• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Makes Your Peach Unique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I don't care about being unique, I care about being efficient and winning.

I'll get some videos vs Deva up later...

Metatitan

Smash Master
Aaaaaaaaaaaand /thread

If you're gonna continue this I suggest emphasizing the good parts of their playstyle so people know what to incorporate into their own game. No use pointing out bad stuff unless it's a current video critique.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Well, I think all things are necessary, because if a Peach player realizes their bad habits from reading this, then they can try to drop them too.

We can't just build over bad habits. We need to learn to make good ones and drop the bad.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I believe "uniqueness" comes from experimentation, and that experimentation is either successful or not. When it is successful, I think that's another aspect every Peach should grab a hold of. A unique Peach ends up being efficient.

Pure efficiency creates predictability and a stale metagame, in my opinion. I look at the pre-Excel metagame as an example.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand /thread

If you're gonna continue this I suggest emphasizing the good parts of their playstyle so people know what to incorporate into their own game.
This is what I'm doing...?

lol shutup Meta

Metatitan

Smash Master
Not for say Ill's, there was way too much negative emphasis. Critiques are for a major emphasis in what to fix. Uniqueness is basically what do you do that other people don't.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Just make good reads, learn to condition through a trial and error method, and make yourself hard to read. That's all it comes down to in each and every match.

Style is irrelevant as long as the core fundamentals are kept intact and are not sacrificed.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i like this thread!

even if Meno hates my Peach!

:cool:

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Just make good reads, learn to condition through a trial and error method, and make yourself hard to read. That's all it comes down to in each and every match.

Style is irrelevant as long as the core fundamentals are kept intact and are not sacrificed.
Praxis said:
That's fine, but that's not what this topic is about.

Silly kyle does his signature ground floated bairs and likes to use get up attacks off the ledge a lot
Dark Peach does his weird movement, can't even really explain it
Meno does his B-sticking

If your uniqueness wants to be efficiency and smart Peach stuff so be it. But the topic is what makes peaches' unique, not what we should be doing.

If I watched a random youtube video of Peach in brawl, I could tell whether it was Kyle or Meno and perhaps Dark Peach. They are unique

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hmm...my comment has everything to do with this thread and more, actually.

"Why?" one would ask.

Because the way most Peaches play, the momentary "style" corresponds with the reads and conditioning that takes place, and with a character such as Peach who is challenged to the point of being extremely versatile at times to get her kills...one's style will have to change to fit the situation. What you're referring to are the little quirks that some of us may show while we play, but I don't believe any of that is unique to any one player (save for Meno's B-sticking preference...lul).

Groundfloat bairs? I do them, Nicole does them, Kyle does them, etc. Not a unique tactic and definitely something Peaches have been doing in Melee since most Brawlers were still in their Smash related diapers.

Weird movement? True, although that applies to any of us in comparison with one another.

B-sticking? Ok you got me there LOL. <3 Meno

z00ted

i do ground floated bairs!

they just havent been captured on video yet and I prefer ground floated nairs!

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Hmm...my comment has everything to do with this thread and more, actually.

"
Groundfloat bairs? I do them, Nicole does them, Kyle does them, etc. Not a unique tactic and definitely something Peaches have been doing in Melee since most Brawlers were still in their Smash related diapers.

Weird movement? True, although that applies to any of us in comparison with one another.

B-sticking? Ok you got me there LOL. <3 Meno

I don't see any peach player use the quick groundfloated bairs like Kyle does (i use them in the wasping video) nor use the get up attack off the ledge like Kyle...

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Because the way most Peaches play, the momentary "style" corresponds with the reads and conditioning that takes place, and with a character such as Peach who is challenged to the point of being extremely versatile at times to get her kills...one's style will have to change to fit the situation.
huh

Well, anyways.

I'll be doing a series on Retro Peaches and what they popularized into the metagame after doing some of the people I've left out (Spyker, Yami, Surri). Excel and Niko are gonna be fun to look at. Praxis is gonna be boring as hell.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Get off my nuts MenoUndertheinfluence, you know **** well what I meant. :mad:

@ Lance- I do it just as often as Kyle does. My most recent videos are against Falco and Marth though, two matchups where it isn't very effective or safe.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
huh

Well, anyways.

I'll be doing a series on Retro Peaches and what they popularized into the metagame after doing some of the people I've left out (Spyker, Yami, Surri). Excel and Niko are gonna be fun to look at. Praxis is gonna be boring as hell.
Bairing Wario, jabbing through G&W's bair, Dtilt obsession, turnip camping, single handedly destroying all of the top G&Ws and Lucarios in the country?

I guess I didn't popularize any of that because King Beef is the only one of you that actually listened to what I had to say and now ***** G&W. :awesome:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
That's not fair.

My G&W quit literally as soon as I got good at the matchup.

your peach is still boring

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Yes, who wants to watch someone live to 200% every stock?

So boring. We should all be Illmatic and try to rush down Link players!

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Living to 200% is fun.
I have this bad habit of giggling incessantly when I hit 200%. It's funny because it tends to cause opponents to RAGE and run up with smashes that don't hit.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Living to 200% is fun.
I have this bad habit of giggling incessantly when I hit 200%. It's funny because it tends to cause opponents to RAGE and run up with smashes that don't hit.
Heheh, we share a common habit :)

Xyless

Smash Master
After thinking about it, am I really, like, the only Peach player that abuses her chaingrabs? I haven't really seen any other Peach do it in videos or in practice or mention it in matchups.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Xyless I think everyone uses the cg, if they can land it of course. Realize it's realistically difficult to grab someone at 0%

z00ted

Illmatic

Dair spam, fsmash charging - the kid has blatant habits, but at the same time he avoids making large mistakes. Sure every single punish might be float dair, but it's rarely a poor choice. The accumulation of safe choices like that results in a very safe and effective Peach. Unimpressive, yes, but ineffective? Never. Though higher tier players are always gonna be a wall here - habits and a lack of reads are fatal when playing a mid tier. The raw character cannot be piloted that far.
Dair spam, fsmash charging - the kid has blatant habits, but at the same time he avoids making large mistakes. Sure every single punish might be float dair, but it's rarely a poor choice. The accumulation of safe choices like that results in a very safe and effective Peach. Unimpressive, yes, but ineffective? Never. Though higher tier players are always gonna be a wall here - habits and a lack of reads are fatal when playing a mid tier. The raw character cannot be piloted that far.

Dair spam, fsmash charging - the kid has blatant habits, but at the same time he avoids making large mistakes. Sure every single punish might be float dair, but it's rarely a poor choice. The accumulation of safe choices like that results in a very safe and effective Peach. Unimpressive, yes, but ineffective? Never. Though higher tier players are always gonna be a wall here - habits and a lack of reads are fatal when playing a mid tier. The raw character cannot be piloted that far.[/QUOTE]

Dair spam, fsmash charging - the kid has blatant habits, but at the same time he avoids making large mistakes. Sure every single punish might be float dair, but it's rarely a poor choice. The accumulation of safe choices like that results in a very safe and effective Peach. Unimpressive, yes, but ineffective? Never. Though higher tier players are always gonna be a wall here - habits and a lack of reads are fatal when playing a mid tier. The raw character cannot be piloted that far.[/QUOTE]

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Dayem.

Meno, directing them infractions.

I can't really say Illmatic is bad. He was dropping everyone at MLG in his MMs. He even 2-0'd ESAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom