• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Turboknux

Smash Rookie
I guess I would say, A little bit of all of them but competitive, in fact, I hate matches like those, they make me angry, GRRRRR!

Darkslash

Smash Master
Im that kind of gimpy, pro-brawl smasher that makes those stupid Melee-lovers say... ZOMG HOW DID U BEAT ME?! U MUST HAVE WAVEDASHED! lol...
the fail in this post is sad. Seriously GTFO troll. Eat some food while your at it.

Yea I kinda change my style from time to time. From competitive to button mashing :laugh:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
zomg brawl lover wil you like teach me your tricks?!?! i wants to learn hao to do all everything you do with your epic gimps!

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
thanks, here's what you do, take a no life prick like darkslash here and then try to call him a troll and make him feel bad about himself even though he doesn't know you, then push him off the edge and say lol!, once that's done, spike him as you are yelling get ***** KID!

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
I'd say I fall into competitive/hardcore. Love the game for what it is but I also want to be really skilled and versed in Smash as a player.

2BM5

Smash Rookie
I'd have to say competitive and hardcore. The Smash World will always be the best and I just love discovering and mastering new techniques. :)

SoupahMarry-O

Smash Rookie
I enjoy competitive play as well as casual ( no items however, as well smash balls ). So generally I enjoy fair gameplay which requires the use of character skill over items, since I surmise items are one of the core factors which ruined Brawl.

Regam

Smash Rookie
All, separately. I like four way with items or 1v1 without, but combinations get too annoying. I go to tourneys try to improve and have logged far more hours on smash than any other series if games in existence (including Pokemon). I know I'd get bored eventually with any play style and play other games. I don't know how to classify myself; probably competitive-leaning mixed.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I play for fun. Although I do work as hard as I can to improve how I play, but that's only because everyone else is getting so much better.

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
for me im casual. i lack the skill to be pro, and there are some things that would turn me off to the series (mainly motion wii controls, or 3D movement and arenas(possibly.) so hardcore is out.
the only time im really competitive is against my best friend, where smash matches end up becoming wrestling matches (or some other hair brained competition)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
uhh you can use gamecube controllers, and the ******** stages are banned. should always strive to be the best.

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
uhh you can use gamecube controllers, and the ******** stages are banned. should always strive to be the best.
i meant motion controls as whipping the wiimote around to do moves, it sucks in mortal kombat armageddon, so i imagine that would be the case for brawl too.
and 3D arenas as in your character can move around in all 3 dimensions
i also meant that i would be turned off to the series IF these features were added in a new game :D

RATED

Smash Lord
I assist to almost every tournament of brawl in PR and do good placings to but I consider myself competitive/hardcore , I can't stand casual that's not for me they think that they are better than someone bcuz they can land a finalsmash! I hate that item is just the 2nd most stupid thing made in all smash(1st trip)

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to say pro/casual/hardcore for me.

I've become good with all character, but haven't "mastered" any specific one. I've become decent with "high-tier" (although i don't believe there are tiers) characters, good with average characters, and beastly awesome with characters that some people think are horrible, but i've devoted so much time to being great with random that i've never entirely mastered any specific character (except maybe large characters in general).

I love items. I love platforms. I love iteractive levels. I like to have fun.
when i first came to smashboards, i was a kid that borrowed melee for a week before brawl came out, and just bought brawl, cuz i had played the original for five minutes, and beat a very good player with none other than kirby.
I had came up with masterful techniques on how to use items, dodge items etc.
then i came to brawl character discussion (ike) and I learned... no one used items...

Items are what seperates ssb from street fighter, mortal combat and doa (granted, i love those too).
Why go without using them?
then i learned no one plays on stages that don't have platforms...
Wolf's side-b is useless then.
Snake cant run and hide then.

I see the Competitive side of the arguement, but really don't think that that is for me...

*edit* i agree about final smashes on some circumstances (sonic, bowser, maybe lucario, and people whose strategy depends on final smashes), and i'm not too fond of the assist trophy

Top Bottom