• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you guys do best with Luigi?

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
This popped into my head the other day while playing. A lot of Luigis know how to combo, how to kill, how to make use of Luigi's weaker moves, or how to gimp, but almost every Luigi has their own signature move or tactic that they have down to a science. You know, that one move or combo you do that you land flawlessly, and when you do, your confidence skyrockets. Is it a tauntspike? Or a bunch of aerials strung together and finished with a firepunch?

I've been told what I do best with Luigi is edgeguarding. People say I make it extremely difficult for them to return to the stage, or even reach the ledge because I can read their recoveries well, and I do feel that my edgeguarding game is pretty good. Apart from my mediocre core game, I feel this makes my Luigi more unique.

So the question I ask you Luigi mains, or dudes who just happen to use Luigi, what do you feel you do BEST with Luigi? I'm interested to see which parts of Luigi's metagame people excel in.

Cheers! :)

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I think killing...but i dunno, i'm sorta balanced in everything

Variable

Smash Ace
Probably Aerial combo's, or just over all spacing... A combination of Fireballs, Cyclone, and Jab makes it hard for enemies to approach me.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I am best at doing combos and getting people from 0-60 with reads and pressure. I have been told that my signature combo is a few u tilts then a cyclone while standing still to get all the hits.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I just do cool **** with fireballs and it works. IDK.

And I made people wanna ban Luigi's dthrow.

I also taunt better than you.

Overall I'm pretty much the classic Luigi =V

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
Give our secret away?? Idk... i don't really have a technic/tactic I'm just random when i play. I try to change all style habits so your opponent can't read you.

I guess I'm known for my Misfires lolz
I want to make Luigi's fireball my signature as well as the cyclone move (tornado)
Shoryuken is awsume too hehe

I think what makes a good luigi user is the ability to stay calm and think fast.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
haha, either getting kills at insanely low percents like 50-80 or insanely high percents like 130-150 with nair or upsmash or utilt or whatever XD (i tend to never hit an fsmash at smart people O.o)

also, i tend to mid-air shoryuken ppl that try to edgehog/edgeguard me :)

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
it's not really giving secrets away, it's just to see which parts of Luigi's game different players excel in. I know everyone may think they're just the average weegee, but everyone has their own little twist that makes them more of an individual Luigi.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I would say I'm sub-par at the luigi game, but if I had to say one thing I am sort of good at is landing midair shoryukens. I very rarely try it seriously, but in friendlies I'll throw them out more often.

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
I would say I'm sub-par at the luigi game, but if I had to say one thing I am sort of good at is landing midair shoryukens. I very rarely try it seriously, but in friendlies I'll throw them out more often.
Mid shoryukens are fun!! But idk if they seem that affective when i do it since it LOOKS like it doesn't do a lot of damage, even though you get the K.O. xd.

@Zhao- I understand... I guess : d

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i do HATE the decreased knockback that aerial shoryukens have, though........ and the missing PING sound

Variable

Smash Ace
i do HATE the decreased knockback that aerial shoryukens have, though........ and the missing PING sound
Yeah... It's depressing. The High pitched screaming noise is the best part. Of couse the part where the other player flies off the map is good too. :laugh:

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm pretty balanced, but I think I'm gettting better a pressuring the opponent's shield with aerials while remaining safe.

RoxasDe

Smash Cadet
I use a lot of fire balls to get my enemys guard down. Then I attack......After his percentage is about 50-70 then I do b-Up.
A fun this to do is to use that fan thingy on the enemy for a while then b-up :0

solidxgeo

Smash Cadet
NNID
GeoDude
I Like using Cyclone :) To Get back on the stage, or to Approach if safe enough (: If the last hit connects, it leads to a string of aerials, depending on what they do (Read)

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
people who dont have the pleasure of constant offline practice but still want to learn this game competitively

slash i'm lazy

Top Bottom