• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character does Samus fear the most?

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
They're also a problem for her projectiles. She can out-camp Samus thanks to them. One needle hitting a fully charged beam shot = lol.

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
Devil's advocate here.

Marth is a great match-up! This is because samus' strengths coincide with and override marths advantages.

Samus Strength 1:
Samus's ability to recover and take punishment.

Marth Strength 1:Crazy edgeguarding and comboing like a fiend.

Samus: 2
Marth: -57

Marth Strength 2:
Out space, out control, and punish most everything samus has.

Samus Strength 2:
She is a tank. Think of Samus like Rocky. Does he block? Yes with his HEAD. And does that stop him from taking another punch to the face? No. So you run in there and DashA, again!

Samus: 2 + Balboa Spirit (+72) = 74
Marth: -57 + Domination (+72) = 15

Marth Strength 3:
Most of marth's moves send Samus into the air. Putting Samus in a position above marth.

Samus Strength 3:
Bombs. Is marth below you? What better place to use the superior mobility granted from bombing? No where. But what is marth just waits and punishes the lag of your bombs? Well 1) stop being a noob and get some mindgames (obviously) and 2) I already covered that in strength 1 and 2.

Marth: 15 + y=mx+b = 85.9999999
Samus 74 - Bomb crazies (-12) = 86

So it's down to the wire....

Marth Strength 4:
Marth has an amazing aerial game, but also he has a great grabbing game.

Samus Strength 4:
Not only can Samus shield all of Marth's attacks (Broken right there) but she can spam spot dodge to own marths grabs (yep too good!)

Marth: 85.9999 + Top tier = 100
Samus: 86 + Shield and spot dodge = Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems pretty clear who the winner is.
lol at balboa spirit and y=mx+b

lol.

dgtsamus15

Smash Rookie
I hate playing against marth with samus because marth's range is really far and he gets priority too. so even if i pressed a button first before he does marth gets the hit not me...

AIDS

Smash Lord
They're also a problem for her projectiles. She can out-camp Samus thanks to them. One needle hitting a fully charged beam shot = lol.
Sheik to camp can only needle at a certain range a decent triangle, or else the straight line on the ground, and it is not that usefull, only thing a good sheik would do is needle grab, or needle your recovery, but sheiks needle spam is not good, her needles are good for mindgaming her jumps though, in cases like charging needles as you jump and cancle to a Fair or somthing, but sheiks spam is not greater then Spamus Spam

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
It’s true that Samus can more easily get around Sheik’s ground needles on stages with platforms. But on say FD, Samus almost always has to be the one approaching. Even if she fires a missile above Sheik’s ground needles, it’s no problem for Sheik to f-tilt it or crouch under it. And even when you use platforms to escape Sheik’s needles, it’s not always in Samus’s best interest to be above Sheik.

I know Samus’s missiles have plenty of uses against Sheik, but if Samus is the one who has to do the approaching, then who is really the better spammer? Yes, the needles aren’t going to cause loads of damage by themselves, but they help turn Samus into the one who has to approach.

AIDS

Smash Lord
It’s true that Samus can more easily get around Sheik’s ground needles on stages with platforms. But on say FD, Samus almost always has to be the one approaching. Even if she fires a missile above Sheik’s ground needles, it’s no problem for Sheik to f-tilt it or crouch under it. And even when you use platforms to escape Sheik’s needles, it’s not always in Samus’s best interest to be above Sheik.

I know Samus’s missiles have plenty of uses against Sheik, but if Samus is the one who has to do the approaching, then who is really the better spammer? Yes, the needles aren’t going to cause loads of damage by themselves, but they help turn Samus into the one who has to approach.
yes, highly agree and understood, but samus must also try to keep ground controll aswell, aproaching from above against sheik is not the smartest thing lol, and it is plenty hard on a stage with no platforms, but over allonce you get in, you must keep sontroll, dont leave a huge space between you and sheik. stay close enough that you do not need to go through that tourcher again!, use your invincabbility frames wisly when you come back to life.

AIDS

Smash Lord
I think Samus' Worst 5 are these:
1) Marth
2) Falcon
3) Peach
4) Sheik
5) Fox
In that order o.O.
no way! sheik 4th, i find fox is a ok fight, not that hard
1 Sheik
2 Falcon
3 Marth
4 Peach (cause it is so boring you might fall asleep and loose)
5 i dunno, maybe falco?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Heck no =O @ EPIC

Space animals are not that bad, Sheik is not the worst, but I guess Marth and Peach should be on that list.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Heck no =O @ EPIC

Space animals are not that bad, Sheik is not the worst, but I guess Marth and Peach should be on that list.
i agree, what do u think of my post above? falco can be somewhat dificult, but i can't think of anyone for 5, fox vs samus is my fav match up. but what do you think?

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
Well, here's why I put it like I did:
1) Marth - 1 word, sword.
2) Falcon - I dunno if I just suck *** at DIing, but I get combo'd millenia. Nair + Uair + Uair + Knee = I suck at Smash.
3) Peach - 2 words, Down Smash.
4) Sheik - I dont play good Sheiks too often so I wouldnt understand her **** powers. But even the krusty Sheiks I play against poop on my anus once in a while but not that much.
5) Fox - I dont have a hard time against Spacies so I put Fox here. Still a hard match up for me once in a while though. All I do is UpB Fox o.O. It's boring.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
i agree, what do u think of my post above? falco can be somewhat dificult, but i can't think of anyone for 5, fox vs samus is my fav match up. but what do you think?
Oh and Captain Falcon is not difficult at all either. In fact, Falcon is one of my favorite matchups with Samus :)

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
Fox is my all-time favorite matchup, in general.

And just with Samus, Falcon probably comes second.

And Samus dittos are a love-hate relationship. I like how different they are, in general. But gahhhh they can do everything you can do! It's just a constant uphill battle for both sides it seems.

Rat

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm really starting to enjoy that match-up. Once you get inside on their shield can stay all over them. Jabs = no spot dodge, jump, Shieldgrab
Roll away? WD back into their face. Roll Behind? Reverse Dsmash or an UpB. I love it. The problem is getting through the middle/knee zone though......

that being said Darkrain 4 stocked me when I played him.........

AIDS

Smash Lord
i dunno, a high level falcon is hard, like but it has up'ss and downs unles they are HGIH level falcons are pretty easy, but also fox is everyone fav, he can combo us, but we can get him pretty hard aswell lol

i can't think of much for bad match ups for samus, mainly sheik

and Epic you reasoning is not that good, people could be like samus wins (1 word) Spam
your reasoning is not very justafied, maybe we should make a list i dunno, have a vote system? but im pretty sure sheik is #1 for most hated match up

what do you guys think?

3Years

Smash Lord
samus doesnt do u well against sheik and marth other then that every1 else is either equal or worse than samus(but it mostly depends on the skill of both players)

PHIRE

Smash Cadet
At the VERY least. I've seen so many samuses (samii?) get punished for missile spamming with a knee to the face, including myself. Falcon is, to me, one of the hardest matchups for a samus.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to Marth, I think it's largely based on the skill of the Marth. If the Marth isn't incredibly experienced, especially in spacing, then then the match is probably somewhere close to even. But at higher levels, Marth owns Samus.

Oh and AIDS, invincibility frames ftw.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
you guys just have bad spacing if your getting knee'd while missle spamming. marth is truely the hardest match up.

samus's neutral air usually beats all of falcons air moves.

AIDS

Smash Lord
you guys just have bad spacing if your getting knee'd while missle spamming. marth is truely the hardest match up.

samus's neutral air usually beats all of falcons air moves.
sorry sir it is EXTREMLY CLEAR that the hardest one is Sheik, falcon and marth are around #2/3

but i never mentions of getting kneed while missle spam, the fact is, falcon can juggle into knee's and samus being floaty he should win, just like he does vs peach Falcon > floaties

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Sheik. Because of Samus' floatyness, she dies to Usmash's and Uair's, along with any other aerials of hers. She cancel your fully charged Beam with ONE needle and hit you with the other five. Same goes for missles.

AIDS

Smash Lord
plus her needles don't even need to be charged, she takes away your recovery, what samus is known for, her Fair kills as well, easy combo's downthrow to ANYTHING! and she has a really cool chain... there for with my post plus the one above me, im sure we can all agree sheik is #1 most feared + hated enemy

AIDS

Smash Lord
Fox and Falco... those dang reflectors ruin projectiles... but as long as you can melee (no pun intended) you doint have to worry....
dude, that's...like not high level suportive, if u missle cancle and they are gunna shine it and u jump fast fall down air it should hit, cause if ur missle or w/e hits there shine they have lag and can't jump out for a short period of time, and that show u make them stop being noobs with the shine, fox is a very fun match up, it is not a high advantage for him, i would rate it even, same for falco, maybe he has a slight advantage.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dtilt wrecks shiek >_>.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Falco has a bit of an advantage over Samus. If he's consistent with lasers and not screwing up, Samus can't move all that well. Plus, thanks to those lasers, his reflector can actually work: Right after you missile-cancel, there's a decent chance a laser will hit you, taking away the time needed to jump over your reflected missile and fast-falling a d-air.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Fox and Falco... those dang reflectors ruin projectiles... but as long as you can melee (no pun intended) you doint have to worry....
Falco's lasers are more threatening than his reflector. The reflector comes out fast, but it can't be cancelled as quickly if it actually reflects something. However, fox's shine will put a dent in the middle of samus' combos. Overall, I think any character with decent comboing skills will destroy space animals.

Marth ***** Samus though. Never ending fairs and shield grabs of doom! D:

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
I have little problems with marth as hes got no projectiles to protect himself with... though that sword is REALLY long it might be long enough to classify as a projectile lol.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Hm...G&W's bacon has a chance of falling shorter than Marth's tipper, as do Yoshi's eggs and Bowser's fire breath (eventually). When a character has attacks that out-range projectiles...broken. Lol.

Anyway; Doc's pills do wonders for his spacing against Samus. His cape ***** Samus' recovery and his Fair is difficult to DI. Jiggs' Dair simply owns Samus on the edge; it outprioritizes her upB and forces you into awkward recovery scenarios. But really - once you get used to these two matchups - they're more even than many of the others you'll face as a Samus main. (Even though I'm convinced that every character in Melee counterpics Samus. Hehe.)

I know that nobody will agree with me here, but I find that Marth vs Samus is a relatively fair matchup; granted it's tilted in Marth's favor...once you know the matchup it's more even than you think. You just need careful spacing and accurate DI to avoid some typical combo-starter moves. Also, Samus' sweetspots beat Marth's edgeguard.

Fox's Usmash out of the shield is tricky, but that's about it. Uairs and JCed Usmashes can usually be avoided by NOT spamming attacks and instead waiting for openings. Fox's shine need not be feared since he'll only be in a position to gimp you with it if you mess up first. Dsmash and Dtilt force Fox into your pressure game, Uair and Nair usually over-prioritize his shuffle game, and Samus' tilts make for some great setups and edgeguards. I had ****LOADS of trouble with this matchup initially; it just takes some getting used to.

Falco's mostly the same...CC or shieldupB intelligently when he shuffles, Dsmash and Dtilt whenever appropriate, edgeguarding is simple enough, and full-jump Nairs can usually discourage laser spam. I find that, depending on the Falco player, shield-dashing will either work out great or get you pressured, so that's sometimes an option. Irritating matchup, but nothing you can't work around by playing smart.

Ganon and DK are hard on small levels but that's mostly even, Peach you just have to get her airborn and NEVER CC, so yeah I guess it's either Falcon or Shiek.

Truthfully, I have more trouble with Falcons. That being said, I'm not good enough at this point to determine which of them is the harder matchup. In theory, I would say Shiek ONLY because Falcon's combos result from Falcon players reading intelligent DI while Shiek's combos result from inherent gayness of character. Good DI can trip up a sexy Falcon, but good DI will get you no-place with a Shiek. ((Haha. Funny story about that. Did you know you can SDI Shiek's Dthrow with Samus and escape the Dthrow to 'anything you want' combo upwards of 120%? Yeah, it's possible.)) So yeah...all things considered, I guess Shiek is Samus' worst match-up, though I'll continue to dread Falcons more feverishly. -shakes-

So um...if I had my pick: Shiek, Falcon and Doc would be my top3. Sorry to be the random n00b with a crazy post...hope it was intelligent enough that nobody gets 'pissed the **** off'. Later<

AIDS

Smash Lord
Falco's lasers are more threatening than his reflector. The reflector comes out fast, but it can't be cancelled as quickly if it actually reflects something. However, fox's shine will put a dent in the middle of samus' combos. Overall, I think any character with decent comboing skills will destroy space animals.

Marth ***** Samus though. Never ending fairs and shield grabs of doom! D:
most people think samus vs fox is a fun match, it is not feared so much, it is even, i would say i think samus has a slight advantage, falco is harder for most though, A LOT harder. and for marths combo's DI away and you should hardly get comboed at all by his Fair's and juggling etc.
Falco has a bit of an advantage over Samus. If he's consistent with lasers and not screwing up, Samus can't move all that well. Plus, thanks to those lasers, his reflector can actually work: Right after you missile-cancel, there's a decent chance a laser will hit you, taking away the time needed to jump over your reflected missile and fast-falling a d-air.
I highly agree with this, falco is a hard opponent, especally if very technical.
I have little problems with marth as hes got no projectiles to protect himself with... though that sword is REALLY long it might be long enough to classify as a projectile lol.
marth can be anoying, but so can samus lol, it is two way fight, his sword is an advantage but it is not impossable to get through it, marths jab can cancle missles and stuff but do homing missle cancles for your aproach, Marth has an advantage but it is slight, not much of one at all.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
A PSing Peach can be really annoying to a Samus. Any Samus that's become too dependent on CCing can really get screwed over and confused when fighting a Peach. Especially when spamming is taken out of Samus' game via the PS.

AIDS

Smash Lord
that is true, none the less it is a long BORING match up... -_-

peach is ennoying in general, im so happy there is not as many peach players as fox's...she is the most anoying of them all!

' DarkWater '

Smash Rookie
#1-Marth- Samus' missles do little against him. Partly because his sword chops through them with little effort, and also because his speed almost never allows samus to get them off. Samus' great recovery only takes her back to the ledge, where Marth easily hits her again. Samus has to keep just the right distance from Marth (the length of her grapple or further) until she finds an opening to combo him as much as possible.
#2-Falco- His lasers out-spam anything samus can pull off. She is not quick enough to counter his laser harass and must use platforms very effectivley to get a hit in. He is just to quick and takes control of the match.
#3-Sheik- Needles counter missles to an extent, and her u/f air is something to be feared by all floaters

Top Bottom