• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character does Samus fear the most?

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Fleur de Lis said:
Have you all ever wondered where Fleur de Lis went? I went out and decided to learn things firsthand, rather than relying on the insufficient info on the forums. Seriously, 99% of these topics are like common sense to me after attending tournies. I don't mean to be overly negative, but here's the best advice on any character you'll ever read on the forums: Obtaining skill means practice with lots of other people that are better than you so you eventually become better than them. This "which character do you fear" is worthless. Sorry.
after that post why is it that this topic isn't dead? :psycho:
but marth really is annoying Ithink.
Fleur, not everyone has that many opponents and tournemants in the neighbourhood, and it isn't that I wouldn't travel it is that there are so little. :(

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
IMO when a fox and falco who are both good and playing a good samus, the falco should lose and fox should win. So i disagree with you guys i guess.

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
All right I know form exp. that Ganon is the best against Samus. Now Im not saying this cuz Im a Ganon player I am saying this cuz I have seen enough battles that Ganon is the Only character that can kill Samus in 5 hits or less. Ganon Rocks Samus's world.

Alex13

Smash Journeyman
I disagree with you entirely. Ganon can kill anyone in five hits or less. Samus is so much faster than Ganon and really has an advantage over him. Ganon's recovery is lacking, giving Samus a huge edge. I don't know about you but when I play Ganon's as Samus, they're completely helpless.

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
Then U havent played any good Ganon's latley cuz when I watch a match like that or play a match against Samus, Samus always get owned. If u actually play a good Ganon player u will have a hellza of a hard time against him. He can edge gaurd like nobodys biznas, and he can recover from almost anything. U can also make him very fast. People fring when they have to play me but I fring at alot of people too, cuz u can make him fast but against someone like a sheik or c. falcon Thats where that really trouble come into play for me. Looking at all that I said make Gonon Own Samus.

mathos

Smash Champion
Falco > Samus, the lasers shut down everything.

Ganon > Samus, whats the point of good recover if the knockback is ridiculous

Marth > Samus, only if they know how to play against a Samus spam

CF > Samus, if they know how to dodge the missle

All of these are assuming the Samus uses the missle as much as they normally do. That is if they don't use the missle these strats don't matter, or make sense.

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
True my good man, See if u go to tournies where ME(darkcobra), Dmac, Dragon, or Eddie will be, u will c ganon own the place. Sometime look at some Videos os Dmac or Eddie. They r to good.

Gea

Smash Master
Alot of those matches where you say Samus is at a disadvantage depends on the stage. Like Samus/Ganon FD is a different story.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Wiithos said:
Falco > Samus, the lasers shut down everything.

Ganon > Samus, whats the point of good recover if the knockback is ridiculous

Marth > Samus, only if they know how to play against a Samus spam

CF > Samus, if they know how to dodge the missle

All of these are assuming the Samus uses the missle as much as they normally do. That is if they don't use the missle these strats don't matter, or make sense.
samus has no fear vs falco ...counter pick a small platform stage to buffer the laser spam and pillar shine combo... avoid falcos down air, punish falcos sucky recovery ftw gg falco

samus has no fear vs marth ... counter pick a big stage...use range...try to eliminate situation where u can be knocked off the edge...if you are then use mind games to keep the marth from knowing how you will get back on and if he does know air dodge his fsmash, or dair, or fair in an attempt to edgegaurd you. samus's wave dash is long enough to dodge alot of marths ariels ftw gg marth

samus has no fear vs captian falcon... watch out for the knee! learn the players grab patterns
and evade accordingly. samus can get some good combos on him practice on a lv 1 falcon. use range but dont forget falcon can be in your face instantly. utilt his recovery ftw gg falcon

samus has no fear vs ganondorf... dont trade hits with him dont let him hit you much... combo him use range his recovery can easily be uptilted ftw gg ganon and gg darkcobra ^_^ me him have our good days and bad days hahaha...

samus has no fear vs marios... basicly if u trade hits with them your recovery will own there recovery ftw gg marios

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
Ganon is the perfect match for samus and u know it storm. I ownz ur samus everyday, and u know it, quit calling john. The other r really good against samus.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I'd say samus' only real counters are Sheik and Falco, regardless of stage. The needles and lasers are worse than any other projectile for her since Falco's basically just stop her from shooting missiles nearly as much as she would normally, and if she jumps or rolls from the lasers to get by, she's at the disadvantage because falco can punish both. And if the samus can powershield really well, then the falco will just take it close range, where he can combo samus far more easily than she can him. The fact that whether she's below him or above him and the dair or bair outprioritize just about any attack mean that she can't easily get out of combos if the Falco knows when to end it, and when going to trade hits, which is usually beneficial to samus, and moreso against falco than others, her attacks usually don't go through.

Sheik is similar, but can be combo'd pretty well by samus and sheik is at a major disadvantage when above samus. The biggest problem is that samus gets combo'd pretty easy, projectiles are so easily destroyed by needles and those same needles ruin her recovery completely about half the time. Regardless of whether there are platforms or not, Sheik can just tilt, grab, and edgeguard samus at her leisure. I'd say even if they aren't true counters (as HugS says samus has no counters), they're most assuredly her hardest matchups.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I would mostly agree with DarkCobra. I feel like I can out live falco and marth. You can try to get a low % kill on those two. But with ganon you have such a hard time getting a low percent kill. Its hard to get him off the ledge and even then he does have a good recovery.

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
Thanx man, Ganon is hard to kill and can almost come back from anything. He doesnr get KO'd(if used by a good person) Till about 120-150%. If u can dodge all of everyone alses attacks then he is pretty much unstoppable.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Everyone with a reflect, mario, doc, fox, falco, everyone else is easy cuz u can run away and just spam missiles and your charge beam.

^^
That is what most of you guys sound like. Throw some actual logic and reasoning behind your thought or this might as well be a list of characters.

The only charcater I have any isue with is Marth, good marths can put tons of presure on you and always be outside of your range. THis means missles, charge beams (if you can charge them) etc. won't be coming out, and when playing a good marth with nice spacing you also realize bombs mean nothing (not so fun for me, heh) An agresive marth with good distancing is a demon. -__-

Now Gannondorf is one of the main people I've played against with my samus literally for years straight and though I can't say it's a walk in the breeze match I'm near positive he isn't a counter. yeah, sure he hits hard and has very nice recovery, you can speed him up well and out range and out priorities most of sam's move, but Samus has this one you as well. Gannondorf is extremely easy to edge gaurd, he has to come above the stage just to grab, you can edge gaurd him with a Fsmash if you are in the mood. Once he is off the stage there is very little reason he should make it back...
Well placed bombs, I've also found, really slow him down, they screw over an approch and allow for you to make the advance. I've never had any issue with a gannon over whelming me, period.

If anything it's an even match up, but like I've said Gdorf can't just walk up to sam and force her into situations where he is on top like say C.Falc, marth, or shiek, but hey, I could be wrong here though, I may just need to play some higher level smash.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I dont think bombs really do much against ganon. He can fair through them and reverse upair through them. I bet his dair doesnt get messed up from them either.

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
Ya I have played some really good Samus players and they all say that Ganon is hard to play, because he can walk staight though all of her attacks. Look at this a missle here a charge shot there, ya they might hit him more than not but he can throw it of like nothing happend and continue his attack. Look at all the good Ganon playerz like Eddie or Dmac and u will c wut i mean. Shoot I have even gotten alot better since I have played better Samus's like Echo, but they all say Ganon is hard to play and he is a very good counter to her. She gets KO'd at about 80-90% against Ganon, he gets KO'd at about 120-150% against almost anybody, not good odds I say but hey thats my opinion.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Co, I use bombs weird. XD
When spacing them (bombs) right a Gannon who wants to shfflc through them is open to a grab or a ftilt which can combo into other things.

And Dark, if you are playing samuses who believe missles and charge beams are enough to stop you... they arn't "Really good".
I mean Yes, Samus can be killed at lower %s (80, 90 without proper DI on smaller stages), and Gannon is almost as heavy as her and can sometimes need 120%+ for a kill, but the same goes for DK and Bower, and how many people do you hear crying about them?

Yes obviously Gannon has his pros, decent range, priority, weight and recovery, but I still don't see him as a flat out counter.

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
well then we will have to play sometime to show u that Ganon is a true counter cuz i have played many battles against Samus and watch many of these battles and Ganon is the clear counter. Just try me and u will c if we ever meet.

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
Peach tends to be difficult. Once you get hit by a turnip trying to bomb jump back towards the cliff, you can't bomb jump again unless you fall quite a way down and then start bomb jumping again. Marth isn't really a problem for me, its just that my bro is way better than me so he can just kill me, but not because he is marth. He does that with his falco too. I hope that in SSBB they change the characteristics of shine. That would be awesome.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Ganondorf... if you think about it, he's not much slower than Samus, and it's tough to grab people with Samus (which is how I normally beat my SHFFL spamming ganondorf friend). That darn Fair is soooooooooo strong...

Mars-

Smash Champion
Pichu .

EDIT: <3 I'm sorry to say, but ganon does counter samus. If you ask any good ganon like Eddie and Captain Awesome about what to do in that matchup, they will say the best thing a samus player can do is switch characters.

Watty

Smash Lord
ganon has a slight advantage vs samus depending on style of play and stage.

peach, sheik, and falcon are samus hardest match ups every1 else i thinks he can hold her own against

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I think I posted awhile ago, but to mostly agree with Watty and state my updated thoughts:

• Sheik
• Ganondorf
• Captain Falcon

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I fear doctor..

I dont use samus..

Peace

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
I don't like doc either. His dsmash comes out real quick and has good priority and range, his dash attack hits so low you can't shield it a lot of times, cape is gey, it doesn't even take timing, it can hit his nose and it'll still bounce back, and pills.

Ganon, Shiek, and well spaced Marth's are my other hardest match-ups.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I have EXTREME problems with Marth. He wipes me away. Next comes Captain Falcon, but his problems aren't as annoying as falco or shiek with their stunning, spamming projectiles.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, Falcon, jiggs maybe a good ganon and Link is a lil hard...

Redragon

Top Bottom