• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Kishin

Smash Ace
I'm a real laid back kind of smasher. I always strive to improve and get better but I almost never care about winning really. That's not to say I don't get a tiny bit upset when I lose over something stupid though. Who I use when I play is purely personal preference for me. I can almost never take the game seriously, so if you play me enough then you'll soon realize that probably 90% of the time I'm playing I'm not giving it my all. That's not to say I'm actually any good though, but I would say I'm semi-decent when I actually get trying though. I've never went to any tournaments but I'd love to participate some time for the pure fun it would bring.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Competitive-Hardcore

I agree with pretty much this entire post. :) Well done!

...the only thing I take issue with - and maybe somebody's said this already; I kind of don't feel like reading 141 pages to find out - is that although I consider myself a "hardcore" fan of SSB, I would never take this to mean that I will continue to play "no matter what happens to it."

If the series ever stops being fun, I'll stop playing it.

Fortunately, although it might wax and wane like anything else, I don't think it'll ever truly lose its shine. ^_^

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I like to play competitively. It's fun having that urge to be better than my peers, however I'm not the kind of person who is like, no item FD only. I dont mind items that much, it can be fun playing with items. After all Brawl is just a game, it's entertainment. I dont play items anymore since I got into the tourny scene, but i wouldnt mind playing them every now and then if I ever decided to, I just prefer no items when I play.

I guess I'm just mostly a competitive player, though I'm not a competitive *** hole like some people see. that's just unsportsman like.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
I like to play Brawl in general. I find every aspect of Brawl fun including getting my butt handed to me in competetive Brawls. =D

icy24-7

Smash Rookie
competative

im a competative brawler. I like a challenge and i need to hurry up and get brawl so i can play u guys from smash boards.

L

LeGiT

good definition. but sometimes i like playing with no items cause they can get really annoying

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I don't know exactly what kind of brawler I am
although I will say I am a competitve smasher trying to go pro lol
I just got on brawl august of 2008, (idk if that's short or not)
I don't own my own wii,
My lil brother owns the wii,
My brother stays on the accf :(,
and
My lil brother is constantly in trouble.

However,
I'm the second owner of my own clan (RA^) [Renegade Aftermath],
I brawl people on aib enough lol,
I've owned other people or stayed @ other peoples brawl level without a wii,
and
I just learned how to make better brawl videos
lol

So its hard to explain where I fall in brawl
Im sure if I owned a wii I'd probably be a hardcore brawler
girls+brawl+job+school=fun life

I'd make it my own to be in all local tourneys
its just the fact that I dont own a wii :(

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
im da type of brawler who changes his style of fighting based on how da other person is playing. im also a hardcore brawler.

Erj

Smash Rookie
Nice list, I would say I'm a Competitive Smasher. I always look for people to test my skills against. I mean ANYONE. The only problem is that, its hard to find true smashers on my island :p (TBH, I think I'm on the only person who uses meta knight on my region.) No items, Final Destination, 1v1 ftw.

A

Anuj Sharma

photo to canvas

Eh, finally a new tutorial today. It's a simple one on how to turn your image or photo to canvas style painting. This canvas painting effect will look nice on a scenery image with lots of colors blended together.

The main issue I find with other people printing canvas is that they usually use a cheap canvas which cracks when stretched, or little bits flake off during or shortly after the printing process.

I only use ILFORD canvas, not cheap but simply the best! There is no need to finish the photos to canvas with a sealer etc.. just a nice matte canvas finish ready to hang (no sheen left from a sealer).

Since changing to ILFORD my business has gone through the roof, and I have had many customers come my way after getting jobs done on cheaper canvas products from others...I hope they continue my business is booming!

Thanks
JSR Solution

StrikerX22

Smash Rookie
Hey all. I'm a low-end competitive, somewhat hardcore =P.

I enjoy knowing the mechanics, making many custom stages, trying to find some interesting nonstandard games (for example, a few not-completely-broken items on low with perhaps an item jail on custom map), and 1v1'ing and teams/ffa*4.

I'm a mapper at heart, and have made 50ish so far (depends on mood... not easy to be creative often, and too gimmicky is not fun, plus I try to make them fairly competitive, like no low ceilings etc.), and maybe I can recommend a few once I (finally) get them uploaded. I keep about half on the hard drive to play on random with a few official stages.

Own 64, played melee frequently at friend's, own Brawl, looking forward to getting around to try Brawl+. I like too many characters to narrow it down to main/2nd.

bionicdroid

Smash Cadet
I am a competitive-Pro Smasher.

I absolutely love to increase my skills. To me that's what makes smash so great, you can always improve. But I DO NOT use the shield, never have never will, and I stand by this trait to my very core. Under no circumstances will I ever use the shield as a tactic, even if this means I will never become the ultimate smasher.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I guess I'm a competitive/pro smasher but people mostly recognize me for stalling the match, wearing people out to win, and also I make them laugh to get them off concentration.

Twilight_Warrior

Smash Cadet
Those who simply have to desire to get better are competitive smashers, even if they never have any one else to play with for real competition.
That pretty much sums me up right there. I would LIKE to get better, but I have 3 people that I constantly play with. Fortunatley, I'm the best out of those 3. Unfortunately, after playing in an actual competition, I realize that is not good enough. There is much I still need to learn.

IMYP

Smash Rookie
I'm probably mostly casual, slightly competitive. I fit the definition of hardcore perfectly for this thread, though for some reason I'm not fond of the term

Aura Master

Smash Rookie
Very nice! I guess I would consider myself a pro smasher. I've been through a few tournaments to get a bit of experience under my belt, and I'm always looking around for more to enter. I know for sure though that I am a hardcore smasher. I've been playing SSB since the, and my friends and I make it a routine to play Brawl every weekend. Things can really heat during our matches, and sometimes they even turn pretty ugly.

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
Casual-Competitive Smasher.

I love Brawl. It's so much fun to get a bunch of friends and laugh our ***es off playing it. Still, I'd consider my self pretty good because I can beat one level 9 and a level 7 in a team on my own. :chuckle:

황미영

Smash Champion
I would consider myself a competitive hardcore smasher. Since I'm always trying to get good at the games (Melee and Brawl) and join tourneys every chance I get and I won't abandon the game just because it changes. Everything changes eventually...

O

Ollonk

I used to be an addict, but I play games in general a lot less now.
Now I play for nostalgia, and if I have any pros to play against. That's why I came here. Lately, Smash Bros. has been reduced to the status of party game. :urg:

im a harcore melee fan and even tho i learned advanced techniques used by pros i still like to play with weird *** settings like a ton of items or turning the damage ratio up or down. and time matches are probly my favorite type. i just love the game.

XaioXang

Smash Rookie
I would have to say I am safely categorized as a competitive smasher. Though with my friends at college i tend to just a a casual smasher because that is how they play, and it is fun to just throw massive amounts of items at eachother and cause chaos every now and again. We get some good laughs. :]

Top Bottom