• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukeA6

Smash Master
There may not be any people where I'm at that plays Smash or even have a Wii (all I hear are 360s and PS3s). Online will be my only choice to play against someone.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Solid Sneak, online was confirmed before Sakurai was even put in charge of this game. E3 2005, when they announced the revolution, and also announced the next smash bros., they said it would be online.

plus sakurai has stated that online will be implemented, but no ranking system

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
There may not be any people where I'm at that plays Smash or even have a Wii (all I hear are 360s and PS3s). Online will be my only choice to play against someone.
Yeah, but if online works out good it'll be amazing. Not having to call everybody over anymore, just sitting at home playing against people online. Europe has a release date of September 30th, 2007.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
CBNJ this is the third time I've seen you post Europe's supposed release date on a seperate forum. Where you getting this info?

I don't think anyone is sure yet, so you're not really helping by posting this all over the place.

Unless you're right... But you haven't said where you got this info...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Agreed. This is the kind of thing that'll spread like wild fire and then everyone will be spreading false info, and will poison the minds of every member here, which will in turn, lead to the down fall of SWF. Would you want that on your conscience?

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
CBNJ this is the third time I've seen you post Europe's supposed release date on a seperate forum. Where you getting this info?

I don't think anyone is sure yet, so you're not really helping by posting this all over the place.

Unless you're right... But you haven't said where you got this info...
Europe: September 30, 2007

Right from IGN

http://wii.ign.com/objects/748/748545.html

I doubt they would just blatantly lie like that for no reason.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
actually, it looks like a solid red square, as in no character has been selected yet. you see how samus has her shadow going way out of the square at the top left corner of the 2nd player spot? i think youd see a shadow for the charater in the 1st player slot if there was one there...also, her foot goes below the name. i think that youd see something under the first players name too if there was a character selected.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Lol, okay, were all agreed that IGN sucks arse.

What do you think the update will be today gentlemen?

..(Or ladies, if there are any on the thread)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Lol, okay, were all agreed that IGN sucks arse.

What do you think the update will be today gentlemen?

..(Or ladies, if there are any on the thread)
Really hard to tell, I'm still recovering from when Sakurai fried my ability to predict sometime last week. I just hope it's something good to end the week on.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm hoping for something entertaining to keep us good for the weekend.
Who knows?
Sakurai can do anything.
From showing us the bannana peel, to showing us Zelda.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Zelda wasn't as shocking and ultimate, as it was unpredictable.
Today should be a new character, something to help us sastify over the weekend.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
You know, I'm kinda expecting a newcomer update. Is it just me, or for the last few weeks, we've been getting at least one new veteran profile and at least one new newcomer profile? Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I doubt so.
I feel Sakurai will give us, frankly, crap.
He likes to tease.
So I think it will be a dull update, but who knows?

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I really think it will be a NOTICE.. like when the game will be released or sumtihnng

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually really anxious to see what Ganondorf will look like, they made him look idiotic in TP, so hopefully they don't make it all TOO similar xD

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm actually really anxious to see what Ganondorf will look like, they made him look idiotic in TP, so hopefully they don't make it all TOO similar xD
Most of the reason he looked goofy in TP was because those characters have "Shrek Syndrome". Their arms are extra long and their legs are too short. I imagine he'll be proportioned back out properly, just like Link was, for Brawl.

Edit: I was going to post the pic I drew of Ganondorf a while back for my Smash project, but my host is down. :( Maybe some other time.

I hope they let Ganondorf keep his forward smash from Melee, and give Falcon his old one from 64 or a new one. I just really want Ganondorf to keep that since he even used it in the final fight in TP.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
I am willing to say that today's update will not be a character

it will probably advance one of the characters (final smash or b move)

of course stages are likely since there wasn't one this week so far

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Most of the reason he looked goofy in TP was because those characters have "Shrek Syndrome". Their arms are extra long and their legs are too short. I imagine he'll be proportioned back out properly, just like Link was, for Brawl.

I hope they let Ganondorf keep his forward smash from Melee, and give Falcon his old one from 64 or a new one. I just really want Ganondorf to keep that since he even used it in the final fight in TP.
I didn't have to take a long, descriptive look at Ganondorf to conclude that he didn't look good in Twilight Princess. And I hope you're right, that he is re-done to some matter.
Also, I've never beat the game, so I wouldn't know. But it's just a fitting move for him anywho.

I just want the Ganon update, to see what his new moveset will be. Hope it's still slow and powerful, but revamped to some form.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
I personally liked most of the slow characters in brawl (i'm weird like that)

i think they should make ganandorf a bit faster but not completely revamped

Blackadder

Smash Master
I personally liked most of the slow characters in brawl (i'm weird like that)

i think they should make ganandorf a bit faster but not completely revamped
I can't play light or floaty characters.
I just find them distastful.
But I don't feel Gannon needs a speed boost.
I don't want him revamaped myself.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
o wow nice update. i knew the wario waft was gonna be down b! the side b is really interesting, and it looks like the motorcycle becomes an item if wario gets knocked off or jumps off, is mario lifting it up?? if u can pick it up and throw it, im sure it will be a powerful projectile, and interesting to use in fights for both uses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom