• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I don't know if this is new, but in the new nintendog picture at the bottom right corner you can kinda see a way into the castle. Maybe thats how you get inside?

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
maybe

of course having all the trophies as assists would be dumb

out pops mario the assist trophy lol
Don't even joke! :urg:

What if Sonic were an assist character? What if all the top characters we wanted were assist characters? That sounds more like it could fit in the"Sakurai Says" thread...

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
in the nintendog pic, how is kirby up so high? marios in mid jump as it is, and kirby is so freicken high above him! theres no way kirby can get that much higher than mario in melee

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . Meh, at first I was like "LOL, I KNEW he wasn't going to be playable!" but than it hit me. . . .what it my most wanted characters become A-Ts. . . .

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
ElChibo,isnt there a higher platform? So maybe Mario is falling down and Kirby is jumping from the higher platform.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I hope this isn't what they do with Ridley. I think that this has basically allowed them to put the highest rating characters on their poll in the game and the ones below that to a certain point as assist trophies. I can see it now, the site will systematically ruling out character by character rather then showing playable characters. :)

Blackadder

Smash Master
I fear for this update.
I mean, Goro could be a GREAT playable character!
And yes, what if Sonic were to become an "assite"
Or Marth, Or ganondorf, or ANYONE.
Extreemly bad idea, or extreemly cool idea?
Im going for 50/50, depending on who becomes an assistant.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
lol so we can control characters like goro? i doubt that code can be made cause only one attack is made for him. there was no control pokemon codes for melee. plus, how would you control a nintendog? lol
he was saying AR too unlock all the trophies so u can summon allthe assist characters i think

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Really,some of the third parties characters will be assistants. Some of the Main sagas charas will be asistants, we have to deal with it.

Anyways... yoshi is semi-confirmed: enough for me :D

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
The forums crashed for me for a few minutes. Insane activity in this thread. o_o

I'm usually against assuming, but these two updates essentially confirm two things:

1.) The return of Trophies
2.) The return of Captain Falcon

I like the update. The potential for cameos are freaking limitless now. I can't wait to see what they come up with. So many good choices... I could go on for hours.

...and hours.

Edit: Isn't it spelled Goroh? >.>

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
Well with Goroh out of the picture.......Black Shadow anyone?
I personally don't care much, but his chances do increase and he also appeared on Sakurai's poll,in fact he was the only f-zero character on his poll.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone actually predict that an item like this would turn up? Its amazing really, becuase now I think about it its kinda obvious, but an item like this never occured to me at all.
Now all I have to do is jump over to the character forums, settle back with some popcorn and watch the fireworks as everyone asks the question 'will this character be playable or an assist':laugh:
A great update (unless of course, you were desperate for Samurai Gorah to be playable)

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
in the nintendog pic, how is kirby up so high? marios in mid jump as it is, and kirby is so freicken high above him! theres no way kirby can get that much higher than mario in melee
mario could be trying to recover from a fall to his death.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Who cares? At least there's a bigger chance Krystal gets featured.

Or Totakeke.

Or Tingle :p

Blackadder

Smash Master
I don't use items, but thats simply becasue I find them annoying, and unbalencing to the fight...
So I guess I'm not to keen on these things...

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
i dont use items, but this is so awesome just to see ppl in the game that wouldnt be in without them. now those dumb fightless but cool characters like tingle, tom nook, and balloon fighter to be in. Then again, there can also be tons of powerhouses like Goro, such as Dedede (after all meta knights already in so that decreases the chance of him being a full character, though it would be awesome), sheik, midna, zant, some of the bounty hunters from metroid prime hunters, a metroid, and knuckles (if sonic was in it).

believe me, theres no way sonic would be a AT. if they would go through all the trouble for sonic to be in the game, he'd be a full character. ppl like knux (plz be full character) or tails are more likely to be ATs

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
This update couldn't have come at a better time with the recent deduction of 36 playable characters.

blahisuck

Smash Cadet
Might give Melee clones a second life :laugh:
Oh wait. The CF Symbol! Falcon has a high chance to return!

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
.....Assist Trophies!?

Of all the things I was suspecting, this never would have crossed my mind. It's shocking but in a great way. There were so many characters suggested for the game that you knew not all of the could get in and with others people had to stretch to come up with full move sets for some of them. But now they all have another chance.

So far we got Hammer Bros, Goro and Nintendo Dog as ones. it's doubtful any of these are goig to be major characters from the last games or third party ones (unless it's a removed clone). More endless speculation is now required for this and this will effect stuff like roster size! I must read over Sakuri's character nomination list again!

*runs off dramatically to the Bat err Smash Cave *

Also yay for very strong evidence to support Captain Falcon as a returning character.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
darned, goroh isn't playable ;_; I guess that was the first character to suffer the fate of "lawl, he's just going an item" along with hammer bro, even though nobody cares about hammer bro.

I am a freaking religious player of jump ultimate stars, and this is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the assist trophies. they open up an endless realm possiblity now, but at the same time, they also open up an endless realm of devestation (AT ridely!? NUUUUUUUU!!! D: )

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
Wow.

It's like pokeballs for extra characters.

At least this means that Elite Beat Agents have a good chance of showing up in-game in some form or another.

and Otacon maybe?

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
AT Midna?! Noooooo! Aww. I wonder if the AT idea was early in development or whether it was implemented because there were some character models that couldn't be given a moveset and balancing becasue of time constraints....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom