• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Little King's Story is great and you all suck for not getting it.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
All I heard in that post was "I don't have it because I suck."
:ohwell:

I'm not an importer. I'll get it when it comes out.

/offtopic: I wonder if I could even get it if I wanted to without downloading hombrew programs. I don't totally understand how region locking works in this situation.

/even further offtopic: what an aweful marketting department they have. Not only did they start with huge distribution problems making the game scarce and difficult to find, they also release it on the same day as much more well known titles in America, missing a huge opportunity to take an advantage of a particularly long game drought by releasing it on the day The Conduit is supposed to end that drought. I couldn't pick a worse American release date if I tried.

Ontopic: Little King Story is pretty much my favorite genre of game, so I'm going to buy it. When it comes out. I love sim city meets RTS meets action adventure.

Personally, I feel that RTS should have you fighting on the ground as a default, not an exception. In Battalion Wars, I would call my character "Halo grunt." It was awesome and fun.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That helps. lol. I heard Scared Stones was garbage. I attempted to play it, but something told me not to.
Don't listen to people, it was fine. I don't know why people hated it so much. I love that game.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Little King's story got pushed back to July 21.

I shouldn't have complained that the marketting department was moronic for releasing it on the same day as The Conduit stateside. They were, but I probably shouldn't have complained about it. Ah well, at least they have proved themselves not total idiots.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Don't listen to people, it was fine. I don't know why people hated it so much. I love that game.
So did I FE:SS Is great it had things other American Fire Emblems didn't have like the ability to choose which class your units level into, also posted earlier by me is that it is the only Fire Emblem game to focus on character development (this means you can go to different levels to level up your character instead of going on in game predetermined EXP) and best of all you get to own people with a hella powerful Wyverin knight called Cormag

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Axel: Heartz!
DiZ: Heartz!

Heartz: Hayner! Pence! Olette!

SyOn

Smash Journeyman

Who the hell am I supposed to listen to?

*explodes*
ME!

SS sucks, it's too ****ing easy, it's too short and the characters are lame.

Fire Emblem game to focus on character development (this means you can go to different levels to level up your character instead of going on in game predetermined EXP)
Tower abuse makes the game even easier.

Omis

my friends were skinny
What is a really good game to play for around 5 days? No one is going to be home for 5 days so Im going to be alone in the house with nothing to do. What game would be really good to quickly pass those hours away? I was thinking Oblivion GOTY edition or something along those lines.

Frown

poekmon
What is a really good game to play for around 5 days? No one is going to be home for 5 days so Im going to be alone in the house with nothing to do. What game would be really good to quickly pass those hours away? I was thinking Oblivion GOTY edition or something along those lines.
I can only recommend Wii games since that's the only console I own.

Get Boom Blox. I know it looks silly, but it's really fun.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Halo 3 (if you have Xbox live for the online multiplayer), the entire collection of Phoenix Wright games, or Pokemon Platinum.

I highly advise Yoshi's Island for the GBA. It's around $16, has 48 levels plus 12 extra levels (adding up to a total of 60), and is all around one of the best games of all time.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
go out partying you can find one anywhere right now and it's a lot more fun!

but since this is a gaming recommend thread here are a few (warning these might take more or less than 5 days to complete depending on your play style :p ) The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Metroid Prime, (the first one) since you probably like MMO's just go online and get war hammer

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Omis: You specifically mentioned Oblivion, which means you're lookin' for something like that, right? Well...it's a good one, but it's going to take a lot longer than 5 days to beat (unless, of course, you just do the main storyline...but meh). For reference, I had put 70 hours of playtime in the game before I even seriously got started on the main quest and it wasn't for lack of anything else to do, but rather the leveling system is kinda weird so that the higher level you are before you finish the main quest, the harder it is.

Other games similar to that are Fallout 3 and Mass Effect. I was skeptical about Mass Effect until Zero Beat recommended it to me, very strongly a few pages back and now I'm hooked. It's a good game that should take a while.

I know you didn't ask, but the entire Phoenix Wright trilogy is worth the playtime if you haven't done it already. If you really sit down and focus on them and nothing but them, you could probably finish them in the 5 days.

If you're into SRPGs, take a look at the Fire Emblem for the Gamecube, as it's great. If you have a Playstation lying around, it's probably worth it to play through Final Fantasy Tactics if you haven't done so. Either of those games is going to take quite a while of actual playtime though.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm looking for an overwhelmingly sad game.

Not the saddest moment in gaming, but a game which makes you feel desperation, hopelessness, and overwhelming sadness frequently throughout its storyline.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Thanks for the help. Odd that a lot of the games mentioned are horror.

I really don't like the horror genre.

I guess I should have been more specific. I'm looking for a game that gives you a rediculously strong sense of loneliness.

Come to think of it, I'll have to look into Fragile.

Sensai

Smash Master
In that case, I re-recommend Passage. The link's above.

Not horror, but then again, not a long game. It'll impart more feeling in the five minutes than most do in the 50 hours they span.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I rented Fallout 3 because the rental store didnt have a copy of Phoenix Write in stock. Now Im extremely pissed that I rented it. Not that it is a bad game but that it is brilliant. I love this game beyond belief. Ive been playing in near nonstop since I got it. Now Im afraid that Im not going to be able to satisfy myself with the rental and want to buy it. And that sucks because Ive been trying to buy less games lately since Ive been working hard for my cash lately. Oh well hopefully I can finish it and wont regret maybe buying it.

Would I enjoy Oblivion and Mass Effect if I loved Fallout 3? Most people say that those two games are similiar to Fallout and that they are natural progression once you beat or get bored of Fallout.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I would definitely recommend Mass Effect. Everything about that game is fantastic, even though I haven't finished it. :urg:

However, I disliked Oblivion. It's repetitive, which leads to boredom. Plus, I'm not going to ruin it, but there are ways of playing that make it too easy. Also, I thought the leveling system was very unintuitive. That being said, a lot of people like it.

Ultimately, it's up to you, but I would go with Mass Effect rather than Oblivion.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Definitely Mass Effect, but then again it's my favorite western RPG.

So after being skeptic, I tried Falliout 3 and boy, am I glad I did! I have 100+ hours logged into it already and it's so good that it made me buy all 3 DLC's lol. I love it!

Sensai

Smash Master
I played the hell outta Oblivion, which is the game that was made by the Fallout 3 guys before Fallout 3. It's good, but there are a few problems with it. I think it's safe to say that if you liked Fallout 3, you'll like Oblivion.

And I'm actually going through Mass Effect now. It's...really good. The only problem is that it's really complex. There's a _lot_ of **** going on. Which led me to actually start over after about five hours of it the first time. This second time through, I'm reading the codex religiously and understanding it a lot better due to the fact that I know a lot of the subject matter, from having played 5 hours of it before.

I think I'd recommend Mass Effect over Oblivion, which is a big deal for me: I really hate the cliched Space Marine genre, but Mass Effect is really good. Not saying that it's without quirks, but jeah...it's fun.

Plus, you've played Fallout 3. Playing Oblivion would just seem kinda pish-posh now.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
To all Light Housers,
It's an emergency but I trust that the people here can help me solve this problem.
I am in desperate need of a new DS game. I need something I can play from start to finish and it'll take a long time. Be it strategy, or RPG. I just need something to keep me busy this summer, that point I'm at now I feel like I own every good game out there.

Sensai

Smash Master
Phoenix Wright trilogy (!!!!)
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (a link, since it's an old and often overlooked game: http://na.square-enix.com/rocketslime/)
Puzzle Quest (if you haven't played it)
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 3/4
Elite Beat Agents
Yoshi's Island
Tetris DS (probably not what you're looking for, but jeah)
Mario and Luigi RPG games
Daigasso! Band Brothers (if you're an importer)

This is leaving off some of the more obvious choices, such as Nintendo first party games.

Top Bottom