• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
We have forgot the most pressing concern - will we be able to see up her dress this time?
Personally I'm wondering whether her legs will magically go through her dress like in Melee, or whether we'll get a course like Icicle Mountain where her dress billows upwards for all the world to see:laugh:

Blackadder

Smash Master
Increased detail in brawl is inevitable.
The dress will blow far more realisticly.
...But then again, thats the detail ins where your interest lies...

VA

Smash Hero
I think we'll get an update on the new PS stage tomorrow, seems likely as we've seen like 1000 shots of it already. ALTHOUGH Sakurai has been giving us so much cool stuff recently who knows what we'll get!

*Runs like f**k*

I bet roy will be put in Brawl over marth anydaaaayyyy
*runs into distance*
I hope that was sarcasm.

Roy was only an advertisment for Fire Emblem 6 for the GBA,and that sold poorly,just as the other GBA Fire Emblems out there.

Marth was the first lord ever,and was in Fire Emblem 3 as well.He even stars in his own anime.He is the lord of all lords.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone think Zelda will have the same moves she has in Melee? Look at the screenshots. In the third one it looks like she's casting Dins Fire, and in the fourth one it looks like she's doing her crouching A move.
Personally I'd want her to have a few new moves thrown into the mix, or at least have her old ones tweaked so that they weren't so dammed reliant on hitting a character dead on.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Now THIS is what I'm talking about with interesting news :D. Finally a new character. I love her look, just like TP yet a little more refined. And, we see two moves.

Looks like an aerial but my knowledge of Zelda is kinda limited so no idea if it really is or not.

The other attack. Her Dtilt which level 9 CPU's always spam to hell. As I said, I lack the knowledge of Zelda in Melee, but is it normal that we see her dress on two sides of her on the ground? I mean, we see that her feet hit Zamus, so wouldn't it be logic that her dress would only fall on the ground at that side?

Who was the one that said Friday gives us the most interesting updates? This is the best start of the week so far.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Aki-toriko said:
In the third one it looks like she's casting Dins Fire
Mmm yeah that's possible. I thought she was in midair because she's falling a little bit to the back. Maybe she just got other movement animations etc. Because if it really is Din's Fire, it sure isn't red anymore.

Well, we might still get an update for Zelda her moveset so maybe Sheik still comes back. If not, what would her Down B changed into?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Possible. But if you suggest that the Light Arrows would be used just like Link's Arrows, than why in the name of the holy lord would you use that if you are able to use Din's Fire which you can control.

Blackadder

Smash Master
@ Poenix from a while ago:
Yes, the Roy comment was sarcasm.

Now, Who wants to see Zeldas final smash?
I'm hoping it will, essentily, just be a huge explosion of sorts.
Just flashy and Zelda-themed.
It would be nice if Shiek is shiek is still in the game, but to me, she was always somthing of an oddity.
She wasnt a protagonist, or even popular part of ocarina, so I was confused with her being in.
Also, with the advent of Zelda being the incarnation from twilight, I have doubts shiek will return.
But we just don't know yet...she could be in, and I generally hope she is.

Fawriel

Smash Master
A giant, Triforce-shaped explosion of light.

Hands up, everyone who beat TP!

And what I forgot to add to my last post:
Zelda will be awesome as long as she gets those B moves... and as long as you can actually hit stuff with her Smashes. Then everything's fine.
Why use Light Arrows if you have Din's Fire? Well, they'd be completely different. Link has three different types of projectiles for different situations.
I could imagine Din's Fire being slow with an explosion that has KO-ability while the Light Arrows are faster and stuff.

PS: Let's try it like this. Give me one reason NOT to hate Sheik.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I asked first!

Yes, I disliked her in Melee.
I hate that her presence ****ed up and overshadowed Zelda, I hate the bleedingly obvious overpoweredness, and so on.
And I hate how people want her to return, because I strongly DOUBT that many people here really liked the character as such.
In Brawl, she'd just take the spot of far more interesting characters and as a transformation again would probably just hinder Zelda once more.

I think that she's awsome because she's that side of Zelda we never knew.

I wish that I knew more of her back ground history about her joining the tribe and all.

So what if Zelda was over shadowed? Zelda sucked.

Just make Zelda better so that they can be used evenly.Having a good Zelda with an already good Shiek would allow a great mix in strategic play.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
I hate that her presence ****ed up and overshadowed Zelda,
I disagree. I think that it added versatility to the character and allowed for more interaction. Besides, it IS Zelda undearneath and Zelda IS a tomboy. And yes, I'm talking about OoT, not Melee. But I like her in Melee as well just because I like her in OoT... And also the speedy ninja thing...

But I am seriously loving the new Zelda look. There will be many skirt-snapshots indeed.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I kinda understand what Fawriel means. I hate the guts out of Luigi. Every game he's in, I hate him. Mario Party, Mario Kart, Melee: All games which screw Mario up because he has that green sidekick who's only advantage is that he can jump high. That's it, for the rest he can't do anything special. I hate it, but I'm sure he'll return in Brawl. However, Sheik does not have a positive ratio of getting back yet people still want her back (like me). And therefor, it's freaking irritating to hear everybody saying 'Ow yeah, we need her back! Brawl wouldn't be complete without her!'.
But yeah Fawriel, live with it. People that want Sheik back are the same people that wan't your main back (whoever that may be (and don't tell me your main is Luigi)).

CasMat

Smash Cadet
I would suggest an awesome magic attack, not shooting some lame arrows.
I don't particularly WANT light arrows, I just expect them.... I mean, come on, they made a whole cutscene for them IIRC, and they would be easy to implement. Plus the fact that Light Arrows are a reccurring "super weapon" in the Zelda series. And they do have their selling point. They are rapid fire homing arrows.

GenG

Smash Lord
This update was epic. Maybe Falcon, DK, Yoshi, Ness or Marth will be revealed through DOJO?

Zelda has a badass look now. This time she feels like winning.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I wouldn't count Sheik out just yet. This update confirms she is out in the same way the metroid music confirms Ridley is in. ;)

Fawriel

Smash Master
I kinda understand what Fawriel means. I hate the guts out of Luigi. Every game he's in, I hate him. Mario Party, Mario Kart, Melee: All games which screw Mario up because he has that green sidekick who's only advantage is that he can jump high. That's it, for the rest he can't do anything special. I hate it, but I'm sure he'll return in Brawl. However, Sheik does not have a positive ratio of getting back yet people still want her back (like me). And therefor, it's freaking irritating to hear everybody saying 'Ow yeah, we need her back! Brawl wouldn't be complete without her!'.
But yeah Fawriel, live with it. People that want Sheik back are the same people that wan't your main back (whoever that may be (and don't tell me your main is Luigi)).
My main is Young Link.
My other main is Luigi.

I guess I understand wanting your main back ( I myself am pushing for a WW Link with a fixed Young Link moveset ).
I hope Zamus will be a good, non-broken replacement.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Not even close Mic. I would say the look update lessens Sheik's chances if anything. It's TP Zelda, and there's no Sheik in TP.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
SHIEK KILLED MY DAD, ***** MY MOM, AND TOOK ALL MY MONEY D:

but anyway, I wasn't particularly excited about zelda, but at least we got a new character confirmation in like, 8 months. hopefully she'll be better this time, and NOT have that evil shiek as her transformation. shiek must die. along with the shine's stun.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, this update came out of nowhere but it rocked!

Does anyone else now see Sakurai trying to build up to E3? A trailer showing off the beginning roster isnt such a bad guess after all. He is zooming through character stuff now, which I am digging!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom