What is your most hated criticism against your most wanted character?

BananaSlammer

Smash Journeyman
Don't know, properly because of how many 3rd party reps we got?
:ultsonic: :ultsnake: :ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultken::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultsteve:
(I remember that 4 of Fighters Pass were third party reps, didn't help that the 5th came from Fire Emblem which is hated by Smash fans due to how many reps the franchise got so quickly.)
Edit: double post, delete pls.
That's why Byleth was unironically a breath of fresh air. You can't believe how many times people have said that FP1 was going to be third-party only, so first party characters you should just straight up stop supporting. Luckily, FP2 changed that around.

First-party characters are just as important as third-party characters are. The "gaming hall of fame" approach doesn't work out when almost all of the roster are Nintendo characters.

Last edited:

Starlight Liger

Smash Apprentice
I mean, if it means we get a good and consistent style for 3D Sonic, and maybe some half-decent writers for the story, then I'm all for it.
Sega doesn't have to sell to Nintendo for that to happen, they can just change the creative team at Sonic Team. Sonic is Sega's mascot not Nintendo's.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Apprentice
Captain N isn't allowed because he's not a videogame character.

He's a character that was sucked into videogames, hangs out with video game characters, fights videogame villians using videogame equipment in a videogame world and is directly owned by Nintendo.

A 1st party character who's entire existence revolves around videogames isn't videogame enough for you?
I think if someone was created specifically for video games, that should qualify them for Smash. Captain N was absolutely created specifically to promote video games. If R.O.B. can get in, so can he

Mamboo07

Smash Master
That's why Byleth was unironically a breath of fresh air. You can't believe how many times people have said that FP1 was going to be third-party only, so first party characters you should just straight up stop supporting. Luckily, FP2 changed that around.

First-party characters are just as important as third-party characters are. The "gaming hall of fame" approach doesn't work out when almost all of the roster are Nintendo characters.
Agree.

Megadoomer

Switch FC
SW 0351 1523 9047
It's this one that's always the problem. People are actively against first-party characters these days.. why?
An arguably poor track record? The list of first party DLC newcomers in Smash (:4corrin::ultpiranha::ultbyleth::ultminmin) might not fill people with confidence. We got some great first party picks in the base games, but first party DLC characters seem to be used, at least in part, for blatant promotional reasons.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Master
San Clemente, CA (assuming it's not hell)
It's this one that's always the problem. People are actively against first-party characters these days.. why?
As Megadoomer Megadoomer puts it, probably because 1st party DLC in Smash...hasn't had the best track record. Only :4mewtwo::4feroy::4lucas::ultminmin brought in consistently positive reception (most of which were just veterans that people wouldn't shut up about).

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
GRimer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As Megadoomer Megadoomer puts it, probably because 1st party DLC in Smash...hasn't had the best track record. Only :4mewtwo::4feroy::4lucas: brought in consistently positive reception (and those were just veterans that people wouldn't shut up about).
I don't think its fair to say Min Min had a negative reception.

There were a few people complaining but its like saying Steve had a negative reception because there was some complaining.

Min Min was received pretty positively.

Guynamednelson

Smash Hero
Premium
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
An arguably poor track record? The list of first party DLC newcomers in Smash (:4corrin::ultpiranha::ultbyleth::ultminmin) might not fill people with confidence. We got some great first party picks in the base games, but first party DLC characters seem to be used, at least in part, for blatant promotional reasons.
At the same time, ARMS was thought to be screwed because it wouldn't be promoting a game from 2019-2020, showing that being "realistic" can lead to a rather narrow mind and not even getting half of all revealed characters in FP1+2 correct.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
Who the heck is this even referring to?
Not sure exactly, but if I were to hazard a guess it'd be the Carrion monster, seeing as it's their profile at the moment.
Actually I was referring to Whispy Woods. I've been wanting him since shortly after Smash 4 finished up.

Biomass I think would be a fun character if they did it's grabbing right but I've never been vocal about it before now, and it'd probably be a better fit in the new Fraymakers, fingers crossed it gets in!

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Actually I was referring to Whispy Woods. I've been wanting him since shortly after Smash 4 finished up.

Biomass I think would be a fun character if they did it's grabbing right but I've never been vocal about it before now, and it'd probably be a better fit in the new Fraymakers, fingers crossed it gets in!
You want Whispy Woods as a fighter? Awesome, my sister thought he'd be pretty cool. She even imagine his reveal trailer showing him doing his usual attacks and then surprising everyone by pulling up his roots and moving.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
You want Whispy Woods as a fighter? Awesome, my sister thought he'd be pretty cool. She even imagine his reveal trailer showing him doing his usual attacks and then surprising everyone by pulling up his roots and moving.
That sounds great! I always imagined the beginning of his trailer would start with Villager trying to cut him down

Top Bottom