• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i wonder how many peach players will set the A button on the controller to 'c-stick down'???

im assuming that since they kept the 4 letter tags, theyre planning on keeping tags displayed the same way they are now, just for the noobs...i was playing my noob friend yesterday, and i heard a john i havent heard in a long time: 'its too zoomed out, i cant see who i am, i need my name on!'. if they did any more than 4 letters then they probably wouldnt be displaying tags over the characters, most likely by the stock display. but this pretty much confirms the same setup for tags.

although it looks like youll have to go into a seperate menu to even pick your tag, which only happened in melee when someone was entering a new name... and i have to say thats really annoying. but thats just me.

EDIT: nvm about the seperate menu, i was just looking at that shot and noticed it was over the first players character...the pixelated top of the pic made me look closer, lol.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Anyone but aint diggin the bright backgrounds?, I mean I liked melee cause the backgrounds were dark but cool, these bgs seems kinda firendly in a way... meh...

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if i really like this update. Cell phone-like inputs?
It is handy, think of it. U'll probably use the wiimote for menusurfing, imagine how easy it will be to enter a name with phone-like inputs? I don't know if you have wii connect 24 and the test-version of the internetchannel, but if you have you'll notice that it is a pain 2 type with the wii-mote, imagine the phone-like inputs, it would be really nice.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I really hope you're able to disable Jumping with the Control Stick in the configuration options. That tends to throw me off every once and a while.

~Dac

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I really hope you're able to disable Jumping with the Control Stick in the configuration options. That tends to throw me off every once and a while.

~Dac
Agreed. I hope the button configuration will just be like make A do what B does, or make Y do what R does. If you can assign attacks to buttons, the game would be broken. For example, fox's shine is now nuetral a instead of down b, or luigi's c stick down now becomes neutral a. That would mess stuff up.

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. I hope the button configuration will just be like make A do what B does, or make Y do what R does. If you can assign attacks to buttons, the game would be broken. For example, fox's shine is now nuetral a instead of down b, or luigi's c stick down now becomes neutral a. That would mess stuff up.
Why would you think it is like that that just doesn't make sense because you would have to go through every single character if to set them up the way you want every time you create a new name besides if that was in it wouldn't be allowed in tournys.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
If you want to talk what we want custom, I want to disable aerial Raptor Boost. That thing makes me SD all the time.
Aerial raptor boost SD's are the bane of my existence. I just want to get back on the stage so bad, I can help tilting more towards the stage than up. Tragic.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Why would you think it is like that that just doesn't make sense because you would have to go through every single character if to set them up the way you want every time you create a new name besides if that was in it wouldn't be allowed in tournys.
Why wouldn't it be allowed in Tourneys? Odds are, Sakurai will let use put our names (complete with configs) on Wiimotes. Those things are ridiculously light, so each person at the tourney could bring their own Wiimote. Besides, most tourneys are [wiki]BYOC[/wiki].

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
Why wouldn't it be allowed in Tourneys? Odds are, Sakurai will let use put our names (complete with configs) on Wiimotes. Those things are ridiculously light, so each person at the tourney could bring their own Wiimote. Besides, most tourneys are [wiki]BYOC[/wiki].
I meant the thing with each character the button config thing would be fine ofcourse

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Notice how in the first pic, the 'MNO' button is highlighted, but a lowercase letter is being typed? This makes me think that cases aren't an option, but rather the first letter is always capped and the rest lowered. Seems that way with all the names they have inputed. I hope that maybe that refresh looking button does the switch, but the pic just doesn't seem to support it. I'm also fearful about where the others are, like the japanese symbols.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
It may be that the button cycles through case rather than selects it, for example:
M N O m n o
May be numbers in there too as i dont see them. Cycle button may have numbers, other languages etc.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
The ONE thing that will make or break brawl is online play, pure and simple. I think Nintendo knows this, and the reason we are waiting so long with so much still left hidden, is because they havea sweet online mode in the works. Just think of it. E3 comes, and they blow us away with good online mode. It would be perfect. I cannot see Nintendo passing this oppourtunity up!!

It's time for the Wii's online abilities to shine IMO.
lol you are crazy, Smash is all about the partying and the gathering with your friends, online play wont replace that. Online will be fun and whatever, but crew gatherings will continue to go on all around the world, friends meeting up to play weekly/biweekly will continue going on. And every tournament worthy of recognition will continue to be held offline.

Online wont make or break brawl, itll be cool, yes, and we will have fun, but there will still be lag (theres always lag, even if its minuscule), and people will continue to gather for casuals and tournaments.

Online is the ONE thing about brawl im the least excited about, thank god i have friends with which to play some good smash in person :)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
lol you are crazy, Smash is all about the partying and the gathering with your friends, online play wont replace that. Online will be fun and whatever, but crew gatherings will continue to go on all around the world, friends meeting up to play weekly/biweekly will continue going on. And every tournament worthy of recognition will continue to be held offline.

Online wont make or break brawl, itll be cool, yes, and we will have fun, but there will still be lag (theres always lag, even if its minuscule), and people will continue to gather for casuals and tournaments.

Online is the ONE thing about brawl im the least excited about, thank god i have friends with which to play some good smash in person :)
Amen and QFT. Couldn't've said it any better myself.

I wonder what tonight's update will be. Hopefully something great to end the weekend on... I think friday updates are always pretty stellar?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I'm actually really excited about online. That way, I won't have to waste my time fighting computers. Playing any human (especially those on smashboards) is better than playing a computer.
Agree, all of my fellow smashers here in my town live pretty far where I live, so with online I can fight them every day thus gettin better at smash, cause lets face it theres not much u can learn from a CPU

also LET BRAWL HAVE VOICE CHAT!

GenG

Smash Lord
I have friends but they aren't so enthusiast about Smash as I am, so we end playing once each... a month of so, that's why I find online so attractive plus meeting new people and playing with them.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
well these is getting better and better i can't wait untill they give us the screen shot of all the chars the day before the game comes out :)

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I've only attended to one tournament for SSBM in my whole life, and just the feeling of being with others that like the game as much as you, is awesome. Even if I did lose on my first round, to a 10 year old. (he owned).

Online play will be fun and all, but nothing can beat the live gathering.
As for the custom controllers:
Y = Jump
X = Double Jump
Y = Air Dodge

Easy wavedash FTW.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, same. Most tournaments are a few hours away and I don't know anyone else that's going, so I don't bother. Online you could just sign on and play.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
i'd go to a live gathering if i knew more people in the tournament and actually knew WHERE they were. then again, most tournaments are in another state, so that's why i'm glad for online
I think that will be the best part for online for me too, I can't go to tournaments, just too far. So this is very good for me.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
The best part of online, IMO, is the fact that I can get some REAL practice now. I can just pick up some friend codes here or something and have a few fun matches with real people, not just CPUs. I don't go to tournaments almost at all and I since I moved across the world, I don't know anyone nearby who plays.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Chiyo, it's been confirmed.
And online friend codes isn't a problem for me, really. All that anyone needs to do is come here, and give and get.

Online play will be fun and all, I wasn't saying that it wouldn't, but I'd rather go to tournaments if I could... but since I can't, online will be the option. Online access provokes lag, lag, lag, hacking. Not fun.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Aight, nice ****, looks like online mode will help out a lot of you people :).

As long as you guys dont start thinking beating some1 online means anything, its all cool

Thats all im saying, dont get over ur heads with this thing... itll give u guys that know no1 that plays smash some fun, but dont ever start saying "im better than u cuz i beat u online" cuz thats when it starts getting ******** :p, look at the doa4 community if u want to know wut i mean hehe.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
it is a pain 2 type with the wii-mote, imagine the phone-like inputs, it would be really nice.
Didn't think of it like that... Good point.

I agree that friends codes would be perfectly fine. All we have to do is come to the forums and get them and what's more - we will be playing mostly people that know a fair bit about Smash, since we're centering our online competition to people on these forums. We could start a thread where people post friends codes, and then you just go down the list and add who you wish. Then from there it'll show whos online on your Wii, and then (assuming they give us chat and operable communication - headset?) page someone for a game. If it's anything like Metroid Hunters + better chat/communication I'm happy. And Hunter's already has fairly good communication functions for a spin-off handheld game... what we're talking about an actual system, with a major game!

Also, how has online been confirmed?

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Haven't they already said there isn't going to be a ranking system? Or am I just weird?
Yeah, they said most likely no ranking system. But it'll be so nice, playing against real people rather than CPU's all the time. I doubt the lag will be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom