• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character does Samus fear the most?

Alex13

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't really use Samus nearly as much as I used to... but whenever I play her I usually fear Ian's Marth the most, so I guess that's it. Or his Fox.

CyberSamus

Smash Cadet
Um...Somethimes Fox or Marth. Mostly Marth.
Or that Captain Falcon or Ganon who keeps using Up-B on you! :mad:

audreyh

Smash Ace
congratulations on being the first person to fear ganon's up-b. yay.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Unless he gets you in the air, but I think falco that does nothing but spams lasers, and then comes in for shine comboes, does a good job at making things hard for samus.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I think people who actually know stuff about samus died. I dont think they post anymore. Maybe its cause the info in these threads is pointless.

The Triscut

Smash Rookie
I tend to fear fox the most because I have little practice against him and he is fast and good at countering long range, but a good mario/ dr.M is also difficult.

narj

Smash Rookie
mario is faster than samus and samus bomb and missiles are uselees against any oponnet

co_and_me

Smash Lord
yes because he has a cape your projectiles are absolutly worthless. You might as well quite playing samus cause so many people counter you with their releftor. I mena fox falco mario doc ness all have a reflector. Not to mention every character can powersheild. Although some do have smaller sheilds and its harder to time. But yeah again you would quite playing samus cause you can use projectiles and if you cant use them why not play marth.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
For reflectors and cape: learn2powershield

Like come on, Samus can send it back to them after they reflect it, and at first it is totally unexpected.

EDIT: It is not my fault just because you can't do it. If they send it back at you, you CAN send it back. Make them afraid to reflect it, so they will just avoid them. I have Samus's afraid to shoot anything at me, because I CAN POWERSHIELD.

I say again learn2powershield.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, I am sure I saw it somewhere, plus the fact that Marths don't bother me too much.

The characters probably are:
Sheik
Captain Falcon
Marth
Ganondorf
Falco (to a smaller degree)

Marth does well against Samus on the ground, being able to cut through the missles, but does poorly in the air. He doesn't have a very good recovery, so Samus can own him there. Practically one missle and he is done.

Also learn2search. I hate posting in topics where are are already topics for. I think, people don't actually want information, they just want to make a thread just to make a thread, which is stupid.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=50792&page=1&highlight=Samus+counters
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=53421&page=1&highlight=Samus+counters

Crashmania said:
this is why we don't talk about canada
That's why you have 3 warnings. And I don't know who 'we' is, but you can't live without Canada or will live much poorer than you do now.

Crashmania

Smash Journeyman
actually i should have no warning, it told me that they expired. not sure whats up with that :dizzy:
anyway canada sucks
except chester and pkm, they're pretty cool

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll put this in a rough order from worst matchup to best.

Marth: A defensive marth is hard to beat. Youll have to beat him in a very boring fashion. Thats right, camp him out. Let him mess up, spam his fair, nair whatever he wants. Wait for the opening, but if he fsmashed your shield, WD out and dsmash. Against grab happy/dd characters like marth, refrain from using the lag moves. a lot of tilts, and DD urself a bit to mess up his spammy-ness. Combos work on marth to a limited extent, 2 maybe 3 aerials, but dont try anything to fancy he will just fair you away. own him on the edgeguard, if he overshoots up B, ftilt angled down to knock him away. that should do it.

Ganon: Beats samus with range and edgeguarding is very good with ganon against samus. Contrary to popular belief, missle do not own a good ganon. Ganon can be comboed, so this is not a one way fight, but once again, ganon only needs a few hits to beat samus. And once youre off the edge, fear a good ganons edgeguard. for ur own edgeguard, uptilt works, his up B has land lag enough to own him.

sheik: honestly people have a hard time with sheik but its hte same deal as falcon. sheik beat samus in her lag, i.e. dsmash of samus, grabs of sheik, slap of sheil. dont do laggy stuff. they will just harass you with grabs, and stupid hits and eventually youre at high damage and go flying around. sheik once again gets owned on recovery. her up and B is easy to predict. if youre edgehogging, jump back on the level when shes doing the poof part. dsmash or fsmash accordingly. ledge hog again, rinse and repeat.

Falcon: Falcon is fast, simply put. Nothing laggy, if you miss a dsmash youre getting kneed. If you miss a fsmash youre getting grabbed. case in point, miss anything laggy and get owned. dont jump out of dthrow everytime, key point. you will get kneed. try to just DI down or even air dodge the followup knee. umm edgeguard owns him, utilt him or if needed, let him back on with his upB, it has bad land lag and you can come up fast enough to hit him back out with fsmash or dsmash, or charge shot even? lol edgehog to jump charge shot works on mostly everyone. maybe not jiggly or peach i guess.

falco: i just post this because most people have a hard time with falco. the thing is, falco will beat you in damage. dont try to fight him by landing the hits more than he does. camp him out slightly, dont be a statue though. let him rush you, then if he gets too close you can up B him, or often through platforms theyll dair down through, so WD space urself and dsmash/fsmash. basically, get them off the edge. nair beats forwardB and backkick is easy to place on up B. nair also trades with upB usually, uptilt also works if you dont have time to go out there and own him. they might tech it though. if you see the falco jumping evenly with the stage, put a nair in their way, and its done. Oh yeah, upthrow him to sex kick or back kick. If they DI behind you, youre in luck, a sweetspot backkick owns. time to edgeguard.

fox is a good character, but his lack of laser lockdown on samus holds him back. a good fox can beat a samus, but a non pro fox should lose.

lemme know if i skipped someone.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Crashmania said:
actually i should have no warning, it told me that they expired. not sure whats up with that :dizzy:
anyway canada sucks
except chester and pkm, they're pretty cool
Warnings stick with you forever, only warning levels disappear.

Canada is just slow, chesterr01 and pkmvodka are pretty good, only because they are in the Quebec area where the smashing scene evolved sooner.

But, have you ever though of this: Maybe right now, they ARE Canada, therefore
Canada does not suck.

Crashmania

Smash Journeyman
nono canada as a whole sucks, theres just a few exceptions
just like how the power rangers suck except for the hot pink one
or how the noble gases suck except for krypton

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Crashmania said:
nono canada as a whole sucks, theres just a few exceptions
just like how the power rangers suck except for the hot pink one
or how the noble gases suck except for krypton
Wow, it is like arguing with a child who only keeps saying "Yuh-huh!".

You obviously don't know anything about what you are talking about, only a member for 4 months.

However, I do live in Canada, and play these people, and let me just tell you that you are wrong. There are other people who contend with chesterr01 and pkmvodka, but you obviously wouldn't know.

McD

Smash Journeyman
One of the Characters Samus Should fear is C.F...just cause his over b goes under the missles...

McD

Smash Journeyman
Oh and Ganondorf...actually he should be more feird but still...they both can go under the missles...so watch out for that

Watty

Smash Lord
co_and_me said:
I think people who actually know stuff about samus died. I dont think they post anymore. Maybe its cause the info in these threads is pointless.
amen man, i check this like once a week see that there is nothing helpful, EVERYTHING you people are tlaking about was talked about a long time ago.

mCd CF should be feared because of the over b????? wtf!!! falcon should be feared for the fact that his moves gfive amazing knock back his forward air goes through missles and he can come out off the stage and kill u

falco laser spamming is hard.

marth that knows wtf he is doing aka husband

peach that knows what they are doing aka wife

foxes dontr eally counter samus that well

i hate the samus boards now and co_and_me said the reason why

The Bino

Smash Lord
narj said:
mario is faster than samus and samus bomb and missiles are uselees against any oponnet
the bombs and missiles are useless against any opponent?
you must be on some serious crack cuz if you use these projectiles they will lead into massive amounts of mind games and combos

MegaKirby9

Smash Apprentice
If there is a bright center to the Universe, I'm i
I'm on the other side of the spectrum here. My friend uses Samus every once in while and does unusually well against my Marth, who's my 2nd best character. I can't do much w/ Ice Climbers or Sheik for some reason, but w/ Fox, Falco, and Peach I usually own him. Otherwise, I sometimes find that the best counter for Samus is herself...

homsar

Smash Ace
Link is deadlt against samus. He has the proctiles forcing you to get close to do damage. Then when your close he has that godly up B. Also, if you CC him he just grabs you.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i hate marth, the sword goes through anyhting
sheik's aren't a problem except if the needle didn't cancel out a fully charged B, one needle is all it takes
i hate zelda's...don't know why i just do

spud

Smash Apprentice
I play Samus as my main charector and most of my problems come from my friends Link. The grab combos destroy me and any hope I have for winning.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really concerned over Link or Marth, despite the fact that they can be quite formidable. The main threat comes from Falco and Fox, being capable of fully neutralising Charge Beams and missiles, two of Samus' important special attacks. They are beatable, but they are very capable of outmanoevuring you, and with Samus being a little sluggish by comparison, they aren't particularly easy to counter with her.

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
co_and_me said:
Have you all ever wondered where Fleur de Lis went? I went out and decided to learn things firsthand, rather than relying on the insufficient info on the forums. Seriously, 99% of these topics are like common sense to me after attending tournies. I don't mean to be overly negative, but here's the best advice on any character you'll ever read on the forums: Obtaining skill means practice with lots of other people that are better than you so you eventually become better than them. This "which character do you fear" is worthless. Sorry.

G U R U

Smash Lord
lol fox is cake for samus.

i'd prolly say Falco for the most part cus he will SHB spam and spike u and even samus can't recover from that. Peach sometimes can also be a problem cus if she screws up ur bomb jumping with her turnips then ur dead and her d-smash will alot of the times hit u off the stage and u will be backwards making it impossible to grapple the stage.

Rouse

Smash Journeyman
I play Sheik and Marth, and my friend plays Samus. If i play Sheik he's afraid and if i play Marth i'm afraid. So, yeah Samus players should fear Sheik, but they should also fear young Link and other Samus's. This is because young link is so **** fast he can get the hits in befroe you can launch your projectiles, and other Samus players 'cause they know all the moves you can use (obviously) and how to counter them.
:)

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Uber_Mage said:
lol fox is cake for samus.

i'd prolly say Falco for the most part
I was going to write exactly that. Sheik and marth also present Samus with a good challenge, with their speed, range, and ability to negate projectiles. The marios also fall under this category, since a good one can employ a cape/projectile game to force samus to brawl.

Anyone Samus who is afraid of fox isn't shooting enough homing missiles and not utilizing her tilts properly.

Top Bottom