• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character has The Best Side-B ?

Splice

Smash Hero
1. ZSS
2. Ganondorf <-- deserves a mention its the only Ganondorf factor ive had any trouble with
3. Rock Smash
4. Game and Watch (see UTD Zac)
5. Marths dancing blade.

Those are my top 5, order might be a bit messed up.

btw if you made the votes on front page go in order of most votes that'd look better and BE better.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I was joking about Captain Falcon having the best side b. Change it to D3 if you would.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Chain locks can do 30-40% in a second or two. Situational, but incredibly effective when it is used well.

Chain guarding (SHing a chain so that the end falls over the edge of the stage) can seriously gimp some characters, and can annoy the majority of the cast. Move it at the right time and it hits them back away from the edge.

There is also the chain jacketing glitch, which can infuse the chain with the damage and knock back of the last move she used. Hard to pull off, but if you get it consistent, it can make chain guarding much more deadly, and can even get a surprise KO if they try to get through the chain and mess up.
I thought chain jacketing was an abandoned tech because, if you don't do it exactly right, it causes the game to freeze?

Rajam

Smash Champion
If Ganon's Choke were on MK or Snake, they would be banned. For MK, Choke>SL and Choke>Dsmash would be guaranteed on everyone, and Snake could Choke>Utilt everyone. (Technically, Wario and Squirtle can sorta avoid it.)

As for staying with the character, I vote Marth. That thing is crazy good.

:034:
Well MK would be also be banned with cape, dancing blade, rock smash, pikmin spam... Snake would be near the ban with a move like that too. Don't get me wrong, Ganon's Choke is amazing. In fact, i think at very high levels of play, Cape, Dancing Blade and Ganon's Choke are the best side b in the game, in that order.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Hey Guys

I want to thank all of you for participating in this Thread.

I will Organize the votes in Order.

ISN'T AN OFFICIAL RANK, IT'S JUST A FUNNY BEST SIDE-B RANK. I WILL FILL ACCORDING THE OPINION OF THE PEOPLE WHO JOINED IN THE DISCUSSION.

Thanks guys !

*Update: I put Most Voted Side-B Topic to facilitate what Character will be put in the Rank. I will fill the Rank soon.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
If You're New In This Thread, No Problem.

Post Your Vote !

I Will Make The Rank When I Have Enough Votes.

jpl315

Smash Apprentice
1. marth
2. zss
3. sheik
4. mario
5. falco

....its a tough choice because certain side specials work well with some movesets and not others....marth's is just excellent in general, the tethers are useful in specific situations as is mario's, but otherwise it's questionable. falco's is great for him, but for many characters it would be much less useful...

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
A randomly exectured Luigi misfire is great :D. But otherwise it sorta sucks....

So Mario's and Marths get my vote, maybe Diddy.

Prawn

Smash Master
Ice Climbers because its their recovery half the time,

/thread.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I would say marth and jigglypuff. Its a great recovery and it easy to hit with if you have any sense of spacing at all.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
*Update: I filled the Best Side-B Rank according all the votes.

New Votes are always Welcome, to keep the Side-B Rank updated.

Thanks for Those who participated in the vote.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I still say mario deserved that win.
The cape is to great.
I prefer Mario's Cape than Marth's Dancing Blade, but I filled according the votes, I Honored the Laws.

If new members vote in Mario's Cape, the Cape can be the First according the votes and Updates.

I'm always avaliable to Update my Thread.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I thought chain jacketing was an abandoned tech because, if you don't do it exactly right, it causes the game to freeze?
Actually, if you do it right, it causes the game to freeze. However, this is only in the early stages of a game, and if you do a certain number of moves before you use the chain jacketing, it has no problems. It has mostly been abandoned because of how situational the chain is normally, and the precise timing required make it more fuss than it is worth most of the time.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Mario all the way. The cape is ****. lol Marth's..Why is Marth's above Bowser's and Charizard's? Both reptiles do more damage with theirs(zard doing nearly 3x as much..) and one of them is a grab/airgrab with similar range

gallax

Smash Hero
i voted marth's side-b because it is part of the crux of his game. without the DB marth wouldnt be nearly as good as he is in the tier list. the DB makes marth a viable ground fighter.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Mario all the way. The cape is ****. lol Marth's..Why is Marth's above Bowser's and Charizard's? Both reptiles do more damage with theirs(zard doing nearly 3x as much..) and one of them is a grab/airgrab with similar range
First DK matchup ratios and now this...
Sometimes I wonder if you only look at the percent gauge of anything when you argue something.

Marth's DB, honestly, kills stale moves, can kill pretty well, one of the best punish moves in the game, decent damage, pretty safe, helps a bit with recovery, mad fast.

Bowser's is pretty underrated imo though, good stuff especially how many don't keep on their toes.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Marth hands down has the best Side/Over B. (non biased answer)
I really and truly hope that you're kidding.

Dancing Blade is cute and all, but in comparison to Rock Smash and Klaw, it falls short. Top 5, obvious, but not the best.

Prawn

Smash Master
You guys don't seem to notice that side b is VITAL to the Ice Climbers RECOVERING.

that makes it the best.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
1. Ness - pkfire
2. Ness - pkfire
3. Ness - pkfire
4. Ness - pkfire
5. Ness - pkfire

.... but really

1. Ness - PK Fire
2. Kirby - AERIAL Hammer
3. Mario - Cape
4. DK - Head Pound thing
5. Ganon - FACE MELTER!!! (i don't know what it's called, but it's awesome and useful)

Sulfur

Smash Apprentice
I'm biased, but Zard's Rock Smash is so **** useful. 43%? Holy shiat. Not only that but it comes out super fast and is one of the best spot dodge, airdodge punishers in the game. This move pretty much makes charizard. Can't really say that about to many character's side b's haha. At least Marth has SH aerials that have similar purposes.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
1. Ness - pkfire
2. Ness - pkfire
3. Ness - pkfire
4. Ness - pkfire
5. Ness - pkfire

.... but really

1. Ness - PK Fire
2. Kirby - AERIAL Hammer
3. Mario - Cape
4. DK - Head Pound thing
5. Ganon - FACE MELTER!!! (i don't know what it's called, but it's awesome and useful)
Gerudo/Choke.

I'm biased, but Zard's Rock Smash is so **** useful. 43%? Holy shiat. Not only that but it comes out super fast and is one of the best spot dodge, airdodge punishers in the game. This move pretty much makes charizard. Can't really say that about to many character's side b's haha. At least Marth has SH aerials that have similar purposes.
Yeah, agreed. I still can't believe people aren't realizing this is the best.

*looks at avatar*

>.> <.<
Judgment is an awful move.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
I really and truly hope that you're kidding.

Dancing Blade is cute and all, but in comparison to Rock Smash and Klaw, it falls short. Top 5, obvious, but not the best.
I really and truly hope that you're the one kidding

Dancing blade is the best side B in the game, and easily one of the best moves in the game
Three dancing blades in a row and the rest of your moveset is fresh, which is actually really easy to pull off.
I'm not gonna elaborate more, i dont need to waste my time, just putting my vote out there :)

Top Bottom