• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What IS the best projectile in the game?

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Sheik's needles messes up the mobility of most characters (especially Falcon). It is a great tool in stages such as Battle Field and Dream Land 64. It cancels the opponents second jump while recovering.

rhan

Smash Hero
bombs are nit better than the skill peach pulls from the ground.

:phone:
Bombs are harder to catch than Turnips are.
Which is why they're better. Cuz if you catch a Turnip then what? Oh yeah you get a free projectile.

So, I recall when Dart made this thread in the first place. Now, I see there are over 90 replies since its creation. However, Dart has not replied to this thread since then either. This is about as lulzy as when hungrybox made the thread about yoshi.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Probably the one that got most of the stages banned all on its own.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Falco's lasers add the most overall utility to his game. If there is any one character who would be nothing and not able to be as effective without their tool it would be Falco. Sheik's needles are good but they're situational and while the appropriate situations to use them can be extremely effective you can't use them as what you base your offensive and defensive game on nearly as much as Falco can with his lasers.

Peach's turnips are good but to say that because you pull stitchface would be to say that turnips are the absolute best. Theoretically if you could pull a stitchface every time turnips would be the best because it'd make even catching them dangerous. To base it on NO random factors and a projectiles overall effectiveness in multiple areas of a character's gameplay/strategy it's pretty obvious lasers win.

Did I mention that it stops you when it hits you? Oh I didn't I see.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Falco would still be at least High Tier without his lasers.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
falcon can circle camp w/o a projectile on hyrule lol. it's moreso fox's speed and the lack thereof from other characters that caused stages like that to be banned.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I like how people try to take moves out of their context when asking which one is better. It's my favorite part of the Smash community.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I like how people try to take moves out of their context when asking which one is better. It's my favorite part of the Smash community.
haha, yeah, seriously.

all things considered, falco's lasers will always take the cake for many reasons.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I still think Fox's lasers are better.

But Falco's are close enough that it's not really worth arguing.

Definitely once gay stages are banned, Falco's are better, but the question is kind of ambiguous to begin with.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Pichu's thunder jolt, it's fast, hugs walls and ledges, and great for setting up gimps.
I'm pretty sure you're just joking, but jolts are great :p
I love those things. They may suck a bit on stage, but they gimp so good.

anyways, needles are the best projectile.
or maybe Ganondorf. He's a pretty good projectile too.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Top 4 In this order IMO. This is looking at the individual characters uses and the projectiles usefulness to the character (not considering matchups between said characters)

1:Falco's laser (dont need a explanation)
2: YL's bombs (his speed helps these, they can be placed, they lead to kills, great pressuring tool that can ALSO be combined with his other projectiles, they cover your recovery better too. Without his bombs YL would take a dramatic hit to his ability to perform well in matches this is why due to application and their usefulness to him as a char i put him #2)
3: doc's pills (mah boi, these are what all great doc approaches and retreats are made of, great for covering your recovery as well, their bounce angles make them harder to predict as you got a doc rushing you down too)
4: peach's turnips (great, same usefulness as yl's bombs except peach is slower, and turnips dont explode (oh ****ing boy if they did right?). Which, despite her air moves has less pressuring capabilities with them then yl's bombs. When looking at the projectiles only -and disregarding the eventual tiers people will bring up- peach has less -to my knowledge anyway- potential applications with them even when looking at the number of different stuff she can pull out)

Doser

Smash Ace
Top 4 In this order IMO.
It's obviously your opinion, you're the one who created the list. Outright saying that a list based on your opinions is only your opinion is totally unnecessary and probably means you haven't thought it through which is why you feel the need to make excuses for a ****ty list before even typing it out.

Varist

Smash Lord
i agree. but to be fair, the question posed is pretty BS by itself. everyone's lists are all wrong and stupid no matter how much they think they thought it through

Doser

Smash Ace
I know, I just think it's stupid that people feel the need to shield themselves with the statement "IT'S JUST MY OPINION" before they post. A ton of what we write on discussion boards is opinion and it's an insult to the readers to not expect them to be able to differentiate between fact and opinion. Opinions are the things that we can critique, no one is going to critique frame data, because it's not up for debate it's fact.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
I know, I just think it's stupid that people feel the need to shield themselves with the statement "IT'S JUST MY OPINION" before they post. A ton of what we write on discussion boards is opinion and it's an insult to the readers to not expect them to be able to differentiate between fact and opinion. Opinions are the things that we can critique, no one is going to critique frame data, because it's not up for debate it's fact.
Its a disclaimer you gotta put on everything nowadays because you never know when some autist rage teenager will jump on you and get all butthurt. But you're really being no better by writing out what you did in response.

Doser

Smash Ace
Its a disclaimer you gotta put on everything nowadays
But opinions are what should be discussed, so saying it's just your opinion should only invite talking not stop it. If that list were somehow proven empirically that would be a disclaimer to put up, saying this is proven to be true. No one would jump on you if you didn't post like a 13 year old.

Top Bottom