• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Competitive-Hardcore for Melee only. Brawl is just ugly.
Brawl isn't really able to Support Competitive-Hardcore players, it' snot fast enough for them.
I'm an easy going one but I can get intense too, that's when i switch disks to Melee

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
"It's not like playing one (melee) rather than the other (brawl) TRUELY makes you better. :T"

Oh, but it does. It really does. Try a test: take two players brand new to any competative type of game. Get one up to a decent competative level on Melee, the other on Brawl. Now hand them any other comp game, namely a fighting game, and see which one adepts quicker/better. I'll bet my Greek ancestor's spirits on the Melee player...

Somewhat on topic: I like how KirbyKid never went back and edited the 1st post, LoL. You knew exactly what you wanted to say from the get go and got it all perfect in the 1st try. I admire that. :) The only thing I have a problem with is that you, along with many others (usually the inexperienced, non-competative players [not saying this with bias, it's just true]) have it in your mind, or at least the way it comes out in writing, that being competative (to me defined simply as trying your best to win at all costs using any tools given inside the parameters of the game) is mutually exclusive from having "fun", which is a point I've seen Buzz and Luna bring to light and give good answers to many times before. Ask any competative tourny player; they will most likely tell you they have more fun now then they did before when they only played casually. I'm not saying everyone will, nor that everyone should go to a tourny or anything like that to have fun, I'm only refuting the implied statement from the "playing to win vs having fun" phrase I see too many times. It's soooo simple; if you don't want to be competative, don't. I'm trying to tell you that you're missing anything. Just don't try to tell me or others that we're playing the game the way it was never "intended" to be played (seriously, the most frustrating comment of all) or that we're removing the fun factor in some way. Having fun has nothing to do with the game. it has all to do with the person playing it. I've been attending tournies for almost 5 years and I still enjoy the game more and more the more I play and the better I get. That's why Melee is amazing and will never die...

Brawl sux!!! :lick:

AkumaFalcon93

Smash Rookie
I'm basically in between a Casual and a Competitive gamer. I love to have fun and use items but get very p!$$ed at the game when something happens.

Dart

Smash Lord
After i picked up Brawl i lost any talent i had in melee so...im basically training as much as i can in Brawl since no one here is any good at melee *in my town*

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
After i picked up Brawl i lost any talent i had in melee so...im basically training as much as i can in Brawl since no one here is any good at melee *in my town*
That must suck playing melee by yourself and no one around you but hey if you become the next M2k for brawl more power to you cuz how did all the pros become pro..... they play with themself:laugh:(against computers)

KyogreSymbol14

Smash Rookie
Ive never lost an internet brawl. I consider myself a pro with ganondorf. I suck with everyone else.
(Ive only had 3 wifi matches)

Angof

Smash Rookie
Casual-Competitive player here. I like to win, and I aim to win. And I will practice so that I can win. But even if I do not win, I do not take it too serious.

Random stages and high items with constantly changing characters is how we play when there are four people in the room.

Random stages with any item rules using our best characters, whooping *** so we don't have to give up our controllers in "loser passes" is how we play when around a lot of people.

In the end we have fun, though it is always more fun when you can make feel like a champ from your victories.

blankvi

Smash Ace
competitive/casual
winning no matter the chars/stage/items

always fun when you got 4 people in your family who can be godly anygiven day

jehonaker

Smash Cadet
Competitive/Hardcore.

I have fun with casual matches, but I play to win. Any tactic that's not expressly forbidden is compulsory. I do love Smash, and I want to try and go to tournaments eventually. Losing isn't bad until I go on a losing streak.

I'm trying to get down tricks and techs that'll help, wavedashing and L-cancelling in Melee being the big ones I'm working on now. I'm far from the level some people are...I took about four years off and missed all of the fun breakthroughs of Melee.

But that's me. I play to win.

Slowfish

Smash Rookie
There's no way I'd call myself a dogmatic Smasher, but let's just say I wouldn't mind getting better and get really annoyed by projectile/item campers. Items on the highest setting tend to annoy me, but that's probably just because they randomize the outcome of most games.

No matter what I play, I play to win. I have an extremely competitive personality, but I'm not good enough at SSB yet to call myself a competitive smasher.

Yet. ;)

taste_the_beast

Smash Apprentice
I'm all of these somewhat. But one for sure is Competitive player; playing on final destination, no items, five stock, is really fun i think. i think it makes it better when you know that you beat them with your strategies and tecniques and not by using items and stuff like that. But its FUN either way you play.

Slowfish

Smash Rookie
I'm all of these somewhat. But one for sure is Competitive player; playing on final destination, no items, five stock, is really fun i think. i think it makes it better when you know that you beat them with your strategies and tecniques and not by using items and stuff like that. But its FUN either way you play.
Yeah, that's my point. Smash Bros is fun whether you win or lose. HOWEVER, it's a lot more satisfying to me when I win because of skill, not because I happened to grab a hammer at a crucial moment and use it well, or a random starman kept me alive just long enough to win. Also, it can be really frustrating to be on the other end of those lucky moments.

taste_the_beast

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that's my point. Smash Bros is fun whether you win or lose. HOWEVER, it's a lot more satisfying to me when I win because of skill, not because I happened to grab a hammer at a crucial moment and use it well, or a random starman kept me alive just long enough to win. Also, it can be really frustrating to be on the other end of those lucky moments.
I'm glad to see we agree

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Competitive.

I'd normally say competitive-casual, but I tend to associate only with people who play competitively, not because I dislike casuals or casual play, I'm just more interested in competitive play.

Clone Z

Smash Journeyman
Competitive Smasher.

Definately not Hardcore because if the next smash game is gonna be another noob-fest, I'll go ahead and disregard it. And it will probably be.

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
Well i play for fun when I have items on, but if i'm playing 4real i'll have items off. I don't EVER fight 4real wen i play unless it sum1 of godly satus in brawl then i play competitevly.

Bob Jane T-Mart

Smash Ace
I would probably be casual/competitive, I play with items off (except Smashballs) and only on stages that are fair (Final Destination, Battlefield etc. Not Warioware), I also try to improve my technique when I play. But the main reason I play is to have fun, if I'm not, I usually quit and do something else.

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
Ima competitive smasher always lookin for a strong opponent and a good fight I love a fight thatl help me better my skill level

chriskikz

Smash Cadet
Well.........

I would say that i am a casual smasher but dont get me wrong i do thrive on getting better...
I have those fun matches like giant melee with very high super mushrooms on Fountain of Dreams but I have to admit I will play 4 stock matches against computers and practice my combos to get better (having a tournament in June at my school....Post it on my youtube...heres the link.........
http://www.youtube.com/user/chriskikz)
Thanx for reading,
chriskikz

Top Bottom