• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Smudge

Smash Lord
I'd like to think of myself as a Hardcore smasher but I'm probably leaning more to the Competitive side.

And just as a sidenote, the Smashball Question Mark picture on the first page is awesome :D

Penultimate

Smash Rookie
Lol I guess Im a casual smasher seeing I just got it 3 days ago :p
But seriously, I dont get the time to play hours perfecting a technique, I just send a VM to a friend and start playing matches on matches with items on and banned stages and what not :p

Saberdude27

Smash Cadet
for me smash is very competitive and a lively sport...however, i do play smash casual sometimes, with friends and family alike. so, i say that i'm a casual/competitve player!

Egitor

Smash Cadet
I'm with you there Saberdude.
I am, at heart, a competitive player. I love to play and to play to win. I like learning and getting better, although I have to admit the underlying numbers are of lesser interest to me personally.
When I play with my girlfriend or friends, however, after one or two serious games we generally establish that we're not at the same level of play and then continue to just have fun in the game, teaming up on CPU's or thinking up wacky games!

I'd have to classify myself as casual-competitive and clearly soft core.

At the OP; very nice job 'classifying' attitudes to the game, as it were. There's never a perfect way to label people but this is a shiny attempt, keep it up!

Or30

Smash Cadet
I'm a Competitive/Casual Smasher, Not Only do I like getting better and learning more in Brawl but I also like to play with Items and like to play on Big Stages!!!!!!!:chuckle::chuckle:

Paja

Smash Rookie
Im Too A Competitive Brawler, And Dont Know Why But I Always Hate It When I Loose >.<
But Love To Play It Even If Its Only For A Few Min. ^.^

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
I'm so hardcore that i have two discs that got scratched (one i can't use, the other barely work) FROM BEING PLAYED TOO MUCH!! srsly, they each stayed in my wii for months.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I think I am a mix of Casual, Hardcore, and Competitive.

Sometimes I just turn on the game with all items on very high on an insane custom stage with four people.
Other times I play unmoving stages with no interruptions only, no items on, 1 on 1 and I get angry when Falco abuses his laser and camps across the stage when I'm Ganon.

But no matter what it comes down to, I gotta have my weekly dose of Smash.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Im competetive, but i play mario and doc

And I love crazy freeplay. its too good at SFs i love the conversations and laughs we have in an SF

EDIT : yeah like the guy above, im everything together too lol

Im talking about melee though, not brawl lol, there im ONLY casual if i ever play too much melee and need a time out

D1

Banned via Administration
I'm a Hardcore/Pro/Competitive Smasher.

I won many tournies teams and singles. Known as one of the best Falcos in the EC (Brawl). In the Melee days I was one of the best players in NYC. Even though I'm pro, at the same time I still spend a lot of time with NinjaLink looking for new ways to reinvent the game, strategies, and whatnot. For the last 4 tournaments I've been placing low (top 10 -_-...usually top 3 satisfies me more). Also I've been a fan of the series since SSB64 and I used to play w/ items and then after a while got sick of it and just started to pay w/o items before ever KNOWING about the boards.

I myself hate items to death, there's no skill in throwing random crap at my opponents and seeing boxes explode and getting killed at zero by a Final Smash. At the same time I still love the series and will continue playing it even tho I still may not find some of the sequels (mainly Brawl too competitive compared to Melee...yet I still enjoy Brawl tournies thanks to the community.)

I'm kinda happy I stumbled upon the boards during the Melee era, thats when my life changed for the better and I became a more sociable person. I believe my first tourney was Feb 05 and I was gettin destroyed by the likes of PC. Chris, Mofo, Wes, Dire, Zanguzen, and alotta DA members from left and right. I was happy to actually see the game played this way than any other way, cuz it was less random like Mario Kart, and more skill-based like a real fighter. The rest of my Melee history was too good attending the MLG Circuit for Smash was an awesome experience and I wish they would bring it back for Brawl.

Pro Smash Rules All Else. *puts on flame retardant suit*

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Well i'd consider myself a casual/competitve - hardcore player

Sometimes i just feel like playing an insane game on items on high on wario ware. But i mean everyone wants to get better. (Unless u like being called a noob all the time) and at the moment i just really need to get good to beat a friend.

Why'd anyone wanna leave SSBB, who cares if Falco or Ganandorf leaves,
IT"LL STILL BE AN AWESOME GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlternateQJD

Smash Rookie
my favorite way to play is 5 stock for all, with items on medum, and Damage bars hidden 9 it seems more dramatic :laugh: ) I guess i can be called a... Med-high intermediate Smasher.

ReignstormX11

Smash Rookie
well "pro-smashers" try to get an even play-field, the flat surface of final D, no unfair advantages, no 3-for-alls where it would switch 2 on 1 all the time, no items so one person is gimped, just sheer skill of the character you choose. However its hard unless you have the same character, in a way its just to improve basic skill and tactics of players and is, admitingly, boring after a while. Smash is the only game of its kind and has many different types of gameplay, which is why we play it, and is why we love it :p

But, like every game, you always want to get better and have fun doing it

PyroDudeX

Smash Rookie
I play on Final D. only because its the fairest place to play and I only use 3 characters after testing with all of them. I guess slightly competitive? I don't play like every day.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I'm the type of smasher that likes to see ooooo and ahhhh..

I play with or without items... whatever the crowd wants.

I'm too flashy for my own good. If I could get to go to some more serious tourneys, my true skill would even out as my flashiness would slowly but surely disappear.

Fav way to play: All Items on Low. I think it's the perfect balance of character skill and item usage. Get four ppl, crank the lives up to 20, and call it a game. Have fun!

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I play on Final D. only because its the fairest place to play and I only use 3 characters after testing with all of them. I guess slightly competitive? I don't play like every day.
there is no fairest stage of all. bowser vs falco = long so no suicides for bowser if the falco plays smart

Evla

Smash Cadet
I'm the type of smasher that likes to see ooooo and ahhhh..

I play with or without items... whatever the crowd wants.

I'm too flashy for my own good. If I could get to go to some more serious tourneys, my true skill would even out as my flashiness would slowly but surely disappear.

Fav way to play: All Items on Low. I think it's the perfect balance of character skill and item usage. Get four ppl, crank the lives up to 20, and call it a game. Have fun!
Good God man!!! 20 lives!! I couldn't do that. take to long

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Good God man!!! 20 lives!! I couldn't do that. take to long
Long it is, but when you have 4 ppl with you, playing on your level, you make cracks on silly mistakes and the like. Awesome times.

smashbros.maniac

Smash Cadet
I'm probably a Casual-Competitive-Hardcore Smasher.

I like messing around on the game (High Pokeballs! xD ), I also like to play with tournament rules, and I am SO into Smash that I will buy any game that they make!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
hey have any of you heard of this guy called mewtwoking? i heard hes really good.

Seon

Smash Cadet
haha M2K? he's good.

Anyways, my fave way to play is defintely tourney stages, random for fun uhh pretty simple 3 stocks and go at it!

but that gets boring sometimes so final smash ball is atleast in to keep it cool

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
just good?

rumor says he's really good...but how do they KNOW that? Can't anyone claim to be the best?

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
I'd say I'm a casual, but a **** good casual Smasher. I was a BEAST at the original Super Smash. I never played Melee, but recently, I got Brawl. In my first week, I have already been beating up my friends in brawl (btw, they've been playing for like half a year), though I don't think they're tourney level or anything:lol:

So yeah, I'm a great casual player, and would one day like to become tourney level.

Kiyoo

Smash Rookie
I'm trying pro, casual for now since it's college and it's hard to actually play T_T

Viox

Smash Apprentice
I like to consider myself as "non-casual" i play it alot but i can't stand freaks who have to describe things with annoying terms when theres already phrases for them.

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
I like to play with tourny rules. Items to me are boring unless im super tired or we are just messing around. Trying to have a serious match with items just isent fun for me. but my favorite thing in brawl is 4 man Cpt.Falcon FFAs

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
id play by tourny rules but im not so serious as to get in to all the technical terms and super advanced combos

Fuggles

Smash Cadet
Hmm...I would say im casual-competitive. I only do anything if I truly enjoy it. What's the point if youre not having fun? But I enjoy smash so much i wanna take it one step further, and I enjoy it even more by trying to make myself better. Ill fight anyone, anywhere, under any conditions, be it 1v1 on FD with no items, FFA Aero Dive with high items, 1v2 Battlefield with medium items, etc. If i dont have fun, I stop, so I always try to remember if Im having fun. And so far I mostly am. I enjoy the natural randomness of Smash and I also enjoy improving my game. That's what a hobby truly is for me.

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
Lol
I play like an hour a day.....
but always against three lv9s 3v1.. normal battle (no iitems, 3 stocks,)
intense training..

I'm a smasher that smashes..... spikes every single kill >=]

not one of those ppl that edgeguard.. T_T

Bandit000

Smash Cadet
pretty much the only game i play is melee. :]
the funny thing about it is is that i've known how to do all the advanced techniques from playing with my friends, but we have different names for them...
for example... we call wavedashing the "ninja step".
but yea. i'm as close to pro as you can get when you have a gf and a job! haha

Top Bottom