• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

rockem7

Smash Ace
I'm Casual-Competitive.
I love items for the gimmicks they add to the match.
But I also love playing competitively. If you get destroyed by a Blast Box, that's your own fault.

migas140

Smash Rookie
Casual and competitive-I like the items and chaos, but I also strive to always get better.

PinkishBruno

Smash Rookie
I'd rate my self-efficacy 9/10 = competitive gamer. I slap myself everytime I miss a waveshine, hence my name.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I am fledgling competitive.

I play competitively, but still can't tilt on a whim.

Most of the time when I tilt, I wind up doing a smash.

Tezushi

Smash Rookie
Causual-Competitive Smasher

This thread is pretty flawless. I enjoy to play smash on a daily-basis scale at Melee, but at times I will become competitive on how accurate my skill is. Or if im having a (De Ja Vu) like day I still attempt to play very competitively no matter what.

For example though kirbykid, when you approved everyone has a bit of causual smash within them, I have to agree.. xD

At times ill just play around on Special Melee, or play on Giant Mode w/ super mushrooms turned on high. So yeah, I would totaly consider myself a Causual-Competitive Smasher.

Phendrona

Smash Rookie
My first post here ^_^

I'm going to call myself a Casual-hardcore smasher. I play for fun but I do always want to get better. I don't play that much anymore but I do have some phases here I play every single day. I'll probably have one of those phases again this summer.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Berserker, focusing on rapid attacks and combos. weakness is I'm not good with using throws. currently learning how to wavedash. training to be competitive.

MarioMashedpotatos

Smash Rookie
yep,im a cashual,no doubt. since i beat emmisary i only play when my buds are over.im kinda just play animal crossing cfolk

eddy49

Smash Rookie
This left me speechless! It perfectly sums up everybody in the whole world...kind of funny how easily kirbykid did it

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
I'm competitive but play with items and time. It adds luck, but also fun I think.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I used to be a rather competitive player, but then I would always come back home from playing with my friends feeling...unsatisfied.

Then, I played a Wi-Fi match. I was surprised to end up at Hyrule Temple rather than Final Destination, which was the stage I've always ended up being in while playing Wi-Fi. I attacked one of the players, then they all retreated to the lower area and started doing that constant ducking thing.

I was confused.

Then I realized...maybe I should try fooling around with them. It felt good to approach them again without them attacking me back or dodging away. That welcome feeling made me...

A casual player. o^_^o
Yeah, screw that now, I'm starting to go back to some competitive play! :laugh:

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
We don't have enough people replying to this lately. And I believe you have put so much work into this.
Competitive but not quite expert.

Hinryu

Smash Apprentice
I think I am a competitive player. Though I'm not that great, I am always trying to make myself better.

I've played in a few tourneys, and I think I play a lot better when I am in one. But when I am not I just tend to mess around.

Regardless I just try to have fun.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Definitely hardcore competitive. Switched from causal a few years back after I decided I loved Smash enough to dedicate a good chunk of my gaming time to it. A good read, hopefully it will help players realize the difference between loving Smash and being competitive at it.

Top Bottom