• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Makes Your Peach Unique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Below are my personal impressions of (soon-to-be) every Peach player I've seen play. These are my personal opinions, so take them with a grain of salt, and most of these are based off the most current videos. It's all about influence - so get better and stop sucking so I can watch one of your videos and actually enjoy myself.

Dark.Pch

Dark's approach relies on incredibly precise control of Peach. Very calculated, very confident, and very patient. The guy doesn't jump at every opportunity to land a fair or bair, and funnily enough, it's a surprise when he actually does - making for a very interesting playstyle. At the same time this "I'm going to use fsmash like it's jab" style occasionally ends up failing, resulting in some particularly gruesome mistakes.

Illmatic
Dair spam, fsmash charging - the kid has blatant habits, but at the same time he avoids making large mistakes. Sure every single punish might be float dair, but it's rarely a poor choice. The accumulation of safe choices like that results in a very safe and effective Peach. Unimpressive, yes, but ineffective? Never. Though higher tier players are always gonna be a wall here - habits and a lack of reads are fatal when playing a mid tier. The raw character cannot be piloted that far.

KB

I've always considered KB to be one of the higher-up examples of what to base a good Peach around. Very tight control of the character, very jump focused with limited float usage, and recently, an emphasis on "flashiness" and "spontaneity". It's cool, for sure - with tricks like z-dropping and dtilt usage being instantly integrated in my own game - but it seems that the concentration on "unpredictable variety" ends up being ineffective at times. You end up with weird artifacts like b-reverse Toad, which only serve to highlight the wish of unpredictability, and not the legitimate result.

Kyon
Kyon manages to combine consistent reads with strong punishes - which is very scary. He understands the opponent's urge to move and he covers that space. "He's about to jump into an aerial. I'll just throw this bair into his face. Oh look, he wants to roll. I'll just leave this nice dair here." He'll encounter problems when higher tier opponents don't move in the way he wants, or read his reads, but when he does manage to detect larger mistakes: it's essentially over. But then he'll jab, so nevermind.

Silly Kyle
Space, punish, and react with dair. Kyle spams dair because ultimately, despite SDI concerns, it's a very good move. It's a strong punish, eats through a lot of things, and covers so much space. While this could result in a stale or even "typical pch" playstyle, Kyle makes up for it with an explosive and innovative close quarters play - particularly his signature groundfloat bairs. He tho thilly.

Peachkid
PK's play is based on reaction, caution, and resets. He uses float like a watch tower - always out of the way, but close enough to get in when capitalizing on that flinch. Sometimes it's just stretches of PK floating out of the way, waiting on a move. His camp game works in the same way: throw something out, see if it hits, back off and reset if it didn't. He gets zoned though if his reads start getting punished, and you can see the caution collapse unto itself into desperation, but when those reads work and the hesitance gets rewarded - the punishes and combo strings are ridiculous.

Nicole
Nicole punishes everything, avoids a lot of funny things, and just plays a slow game of counteracting. The whole "use their strength against them" thing. While she doesn't make any of the common ones, her mistakes are really just bad when she makes them - desperation Toads, "please leave me alone" fairs, some of the offstage errors are just sad. But the Peach here is very reminiscent of Edrees - maybe not exceptionally fast, or even campy, but remarkably smart when working.

Leon
Europe always goes for the combo video and Leon exemplifies that with his Peach. Confident as hell, technical, and always a step ahead, his absurd reads come from always being where the opponent is going to be. The guy combos fair into fair. Interestingly though, and a possible explanation for the common aggressive European playstyle - Leon almost doesn't care about being hit. You can almost hear his thoughts of "I'll make it up." It's BA, but in the end it seems to be literally damaging.

I'll get around to the rest of people later when I'm not bored with this anymore.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yea Raz, I think I'll hold off on doing you since I haven't seen your **** in ages.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Impressive summary on me, you've just about got it down. I'm indeed very comfortable with the character to the point of being able to adapt my movements and tactics to fit any challenges I come across. Although, I've abandoned some of my more situational tricks for the execution of sheer reactionary and frame advantages, especially in close quarters play and with the highlight of that being my OoS game, which in turn is the final thing I needed to be able to fight MK comfortably and confidently. I'll never let my strive for variety dictate my base play. I'm also admittedly not a fan of my match vs Mav's Falco. Other people seem to like it though. xD

I should be getting some new recent vids up from this weekend's tournament thanks to my boy Clowsui.

Good read.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
meno only seen my vids vs Jerm and Dphat which isn't fair.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
wahhhhhhhhhhhh
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nicole

Smash Champion
i'll get a video up soon once i figure out how to make my sd card videos into youtube video realities. :/

cool thread!

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I never have Locals worth recording. The max we usually have is like 7 people.

That's unless Kingsville comes again. Because of their first visit and ****** me when I knew nothing about Brawl made me want to get to where I am now, and beyond.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Silly Kyle
Space, punish, and react with dair. Kyle spams dair because ultimately, despite SDI concerns, it's a very good move. It's a strong punish, eats through a lot of things, and covers so much space. While this could result in a stale or even "typical pch" playstyle, Kyle makes up for it with an explosive and innovative close quarters play - particularly his signature groundfloat bairs. He tho thilly.

I'll get around to the rest of people later when I'm not bored with this anymore.

this. I wanted to make a topic highlighting "what makes your peach unique?"
And that was what I would say for Silly kyle.

And for you: B-Sticking

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Naaa son Illmatic da second bess

Lol but seriously, he's actually pretty accurate about you. You know peach super well, just have to learn more about the game. Like ive always been telling you.

My Peach da bess btw =]

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
this. I wanted to make a topic highlighting "what makes your peach unique?"
Oh nice, I'm going to steal this title if you don't mind - as that's what I really want this to be about.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hmm.....I'm not so sure how you was about to get that out of me after playing like **** for a year. I was actually expecting to get insulted to no end and not hear anything good about me. This was seriously not my year for smash.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Hmm.....I'm not so sure how you was about to get that out of me after playing like **** for a year. I was actually expecting to get insulted to no end and not hear anything good about me. This was seriously not my year for smash.
Honestly Dark, I'm sure you'll get it back. It's in the confines of your mind somewhere.

Meno!! If you were thinking of putting me up there, just hold up until I get some new replays. :)

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Razmakazi you'll see the occassional UAir string punish haha.

Dark Peach is exactly how Meno described it. There's something about how he controls PEach. Patient, doesn't just go flat out aggressive but does weird things that set him apart. There is an intention behind the moves, even though they don't always go well. I've based it on matches i've seen with him vs. Knightmare, M@v and Will... no-one else moves like he does it is mindgames haha

King Beef I think controls the tighest. I don't see wasted moves and you understand that he knows what he is doing. There is no one move that makes him stand out (Like Meno B stick or Vanz Float Nair or Kyle Bair) but his playstyle is unique. He like to use bairs a little more after dair, but other than that, it's just SMART

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So this was not based on my recent vids then? Just me when I was at my prime? Well I'm not too sure what Meno based it all on. My latest vids are from the Smashfest at my house a few months ago, I made a thread about it.

But yea, My Peach is mostly the defensive mindgame type. And try my best to do things others don't do. To a point I can't be compared to any other Peach. From meno and Lance post, maybe this is the style I left in 2010. Could explain my smash year of crap. I think at Mass madness and that dollar tourny in NYC I was more creativity and messing with Peoples heads more. I did this in friendlies too at VC. But did not do it so much in my tourny matches. I just mind ****ed one Mario player I ran into in bracket.

I think if I don't get hype or feel like I am in the zone, my true play style does not come out. Cause I felt it for the first 2 tournies before VC8. And was beasting. Maybe watching my old videos can help me bring it back.

Thanks for this thread and reminder Meno. This thing got me thinking hard now. Think now I'll bring back faster then expected. I gotta get busy

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Pretty much right on the money Meno, good stuff :D

One of my biggest flaws is that I majorly psych myself out sometimes. Usually in really key moments.

But shhhhhhhhhhh

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Seriously Meno, you impress me with your analyzing ability. I can do something sort of like that, but definitely not on the level you can.

**** my lack of experience.

:urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom