• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

BentoBox

Smash Master
"That's what creates the whole atmosphere of Brawl"

Only because the game isn't out yet and because these boards have a tendency to overhype anything and everything. There are some characters you won't give a **** about once the game is out.

But yeah, I do like playing underdogs with potential. Which explains why I main as luigi atm. But I draw fine lines between unique, goofy and downright stupid. Wario, so far, falls into the latter.

Snake update please.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Man, I hate how some people seem to be interested in only certain characters and the such. I'm interested in all the characters that will appear in Brawl, that's what creates the whole atmosphere of Brawl.

The reason why I like Wario is that he is so goofy, it makes him an extremely unique character. Man, it's the type of character that you would never expect to fight with, but you are, and that's why he is so awesome.
I think so far Wario is unique because of the bike, not because he so goofy, but I like the way he's unique, it's like the Ice Climbers.

burrito

Smash Lord
"That's what creates the whole atmosphere of Brawl"

Only because the game isn't out yet and because these boards have a tendency to overhype anything and everything. There are some characters you won't give a **** about once the game is out.
That's funny, I care about every character in melee. Each one is interesting to me. If you think otherwise, I don't think you truly enjoyed the game to it's fullest.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I only care about the chars I play and play agaisnt. I haven't enjoyed the game to its fullest because I couldn't careless about Pichu? QQ

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
All I'm hoping for is the Ice Climbers and Yoshi, and I'll be happy. But I'll bet any amount of money that you won't like all the characters, there will be a lot of flops.

burrito

Smash Lord
I only care about the chars I play and play agaisnt. I haven't enjoyed the game to its fullest because I couldn't careless about Pichu? QQ
Yes, it's all about the detail and atmosphere to me. I play as a different character, every once in a while, for fun.

I love Mr. G&W.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
G+W's parachute will kick your ***.

I use pretty much every character. Yoshi and Ness least of all because I don't really like their playstyles. I'll probably do the same in Brawl.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
It's fun to get good with your main,but to not appreciate every character for what they're worth,then that's you've taken most of the fun out of the game.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
Meh. Clones go without my regard...except Falco. Characters I find ****ty like Bowser go without my regard. I'm pretty sure Wario will go without my regard in Brawl once the the first experience of Brawl ends and I'm use to it. I even ignore stages, lol. Game stays fun to me.

BentoBox

Smash Master
So I can't dislike a character? You guys don't make any sense, and I'll assure you that I'll have as much fun as you'll have even if I happen to put some characters aside. Our definition of fun isn't the same.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
You guys aren't competitive, that's why. Nothing wrong with that; its just 2 different realities.
Says who?

You can have fun and be competitive at the same time. When I'm messing around with friends, I use everyone. When I'm serious, I stick with Falcon.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Whats going on here?

Theres nothing wrong with playing Competitive play (Like me)
or playing for fun.

There two diffrent styles, there's nothing wrong with either.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Says who?

You can have fun and be competitive at the same time. When I'm messing around with friends, I use everyone. When I'm serious, I stick with Falcon.
I use the same char whether I'm playing with friends or competitively because its the character I feel the most at ease with and have the most -fun- playing. Which also explains why I'm not a tier *****; I simply main as a char with which I enjoy playing SSBM the most. I don't play and dislike Pichu because he simply doesn't suit my playstyle. But according to you guys, I'm not enjoying the game to its fullest because of that? I find that quite ridiculous.

Get your own definition of fun, I'll keep mine.

burrito

Smash Lord
Yes. You can just play competitively, but then I don't believe you are truly enjoying the game completely. It's a waste. Play just for fun sometimes and you might see what you are missing out on.

Blackadder

Smash Master
What the hell is with this?
Come on guys, peace out a little.
Bento, accept there own style of play,
Burrito, accept *his* style.

Come on?
There both fine styles in my books.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I use the same char whether I'm playing with friends or competitively because its the character I feel the most at ease with and have the most -fun- playing. Which also explains why I'm not a tier *****; I simply main as a char with which I enjoy playing SSBM the most. I don't play and dislike Pichu because he simply doesn't suit my playstyle. But according to you guys, I'm not enjoying the game to its fullest because of that? I find that quite ridiculous.

