• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yes well, New topic;
Who thinks well see another character update next in the upcoming week?

I think our next one is well over a few weeks away.
But sakurai may be building up for E3, so we may see another.
What do you guys think?
My best guess has to be either Ridley or Peach, if we don't see a new character then of course we'll have to wait until E3 but I doubt that because we weren't expecting a new character but yet we got Zelda

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
In the run up to E3, I expect to see at least one more returning character profile put up, if not 2 or 3. The Zelda profile update just came out of the blue and it proved to us that Sakurai is willing to show us new character profiles on the site at any time, and it wouldn't surprise me if we saw a Yoshi or DK profile put up next week sometime (then again I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't, Sakurai's updates are so dammed unpredictable its not funny [although it is:laugh:])

OmegaXXII

because he's my main in Melee and is Mario's greatest nemesis so I would'nt be surprised if he made an appearance

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I'm desperately hoping for a final smash next week. It will most likely be kirbys, but with the random B moves shown, I may be wrong.

Also, I reeeeeeeeally thing you guys are looking too deeply into Wario's moves. I dont think the waft will get stronger as you just stand around and do nothing, thats a bit broken. I pictured it like Marth's B move, but with a diffrent range. It would be a little cheap if marth could pull off an instantly charged version of his B move at certain points. Also, I don't think it can be used as recovery for these reasons.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Also, I reeeeeeeeally thing you guys are looking too deeply into Wario's moves. I dont think the waft will get stronger as you just stand around and do nothing, thats a bit broken. I pictured it like Marth's B move, but with a diffrent range. It would be a little cheap if marth could pull off an instantly charged version of his B move at certain points. Also, I don't think it can be used as recovery for these reasons.
Well,if you stop and read at the site,they do say the longer you wait,the more powerful the attack is,which means YOU CAN NOT USE IT AGAIN AFTER THE 1st FULL POWERED BLAST! Its a cycle,and youll have to wait yet again if you want that power version of it.Nothing I see in the move so far screams broken at all,not to mention the fact that its not like the opponent is gonna sit there and let Wario build up the gas.Wario is gonna be a pressure-type character,just like Hugo Andre in Street Fighter 3.The more time you try to run and turtle,the more thats gonna backfire in the long run.And guessing by that,Wario will most likly be in the heavy weighted division,meaning speedy characters will cause him to defend and wait.All Heavy characters IMO should get some powerful but balanced move such as Wario's.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I hope to see some cool stuff this week... I have high expectations for the week leading up to and the week of E3.

I really don't think we'll see anymore newcomers until closer to release. Melee had four newcomers in the beginning roster, it makes sense to me to have Brawl be the same. However I'm expecting to see lots of previously unseen returning veterans and hopefully some new stages. And maybe some final smashes!

OmegaXXII

of course we an expect that and much more like game modes, i've been so impatient about a game mode update like adventure mode which we haven't seen yet but by e3 hopefully we'll finally get a glimse at some of them

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
I bet we'll get some really good stuff this week, hopefully some old returning characters. Oh, and 9 days till E3. :)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah I see this as being a key week, and I bet we can get at least a level we haven't seen in the trailers or a reconfirmed character.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I dread the weekends. It's like waking up Christmas morning and theres nothing under the tree. Two days in a row. But I'm in the process of organizing a tournament so that's fillnig some time in the wait for the update.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I've been meaning to pick up Re4 for the wii, probably jsut going to rent it though, i mean, it was excellent the first two times through on Gc. Is there going to be coverage on G4TV?

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Yes, G4 will be covering this. However, I could care less about them these days. Thankfully, I, along with the majority of the population, have been given the intarwebs. =D

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I've only watched G4 TV once or twice, but I'd like to get E3 news from a wide variety of providers.

Get more oppinions and more details. One group may focus on one aspect but not another. Just want a wide spectrum.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I've been meaning to pick up Re4 for the wii, probably jsut going to rent it though, i mean, it was excellent the first two times through on Gc. Is there going to be coverage on G4TV?
Rent it? Oh no, go out and buy it.

As for E3 they better tell us someing good.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'll trade something in for it since you put it that way... lol. I have about 300 dollars set aside for the big releases on the way, not dipping into that if I can help it since I'm also saving for a new car >_>

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Tommorow, I predict we will recieve an update(s) on either Characters, How To Play,Game Modes, Stages, Items, Music, and/or Notices. (Haha, my prediction can't be wrong this time or can it? *Insert Dramatic Look Prarie Dog*)

Since you all are talking about Re4, I beat and unlocked everything on both the Gamecube and PS2 versions, so is there anything (besides the controlls) that is different or exclusive to the Wii version?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Bah, Monday!
Which meannnsss..
Update time!

...in...7 hours.
I'm thinking since E3 is upcoming, this will be a big update week.
you know, characters (confirmed and unconfirmed) stages, thats stuff.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Tommorow, I predict we will recieve an update(s) on either Characters, How To Play,Game Modes, Stages, Items, Music, and/or Notices. (Haha, my prediction can't be wrong this time or can it? *Insert Dramatic Look Prarie Dog*)

Since you all are talking about Re4, I beat and unlocked everything on both the Gamecube and PS2 versions, so is there anything (besides the controlls) that is different or exclusive to the Wii version?
I know the're nothing more, but controls, but the're that good. I've beat and unlocked everything on the PS2 version, as well, but that 2 years ago. It's good to play it again, with the Wii controls, and one more thing the price is low too.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I know the're nothing more, but controls, but the're that good. I've beat and unlocked everything on the PS2 version, as well, but that 2 years ago. It's good to play it again, with the Wii controls, and one more thing the price is low too.
Are the graphics more like the Gamecube verison or the PS2? Because imo, the gamecube graphics were superior. Actually, i think the Gamecube version was superior to the PS2 in everyway but the replay value.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
what is RE4?

Resident evil 4?
Yes

Are the graphics more like the Gamecube verison or the PS2? Because imo, the gamecube graphics were superior. Actually, i think the Gamecube version was superior to the PS2 in everyway but the replay value.
The gamecube graphics were superior, it's the same with the wii, but ps2 replay value as well. Now i'm sorry about this let's try to get back to topic.

Don't worry, we will find out easy, about the E3 info. :)

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
^^^
kk, thanks.

On topic: Has anybody here confirmed that they are going to E3? I know Eternal phoenix Fire was talking about it, but I don't remember him saying he was actually going to go.

Blackadder

Smash Master
^^^
kk, thanks.

On topic: Has anybody here confirmed that they are going to E3? I know Eternal phoenix Fire was talking about it, but I don't remember him saying he was actually going to go.
He has an invite (along with my house lol, don't ask) but he was torn between if he should go or not.
its all a case of money you see.

Besides him, I don't think anyone else is going.
Its so exclusive nowdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom