• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character does Samus fear the most?

JOLT143

Smash Apprentice
Missiles are not all of samus's strength. She has great comboes on floaties such as peach, marth, and sheik. SHe can also use grab comboes on the spacies. To beat a campy falco, just learn to powershield decent enough. I have found that rolling works if they aren't moving with the lasers. As marth, wait for the laggy attack, such as F-Smash, and then wavedash to a forward smash. What i found works on noobish people who just shield misiles, and this is for all characters, you missile and run with your missile, they shield, you grab and start a combo. Just some advice
I didn't say all, I said alot. Missles are how I set up alot of my combos which makes marths very hard for me. Just about anyone can have trouble with someone as cheap as marth.

BoneMachine

Smash Rookie
Any caracter with a reflective counter (i.e. Capes or Shines) can be a pretty big threat to Samus. I've also noticed that Jiggs can be a pretty good foil, many of her attacks can destroy missiles, she can float out and screw up your bomb jump and make it safely back to the stage, she can crouch under missiles, etc.

Children_of_Bodom

Smash Cadet
I used to find Fox very difficult, but everyone around me began playing Fox so he became a bit easier. I still find Falco and Jigglypuff to be some of the harder characters for me though, mostly because I don't get much practice against them so when one comes along I have to change all my mindgames so fit them.

mffns

Smash Cadet
Marth is a pretty hard matchup, but its definately not the hardest. The hardest for sure is sheik, well, a good sheik. Sheiks can needle you or your bombs to completely mess up your recoveries, and her forward air can probably beat you in any air combat.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
actually, a lot of shiek's aerials can beat samus is her air combat

marth is up there, but not really
the match-ups mostly depend on the skill of the opponent, and usually, shieks don't have to be as good as you to be able to beat the samus u play. As long as they are close to ur skill level

3Years

Smash Lord
actually, a lot of shiek's aerials can beat samus is her air combat

marth is up there, but not really
the match-ups mostly depend on the skill of the opponent, and usually, shieks don't have to be as good as you to be able to beat the samus u play. As long as they are close to ur skill level
yeah thats true it also depends on the way the opponent plays

BoneMachine

Smash Rookie
It definitely depends on opponent playstyle. Marth is only a counter if you allow him to get close for long amounts of time. If you use bombs properly and mix up seeker missiles, smash missiles, and different levels of the charge shot you can keep him on his toes and rush in for a few strong attacks until he gets his bearings. Then, you can just go back to projectile tactics for a bit and repeat the process. Same goes for most projectile free oponents (C. Falcon can be tricky becayse of his speed).

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
IMO, Shiek, Marth, Jiggs

Shiek's darts>Missles, Charge Shot, Bombs. Plus, it's hard to hit Shiek out of her recovery.
Marth destroys projectiles with aerials and tilts and his range and air game is unparalleled.
Jiggs is too floaty to be comboed by Samus. Aerial manuvering helps dodge projectiles. Samus is easily rested.

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
Fox because he's fast and you cant shoot stuff against him because of his reflector. I don't find Marth or Shiek as hard as him.

Rat

Smash Lord
I would definitely say my least favorite match-up is Samus. She is a crouch-canceling w****. Then she missiles your recovery? wtf. Her dash attack has crazy priority, the stupid grapple seems to work even if I anticipate and spot dodge, and everytime I hit her shield, I get screw attacked. I seriously hate fighting against that *****.

AIDS

Smash Lord
marth is not that bad, sheik is scary! as samus, so is falco a bit, lasers/needles own....mainly needles
fox i find the easiest match up strangly lol

BoneMachine

Smash Rookie
my hatred is jiggly puff -_-
As it should be. Jiggly is a great counter for Samus. She's short and can just duck missiles. She has strong attacks with bit hitboxes that can destroy many projectiles. Her shortness can also help her avoid many of Samus's close range attack. That little ball of pink just has all the right things to be great against Samus.

Watty

Smash Lord
u cant kill her its a long match its hard, its about patients if u dont have it u will lose, Samus with fighting peach

AIDS

Smash Lord
OK Maybe Falco!
Does anyone know what he's capable of?
lol im telling you guys samus woul mostly hate Shiek, Falco, not really **** -_- it is just a boring long match, jusy like peach! but mainly Sheik and Falco! they destroy your amazing revovery and have combo's that are like **** sauce on you!

AIDS

Smash Lord
I would definitely say my least favorite match-up is Samus. She is a crouch-canceling w****. Then she missiles your recovery? wtf. Her dash attack has crazy priority, the stupid grapple seems to work even if I anticipate and spot dodge, and everytime I hit her shield, I get screw attacked. I seriously hate fighting against that *****.
lol yes, i know your pain, it just takes #1 good spacing #2 good in general, know her moves, or #3 play sheik! lol trust me, it took until i mained samus before i could vs her well, for one thing edge hog as she used her grapple and she will have a section of time after she comes up and doesn't grab the edge and there is lag, she is stuck, little stuff like that to understand, who do you main?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I still don't see how gannon is such a samus killer... ftilt destroys him. homing misslies force him to dodge or uair. and after you hit him off the edge with a tilt he is dead period. sweet spot your grapple you are set. If Gdorf is Uairing off stage and killing you I hate you! (Dodge, wait till he is past you grapple beam)

Falcon. Falcons have always been a huge issue for me. they are so fast nair goes throw missles so they aren't a strong keep away option and he can combo you to at least an edge guard if any of his aerials connect.I was watching hugs play some falcon at some point trying to learn the match up, he ftilted them into submission... I wish I could do that.

Marths are demons too. perfect marths are exceptionally hard to approach.

And... jiggs. I haven't played a jiggs that can do what I imagine jiggs doing, but jiggly has very high horizontal movement speed in the air and crazy priority (not that you need any priority verus samus' projectiles) but yeah she can attack through projectiles into you and is fast enough to take advantage of missed tilts... in theory.

I also have trouble with falcos, but I still can't upB out of shield well...

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff aint bad. It's all about just not letting her in your grill. Neither is Ganon. You just can't afford to make too many mistakes against him. Samus doesn't exactly have an OMG counter!!! She just has a slight disadvantage against everyone above her on the tier list except IC. Shiek is a ***** though.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Samus can't beat a perfectly spaced marth. Ever. I'd love to see any samus beat FastLikeTree's marth or Mew2Kings >_>.

Falcons though Samus CAN beat...>_>..It's just really really really hard.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Samus can't beat a perfectly spaced marth. Ever. I'd love to see any samus beat FastLikeTree's marth or Mew2Kings >_>.

Falcons though Samus CAN beat...>_>..It's just really really really hard.
No kidding? ...So whose worse; Shiek or Marth?

Zzanitari

Smash Rookie
I'd have to say Ganon, fox, and Falco(sometimes Shiek). Ganon does not fall fast and he gets annoying sometimes to knock out and his attacks are strong as hell.

And I saw a post about Samus' projectiles being useless against Mario, Dr. Mario, Fox, etc. and I disagree. You can trick the hell out of people using missiles and beams! Play with their heads!!! And plus you can use your shield to bring it right back at them!

AIDS

Smash Lord
sometimes sheik? lmao samus vs marth is almost even, slight advantage, link can be hard, its hard to get by his boomerang and lay down a missle and get a good aproach, but i would say sheik is the one who rips through samus all the way! she is such a hard charecter to fight as samus

mach5

Smash Journeyman
i agree with hugs. marth just has that spacing power. if the samus doesn't have enough spacing its basically over. Shiek isn't that hard. crouch cancel works with ALL of shieks moves except downsmash. but for marth sometimes its hard to just land an attack since the range is outmatched and if it is in range your asking to be tipper'd

Rat

Smash Lord
Devil's advocate here.

Marth is a great match-up! This is because samus' strengths coincide with and override marths advantages.

Samus Strength 1:
Samus's ability to recover and take punishment.

Marth Strength 1:Crazy edgeguarding and comboing like a fiend.

Samus: 2
Marth: -57

Marth Strength 2:
Out space, out control, and punish most everything samus has.

Samus Strength 2:
She is a tank. Think of Samus like Rocky. Does he block? Yes with his HEAD. And does that stop him from taking another punch to the face? No. So you run in there and DashA, again!

Samus: 2 + Balboa Spirit (+72) = 74
Marth: -57 + Domination (+72) = 15

Marth Strength 3:
Most of marth's moves send Samus into the air. Putting Samus in a position above marth.

Samus Strength 3:
Bombs. Is marth below you? What better place to use the superior mobility granted from bombing? No where. But what is marth just waits and punishes the lag of your bombs? Well 1) stop being a noob and get some mindgames (obviously) and 2) I already covered that in strength 1 and 2.

Marth: 15 + y=mx+b = 85.9999999
Samus 74 - Bomb crazies (-12) = 86

So it's down to the wire....

Marth Strength 4:
Marth has an amazing aerial game, but also he has a great grabbing game.

Samus Strength 4:
Not only can Samus shield all of Marth's attacks (Broken right there) but she can spam spot dodge to own marths grabs (yep too good!)

Marth: 85.9999 + Top tier = 100
Samus: 86 + Shield and spot dodge = Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems pretty clear who the winner is.

Top Bottom