Get your own definition of fun, I'll keep mine.
What's your problem? I'm not one of the people that said you're missing out because you're only playing few characters. All I said is that I use everyone and you're the one that jumped down MY throat saying it's because I don't play competitively.

I'm not a tier *****. I mained Pikachu for years before making the switch.

I know your reply was aimed to others, but don't direct your *****ing towards me. I didn't say anything.

burrito

Smash Lord
What the hell is with this?
Come on guys, peace out a little.
Bento, accept there own style of play,
Burrito, accept *his* style.

Come on?
There both fine styles in my books.
I've accepted his style. I just feel that he is missing out, that's all.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Okay, okay then.

Well, mabye he's getting as much out as he can in competitive play.

and your doing the same in fun play.

So, if everyones happy, whats the big deal?

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
You people act like you can't have just as much fun playin' competitively. Really, leave him alone. If he's wastin' his time playin' competitively, then so be it.

The person who says, "You can't have fun playin' competitively, it's just not fun," licks fat, hairy ***-hole.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Yes well, New topic;
Who thinks well see another character update next in the upcoming week?

I think our next one is well over a few weeks away.
But sakurai may be building up for E3, so we may see another.
What do you guys think?

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised to see a Metaknight update in the next week or two.

I'd be surprised if we saw an update on an unconfirmed character. Then again, I was shocked to see the Zelda update.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
I expect Angel Land this week. And maybe info on crawling. Lol, Meta Knight might be the closer. But...the week openin' updates seem to be the best sometime.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
We should get one last character in the next two weeks, I think. At least one. And since Snake is a hidden character and Zamus is bein' obscured save for a few recent screenshots, that leaves Meta Knight. I noticed that sometimes there are like...themes. Samus with Ridley music, Zelda with Zelda music...uh, did we get Yoshi's Island the same week we got the music? Maybe a little before we get Meta Knight we'll get Halberd. It's a stretch, but possible.

gnosis

Smash Lord
There hasn't been any notable pattern, really. A couple times there's been two updates in a week/row that are related (cracker launcher/moving and shooting, pika and link's final smash, zelda and zelda music, etc.), but not in a way or with enough consistency that makes things predictable.

Blackadder

Smash Master
No, but there are slight patterns.
But as far as I feel, you're probably right.
There just coincidence.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wario is the man! I have to say this has been on of the best updates so far (yea, I realize that I am a wee bit late).

Wario is adding so much to the game (whether you dislike or positively enjoy his new design).

1. His side smash seems like a fixed version of Yoshi's egg and offers a new mechanic (VEHICLES). It seems that Wario can jump off his bike whenever he wants. So Wario is a heavyweight character who has a special that gives him speeeeed.

And with his bike he can run people over or potentially leap off and perform an aerial. The bike seems to have options and I do not think it will be worthless like people are predicting.

So what are the drawbacks? Jumping and attacking from a zooming vehicle can get old if it is spammed. But the bike falls onto the stage if Wario jumps off. So this is what I think can happen if the bike falls on the stage.

a.) Wario cannot pick the bike up. He can only mount himself back on. If there are more then one Wario, then whichever one uses the side smash first will whip out the bike and the others cannot. BUT any Wario can hop onto the forgotten motercyle. (THIS ADDS ANOTHER MECHANIC. SHARED MOVES)

b) Other characters can grab the bike and throw it like an item. Thus they have a powerful took to use against Wario who may have trouble avoiding a chopper hurtiling through the air. Or the characters can toss it off the stage.

2. Now to Wario's farting move. Another new idea brought to the table! A move that grows more powerful if you DONT use it. That is awesome. You are rewarding if you are conserving the move just like you are punished with lower hit percentages if you spam one move.

Not only that, but it seems that a fart held for a long period of time can be used as a recovery tool.

All in all Wario is shaping to be the most unique and greatest character out of the new ones introduced (in my opinion). He offers chaos and unpredictability.

His run is a mix of odd frames that might be useful in an approach. No one can really tell what you are going to do. He seems to crawl backwards unlike the other characters. His fart move can be used at any time with devastating effects during the end of the match (so people will be more cautious as time grows). And he has an alternative approach with his bike which also (I am assuming) gives him speed.

A great battle would be Wario and Marth. Marth's elegance and predictable chain of attacks versus Wario's unorthodox and choatic style of crazy play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom