• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Well,this update is either going to make or break me.I'm going to see it first thing and I won't have an update for the rest of the day.Come on Sakurai...don't let us down!!!!

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Wow this is a really cool item, so a lot of characters people wanted as playable will prob end up as assist trophy.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hmmmm.
assist trophies.
Interesting.
But Samurai Goro!
A new F-ZERO character, great!

well, kinda.
as a trophy thing

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
interesting update. too bad these are items meaning their banned from tourny play, but its cool. its like a pokeball but for non pokemon. this means that hammer bros and samurai goroh aren't playable characters, and for the record, nintendog isnt lol

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I totally didn't see this coming. Sakurai just loves making as many people happy as humanly possible.

Now for the assist speculation to begin.

Florida

イーグランツ
I thought that Samurai Goroh was a playable character when I saw the update. No matter, Assist Trophies seem like a very nice touch for Brawl. I can't wait to test it out, and see all of the different variety of characters which you can summon.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
is it me or does goroh's graphics look a lot worse than others? his chest is like flat, even with the jacket and shirt, and hes quite polygonal

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
a match with this and pokeballs on very high will get chaotic pretty quickly and we all know that chaos is good for casual fun

yeh tomorrow there will be threads with Chain chomp as assist trophies and such

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
do u think only characters uv gotten trophies of in the game are able to be used as assists? like if you havnt gotten the goroh trophy, he wont appear from an assist trophy?

Blackadder

Smash Master
heyheyhey.
Hold up everyone.
I actually think this may turn on its head.
What if the turn some characters that could be wonderuflly playable into these new trophy things?

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
The boards are about to get hectic.

DEFINITION OF AN ASSIST TROPHIES: 'Pokeballs' for non-pokemon.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Holy Crap sweet update.

Samurai Goroh, Hammer Bros.

Don't think they are playable though by this. "Basically, they’re guest characters separate from Smash’s playable roster!" :(

Captain Falcons pretty much confirmed now.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
do u think only characters uv gotten trophies of in the game are able to be used as assists? like if you havnt gotten the goroh trophy, he wont appear from an assist trophy?
I was thinking the same thing.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Haha, I didn't notice until much later that Goroh is there, too. I thought people were joking.

That's really quite interesting, his model seems worse than those of the major cast, but it's still rather complex. This opens up a TON of possibilities.

Also, Action Replay sales will increase drastically? :p

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
lets hope this doesnt mean some melee characters like shiek will be assist...and they are more like summons becuz pokemon are not all invincible so dont try falcon punching samurai goroh

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Ha ha ha now when i see an update it will be like holy cra... no wait they're just an assist trophy.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I didn't notice until much later that Goroh is there, too. I thought people were joking.

That's really quite interesting, his model seems worse than those of the major cast, but it's still rather complex. This opens up a TON of possibilities.

Also, Action Replay sales will increase drastically? :p
lol so we can control characters like goro? i doubt that code can be made cause only one attack is made for him. there was no control pokemon codes for melee. plus, how would you control a nintendog? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom