• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What You Didn't Know About Meta Knight's Match-Ups.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah he is, hes just saying in general there are few zss mains.

Like there is only one down here in florida so generally people will have very little mathchup experience vs her.
We have two good ones (Poogach XD) but he isn't old enough to be tourney bound yet.

Anyway, most people suck against ZSS and it's no surprise why. Most untapped character IMO.

Master Raven

Smash Master
ZSS seems to be looking to be a decently-discussed matchup for MK lately. I would really like to see where this matchup heads too.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
vs snake = grab a lot more than usual. easy setups are usually the d-tilt and the instance he trips grab him. the thing you wanna do against snake is just to build small damage. don't rush in as much as you normally would. go for the guarantees such as the 3-hit f-tilt. also when you've got snake off stage you can either go both ways. when snake up+b's just go for an up+b gimp and you'll hit his helli. or you can wait until he's off his little helli and a lot of snakes would come down with a n-air making sure to land with no lag. so basically what you wanna do is use the tornado as soon as he leaves his helli. guaranteed hit no matter what move he throws out. it'll pop him up and you'll fall safely to the stage. also the snakes that like to motar slide a lot, if you can see it fast enough build the damage with tornado. don't try to wait for it or shield. cause snake's upsmash can hit you even if you do shield. so just tornado him and it'll stop him giving him good amounts of damage.

vs olimar = usually playing against olimar is to play really smart. grab him more than he grabs you. don't tornado at all. a lot of the moves olimar uses can **** you. also grabbing you out of it. the best thing to do is to grab him most of the time and try for the gimps. don't get grab no matter what. do not approach with up+b's or anything. he can easily up+smash you and it could cost you the game. use your f-air to just push him away. getting near an olimar can be risky so go for gimps off stage.

vs bowser = the best thing to do is to use your tornados. it's obvious that it ***** bigger characters. also don't try to use your d-air as much for him. as usual go for the d-tilt grabs and use your n-air more. since being up close you can push him away while falling back with it. it mostly works on the bigger characters such as bowser. however don't get grab. n-airs work off stage against bowsers as well. don't try for the d-air cause it usually doesn't beat his up+b, nairs do.

Flayl

Smash Hero
vs bowser = the best thing to do is to use your tornados. it's obvious that it ***** bigger characters. also don't try to use your d-air as much for him.
that's like the complete opposite of what you should do

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
my mistake. i guess i usually never play the "good" bowsers and such. that's how i beat the bowsers i've played against lol.

Ulevo

Smash Master
You don't main MK at all, do you dude? Don't give advice plox lol

Tornado won't kill snake out of his upB. Have you considered BAITING?
DON'T TORNADO OLIMAR? He's only got upB on tornado. How can he grab you if you're in the air...
Spamming nado is only good against Peach and R.O.B., Snake if you're up a stock...

EDIT: Sorry for my attitude. I'm pretty anxious right now.
Um... Olimar can just Pivot Grab you out of Tornado, or use grounded Up B. It isn't difficult to do either. His Shield also holds out really well, and can punish Meta Knight effectively after it ends.

Since when did STOCK I have anything to do with when you should spam a move or not? That's just stupidity.

For the record, Sonic, Pit, Mario and Luigi, are examples of characters that have hard times with Tornado spam. Bigger characters do too if they're not experience on how to break it, but even then they can Shield and punish. Peach, R.O.B. and Snake should have no problems dealing with the Nado. Especially Snake.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lol wow. i'm talking about when snake LEAVES his up b to come down either air-dodge or n-air then you begin your tornado....but alright lol do what you want.

TKD

Smash Lord
Mew2King is only underrating Meta Knight to make a point not to ban him, in case someone out there hasn't realized this to the point of laughter.

*editted all else out

Ulevo

Smash Master
You can't pivot grab someone that's in the air. If you nado from the ground, you become vulnerable to half the moveset of half the cast, so you just don't do that.
You either go low to the ground enough to hit Olimar, which leaves you in range for Up B and Grabs, or you dance above his head, which leaves you open for USmash and Up B. Your choice. You can't argue you both ways at the same time.

I beat DSF by spamming nado each game, only while I was up a stock to shield-poke and make us both blow up by the grenades to add more damage. So yeah, being up a stock counts. If you're not up a stock, I guess you would want to AVOID being damaged, therefore it's not a good gameplan then.
You're a moron. When does a player looking to win ever want to voluntarily damage themselves? It doesn't matter if your three lives ahead, you should be using the means to win that is most effective. Voluntarily taking damage is not. Why the hell does being ahead make it more effective? Just because you have more room for error due to damage and stock difference doesn't mean it's an intelligent thing to do.

The only good this thread has done is made me skeptically decide to try Olimar out against Meta Knight. A good Meta Knight can 2 stock consistently another Meta Knight player, so if Olimar doesn't do that, that's it. It would be proven that this thread definitely makes no sense.
And your threads do? Come on.

For the record, that is a rather faulty and biased margin of error you set for yourself in order to evaluate match ups. Surprise!

Mew2King is only underrating Meta Knight to make a point not to ban him, in case someone out there hasn't realized this to the point of laughter.
That is your assumptions. You know, like everything else that comes out of your mouth? Since when was this relevant anyway?

PS: Mario pops up really quickly out of the tornado and his nair beats it, so he's not one of the examples you were trying to point out. Yes, I missed a couple. That is true.

EDIT nair beats it FROM ABOVE...before people start arguing about THAT.

Stupid as I may be, I make money out of this game.
Marios Bair does not directly beat a confrontation with the Tornado, unless it is on the top. In which case most moves do that anyway. Mario has a had time dealing with it because aside from the Cape, and I believe Coin Jump, he has almost no moves to properly deal with it.

And no one cares if you make money from this game. People actually do care if you're stupid, especially when you're providing them with information.

TKD

Smash Lord
I made my thread after reading this one. The responses I got only made me realize how stupid it is to openly state far from proven matchup odds.

By the way, if MK stays close to the ground, what is Olimar going to do? MK can keep pushing his way in with retreating fairs and walking towards Olimar the rest of the time. Olimar is horrible when above Meta Knight, I don't think it's an even matchup, neither do most MK players, and neither do most Olimar players before reading this and start feeling hopeful.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I made my thread after reading this one. The responses I got only made me realize how stupid it is to openly state far from proven matchup odds.

By the way, if MK stays close to the ground, what is Olimar going to do? MK can keep pushing his way in with retreating fairs and walking towards Olimar the rest of the time. Olimar is horrible when above Meta Knight, I don't think it's an even matchup, neither do most MK players, and neither do most Olimar players before reading this and start feeling hopeful.
First off, Olimar outranges Meta Knight by a significant margin with his moves. Grabs, FSmash, Forward B all have exceptional range. And why did Olimar being above Meta Knight come into play?

I never said this match up was even. I'm just pointing out your bull ****.

TKD

Smash Lord
Olimar outranges most moves of a lot of characters. Hitting his moves makes them stop though. As in, he attempts grab, you attack, his pikmin gets hit.

Not all of it's "bull", even when you don't get it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Olimar outranges most moves of a lot of characters. Hitting his moves makes them stop though. As in, he attempts grab, you attack, his pikmin gets hit.

Not all of it's "bull", even when you don't get it.
You can't attack his pikmin while he's grabbing you. There are only certain attacks that completely separate the pikmin so that they are vulnerable to attack, such as Forward B. Other attacks such as Up B or Grabs cannot be nullified this way. And even if Meta Knight attacks the pikmin, Olimar can attack him out of his lag. Attacking the pikmin makes him vulnerable.

I do understand what you say. The issue here is not my comprehension skills. I read properly and understand your wording entirely. The problem is that your logic is flawed, theorized at best, and entirely wrong half the time. Your match up threads proved that, and I'm sure by the reactions from our fellow members here, they would agree with me.

You have stated, at one point, that:

- Yoshi has an advantage on Meta Knight
- Sheik has an advantage on Meta Knight
- Zelda has an advantage on Meta Knight
- Fox has an advantage on Meta Knight

Meanwhile, you would ignore the factual information and suggestions for characters, such as Snake, that could possibly counter Meta Knight. Instead, you completely replaced it with your own personal opinion. And you conveyed said information as factual.

Here at SWF, we don't care about your illogical, evidence lacking, completely theorized opinion.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
You can't attack his pikmin while he's grabbing you. There are only certain attacks that completely separate the pikmin so that they are vulnerable to attack, such as Forward B. Other attacks such as Up B or Grabs cannot be nullified this way. And even if Meta Knight attacks the pikmin, Olimar can attack him out of his lag. Attacking the pikmin makes him vulnerable.

I do understand what you say. The issue here is not my comprehension skills. I read properly and understand your wording entirely. The problem is that your logic is flawed, theorized at best, and entirely wrong half the time. Your match up threads proved that, and I'm sure by the reactions from our fellow members here, they would agree with me.

You have stated, at one point, that:

- Yoshi has an advantage on Meta Knight
- Sheik has an advantage on Meta Knight
- Zelda has an advantage on Meta Knight
- Fox has an advantage on Meta Knight

Meanwhile, you would ignore the factual information and suggestions for characters, such as Snake, that could possibly counter Meta Knight. Instead, you completely replaced it with your own personal opinion. And you conveyed said information as factual.

Here at SWF, we don't care about your illogical, evidence lacking, completely theorized opinion.
Rofl, just because yoshi can CG a noob player that doesn't know what "DI" means does NOT give him an advantage.
Sheik has one very weak projectile and no range with and of her attacks
zelda is just a spammy character with an annoying but small range
fox...lol...
Funny how he would pick all characters that have ONE thing that works on just about EVERYONE in the same way and he calls it an advantage over mk. MK has NO bad matchups, he is broken, cheap, and a complete badass...if only when he won a mariachi band played silly music...sigh...

Tenki

Smash Hero
I don't follow this thread, but I have a question:

What can MK do to get past Shiek's chain?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Yoshi does not have the advantage. He does better than most other characters though, that's for sure.

so far, my hardest matchup has been snake... I haven't played a good zero suit or olimar in forever though, they're pretty rare around here.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
lol ur an idiot look at vex kasrani play
I'm not accusing anybody, I said it was a stretch. It's not this thread that I'm completely referring too.

Over at the rob board some of us are saying even 70:30 mk.

Did you know Bowser has a grab release CG against MK?
Was this tested with extra inch DI? Even still, what happened to that "Don't get grabbed" you keep throwing at us? It was the reason Ic's never did like many thought they should, but I guess it's ok if MK gets grabbed, nothing you can do about that...

Regardless though, I'm still not convinced. The fact is, nothing has changed. m2k made a thread containing "ways to beat mk" and you know how much new information came out of it/ none. It's the same old stuff we've been doing, but the fact is, we haven't a single solid foundation.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
oh snap bowser has a chaingrab on meta

this is what I get for living in the middle of nowhere, I'm so behind lol

vex you should have come to tgp and played me :( I want to play a bowser so bad now

Mmac

Smash Lord
Where exactly are these mysterious group of Yoshi's that keep proclaiming that we completely destroy MetaKnights? Because I really want to know.

It's funny because all of the Yoshi's I know keep saying that it's Neutral at best, and always has been. Stop going around saying crap for us that none of us are saying at all, and making us look like biased *******s.

Yoshi vs. MetaKnight is neutral. End.

judge!

Smash Ace
i agree. I thought i was one of the few that noticed ZSS is def close to an even matchup with MK. hell if you dont know how to fight a ZSS u WILL get destroyed by a good zss like nothing. snake and oli camping if done right will probebly beat mk. id say olimar has the better chance since u cant really approach olimar. noone else thinks falco is an even matchup. i guess i should just be better at the match then o wellz. m2k better go to the wintergames =) see ya there if u do <3 bloohaha/judge/judgemeow

judge!

Smash Ace
and im still iffy on the whole bowser thing iv only faced 1 ever at a tourney. god i might just have to fly over to u vex and face your bowsa. plus just because bowser is mid tier doesnt mean anything lol. the char doesnt have to be high tier to win for heavons sake.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
what happened to that "Don't get grabbed" you keep throwing at us? It was the reason Ic's never did like many thought they should, but I guess it's ok if MK gets grabbed, nothing you can do about that...
I was just telling you that Bowser has a CG against MK. That "don't get grabbed" I keep throwing at you still applies, but just because they avoid being grabbed doesn't mean that the CG doesn't give you an advantage. ;)

I hope you are joking.
He's serious.

Top Bottom