• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm surprised no one has said "Sakurai said Zelda has limited movement! Shiek is confirmed! YAAAAAY!". Anyway this was an awesome update, I have no idea what to expect now.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Sakurai and his team never fail to amaze me. Zelda looks more lifelike than ever. And Sakurai is the master of surprises for pulling this update off.

Zelda seems to be the same as she was. It makes sense that she doesn't have the sword (even though she had it in TP) since she's more of a magic person than a swordswoman. It would be weird to she were with a blade. Because Zelda seems unchanged, I'm sure Sheik will be back.

I wanna see Bowser and Marth. Those guys just have to come back.

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
If Shiek doesn't come back (please let him!!!), I wouldn't be surprised to see Nayru's Love go to Down B, and be replaced with Light Arrows from WW. But I would rather have Shiek.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Let's give some reasons why you people hate Shiek other than "because I dislike her in Melee"?

I can't see why people are complaining about broken characters.It is inevtitable that certain characters to be broken,for it's impossible to completely balance a fighting game.
Well, if we're talking about smash, then why wouldn't my reason be "because i disliked her in melee."

Really, she's one of the only characters besides clones I wouldn't give a crap for if they got das boot. Nerf her, at least. But good god I hate playing against Shieks. Just seeing her in brawl and having to play her again would bring back bad memories. I'll never be the same =/

And it's true, the game is probably impossible to balance. But! This doesn't mean I can't dislike the characters IN MELEE for that. They can be great respected characters in their own series', but in melee. Ugh, the nightmares :(

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't hate Shiek. I hate Peach. Peach made me pick up Shiek there's an extremely long short to this, so it's not a case of "I can't win on my own! COUNTERPICKING FTW!"

Well, if we're talking about smash, then why wouldn't my reason be "because i disliked her in melee."

Really, she's one of the only characters besides clones I wouldn't give a crap for if they got das boot. Nerf her, at least. But good god I hate playing against Shieks. Just seeing her in brawl and having to play her again would bring back bad memories. I'll never be the same =/
Well if you don't want to get *** *****,why don't you just use her?

You can play to win,or you can play for fun,it's your choice.

I think Shiek is fun to play with.Even though she can get some nasty CG's on medium weight characters at low percentages,she's fun to play with.NOt to mention Shiek players are declining(Along with Fox players) because people study her particular match up.

Just play smarter if you want to beat Shiek.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I don't hate Shiek. I hate Peach. Peach made me pick up Shiek there's an extremely long short to this, so it's not a case of "I can't win on my own! COUNTERPICKING FTW!"
My friends saying that every character was completely balanced made me pick up a Marth :D

My poor Ness got ***** to hell some matches by foxes and shieks. I guess it must have just been because I "suck." But... I do better with the Marth for some magical reason. I wonder, I wonder why this is?!?!

Well, I didn't always lose. But I think I had to work my *** off some matches compared to them =/

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Well if you don't want to get *** *****,why don't you just use her?

You can play to win,or you can play for fun,it's your choice.

I think Shiek is fun to play with.Even though she can get some nasty CG's on medium weight characters at low percentages,she's fun to play with.NOt to mention Shiek players are declining(Along with Fox players) because people study her particular match up.

Just play smarter if you want to beat Shiek.
Wasn't *** ***** all the time, just some of the time. You can play both styles just as fine, why would I want to play a game that I didn't want to win? I just like to try to have fun in doing so, and found out quickly that Ness just can't cut it in some matches, so I took up a Marth because
A). I know he's a good tier.
B). I liked his style best after Ness.

I did not have fun playing with a Shiek, so I don't play her. Simple as that. If I'm pissed off playing a character, or not having any fun at all, then I probably wouldn't play the game for very long because I would be bored.

My friends saying that every character was completely balanced made me pick up a Marth :D

My poor Ness got ***** to hell some matches by foxes and shieks. I guess it must have just been because I "suck." But... I do better with the Marth for some magical reason. I wonder, I wonder why this is?!?!

Well, I didn't always lose. But I think I had to work my *** off some matches compared to them =/
Shiek's and Fox's are getting ***** alot lately because of Match ups and character /stage counter picking.

I really don't worry about Shiek's,Fox's,and Falco's anymore.Just play smarter and take advantage of missed techs of tech chase alot.Spacing helps alot as well if you tech chase Fair/Nair/Dash attacks.If they tech towards you after a F-throw/D-throw,you can grab or use dancing blade.

Yeah,Marth's my main if you couldn't tell. >_>

schep

Smash Cadet
Thank God for Zelda

Even though I was more than sure that Zelda would make an appearance in Brawl, this update brings some great relief to me as a huge fan. I've posted before that Zelda is my favortie character of all the nintendo franchises. I mean come on, what a beauty! I've said before that I have great expectations for Zelda being improved in Brawl. I would love nothing more than to make her my main. Sakurai's statement that she doesn't move very well while not suprising, is still dissapointing. I'm at a loss for why some people are assuming that because Zelda doesn't move well Sheik has been included. If anything this non mention of her alter ego is a horrible sign for Sheik fans. But I'll be totally cool with it if Zelda is a badass. I'd rather play her than Sheik any day. Fingers crossed die hard fans of the greatest video game beauty ever. (yeah I said it Daisy)

-Y-peace-Y-

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
well there seems to only be one more spot left in the character section!...i guessing its gunna be C.falc but who knows?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Of course you can't completely balance a fighting game, but when you have Mewtwo pitted against Sheik, almost the ONLY means of even attempting to defend himself is shield-grabbing the dashes or f-smashes, as far as I know.
Perfect balance is impossible, and they did a pretty good job in Melee, but some of the comparative match-ups in Smash are just ridiculous.

Unfortunately it is not "fun" to be so limited in your options because of your opponents overwhelming capabilities. =/

EDIT: I'm too slow. *sob*

Wrath`

Smash Master
Zeldas back and blah blah blah.

And unblaenced fighting games are more fun because there is a need for a higher level of stratage

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Wow! I wasn't expecting this update! Zelda looks awesome! Nothing was mention about Shiek, I wonder if she doesn't have that ability anymore.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
interesting that we got a new character update. this might be a result of th efact that E3 is coming around the corner, where there will inevitably be more info. like everybody else and their mom, it does make me wonder if sheik will still be in. if she isnt i wont die though, there will be like 35 different characters to choose from. im just really waiting for E3 for some REAL juicy info...peace

-hiroshi

Rash

Smash Ace
Very unexpected, yet awesome update.

Still, Sakurai is choosing not to mention Shiek, which means either she's out, or she's a completely separate character this time around?

Honestly, as much as I like Shiek I think removing her as a transformation would only benefit Zelda as a fighter. I mean seriously, who uses the "switch" strategy in Melee anyway? You go to Shiek once, you stay Shiek the whole match because she's so much faster and more battle-capable.

I think giving Zelda a Down+B move would balance her out better, and give her more of an advantage than before. As it stands in Melee, Shiek is Zelda's "advantage." I don't like that.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Never finished LoZ: TP but goes Zelda transform into shiek at anytime during the game or do we see anything similar?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hardly.

Sheik was a one-time thing. A disguise used to hide from Ganondorf. Just Zelda with different clothes and eyes and magically suppressed boobies.
TP Zelda spends her time already locked up. If she had any wish to disguise herself so Ganondorf won't find her locked up in that tower, she'd have to hide under her bed.

BED-SHEET ZELDA CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom