would be VERY interesting if you could drop/lose some of your b weapons. I would love to steal falcos laser, shfl him, then beat him to death with the laser. i doubt that it would be that in depth, but it sounds like it would be possible for any character to get on warios bike if he fell off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom