• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character does Samus fear the most?

AIDS

Smash Lord
thats good but marths styles very A LOT, like mew2king, and ken have VERY different marths, but they are both amazingly good right, but you need a whole differant way to fight each one.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Marth owns floaters
So I think Marth is Samus Fear.
marth does not own floaties who know how to DI, Marth has a SLIGHT ADVANTAGE in this match up, so slight it is almost nothing, a good samus vs a good marth should be almost dead even. samus can also abuse marth, you just gotta know how, and to have a good aproach.

VA

Smash Hero
thats good but marths styles very A LOT, like mew2king, and ken have VERY different marths, but they are both amazingly good right, but you need a whole differant way to fight each one.
This only becomes really important at really high standard of play. But basically you can hurt most Marths the way I've suggest.

DARKMIKE

Smash Apprentice
dead even, aids? samus has a few things but at great cost:ccing if the marth has good spacing what are you going to do? mc to grab only goes so far seeing as how you cant really combo from d-throw vanity angel those tactics will hurt marth but not beat him. to beat marth constantly make him exploit his own weakness, make him rush in. i have my own tactics against the f@g prince. this will sound weird or dumb but its my own style. i use neutral-b. i charge it and watch what he does. attack if he rushes.

VA

Smash Hero
Hm...not so sure what you are talking about. I wasn't saying d-throw is really any kind of tactic vs marth as you will be lucky to get the grab in. I don't think you read much of what I said tbh. Your advice in non-specific and basically doesn't really any kind of support vs. Marth. "Attack when he rushes" doesn't mean anything to me.

DrunkenSphere

Smash Cadet
Samus can't touch a good jiggs with any projectiles, so that sounds like a big threat. ive never played samus though i just found this thread. A fox could spam his laser if samus starts camping, but i assume you guys are beyond that level of samus.

AIDS

Smash Lord
some people are new to these threads, like yourself, a group of us play high level and do well in tournaments and stuff, but samus can out fight juggs, it is just long and boring, and jiggs dodge the missles makes it harder for her to recover, or be all set to dodge something else etc. samus vs jiggs is just LONG and boring....

samus vs fox i think samus wins in my oppinion, fox camping is low %, and he can only camp on limited stages, samus camp on platforms of pokemon stadium go across the remainder of the stage, also fox camping is not much of a threat, just pressure is the main thing.

DrunkenSphere

Smash Cadet
Playing jiggs myself i disagree with the drawn out battle. If the jiggs is as skilled as the samus, he will know to drop into samus's precious spacing, and pummel her, while the samus will run to protect her spacing. I was simply stating that samus wouyld have range attack troubles as well, but you are right that the doging would hinder recovery.

I see your point however on the fox V samus, the blaster wouldn't hold up to the other projectiles.

Ness may be a problem with his sheild i dunno how much of the blaster you use though.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Playing jiggs myself i disagree with the drawn out battle. If the jiggs is as skilled as the samus, he will know to drop into samus's precious spacing, and pummel her, while the samus will run to protect her spacing. I was simply stating that samus wouyld have range attack troubles as well, but you are right that the doging would hinder recovery.

I see your point however on the fox V samus, the blaster wouldn't hold up to the other projectiles.

Ness may be a problem with his sheild i dunno how much of the blaster you use though.
from what you are saying, samus is scared, and is only doing camping, samus does good on combat, she is not all about spacing, trust me samus vs jigs is long and boring, i do not even know why im talking about it, but i do not think samus would fear jigs over sheik, i do not think samus would fear jigs much at all.

to your other point, this is not a spamming contest, samus has other styles of combat, im just showing how samus spam > fox spam, i could just go up to the fox and make him stop, as he trys to get pass me i just gotta predict him and with in two hits i would most likly give him the share of damage back, probably even in one hit.

DARKMIKE

Smash Apprentice
well jiggs isnt hard at all. look at her play style. just about all aerial. perfect place to land a charged shot. thats the move to focus on. get some distance and start charging neutral b. i she hurries to the air to hit you and gets close, let off a up-tilt. if shes on the ground you can run and throw out random sex kicks if you think she is going to jump. this style of play forces her into her sheild softening he up for grabs.

AIDS

Smash Lord
lol yes, jiggs is not VERY hard, but she is boring, jiggs players have that mindgame, make you quite smash, cause they are hella boring!

VA

Smash Hero
where's hugs? I need someone with smarts to back me up. heck I'm prolly the best samus in the world bar HugS and DAwes XD

3Years

Smash Lord
it depends on how well experienced they are against that character and there skill level
ex:
I play with RipN and he usually 1 or 2 stocks me but i played a jiggs at ucla and i destroyed him why because im use 2 the matchup

heck I'm prolly the best samus in the world bar HugS and DAwes XD
calm down mr.cocky over there haha

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
It use to be Ganon and Falcon now it's Marth and Ganon.

I hate when a Ganon gets Samus into the air UAir has priority over all of Samus aerials except for a well placed DAir, which is really hard to do if your opponent is smart. As with Marth, I hate everything he does against Samus.

AIDS

Smash Lord
It use to be Ganon and Falcon now it's Marth and Ganon.

I hate when a Ganon gets Samus into the air UAir has priority over all of Samus aerials except for a well placed DAir, which is really hard to do if your opponent is smart. As with Marth, I hate everything he does against Samus.
samus beats ganon, stop using Dairs, and DI fast fall, etc.

marth johns are very comen, people dont know how to fight him....it is a fair match up.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
samus beats ganon, stop using Dairs, and DI fast fall, etc.

marth johns are very comen, people dont know how to fight him....it is a fair match up.
Different people fight different ways, that was the point of explaining my match ups. I beat Ganon's and Marths all the time, but players that know how to use them really well give me more trouble than people who know how to use other characters really well.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Ganon does well against samus. He causes her to change up her "tank" style of play that most samus love. She can't crouch cancel against him and hes awful heavy. His aerials outreach her and his ground game isn't half bad...and on the stages with platforms for her missile cancels, he can use those to move all the faster.

Then theres marth, who does nasty things to her with his sword, and makes her like it.

Frew

Smash Rookie
Falco...

That would be Falco, hands down.

His reflective powers, combined with his speed and power make him a challenge, particularly for Samus, who's projectile attacks are her ace.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Falco would be very wrong. I've seem many samus players who perfer to fight space animals. and I've seen far too many samus's owning spacies for this statement. Theres even one specific pro who would not go spacey against a samus..I think it was pc? Not sure, don't quote me.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Mario. And I'm being serious, that cape is scary as hell.
Samus is more scary, learn more about the game before trying to justify your ideas.
That would be Falco, hands down.

His reflective powers, combined with his speed and power make him a challenge, particularly for Samus, who's projectile attacks are her ace.
this is not an RPG, understand there is no dumb stuff like "marth is faster, but roy is stronger!" falco is a touch match up yes, but i think you do not really know why yet.
Falco would be very wrong. I've seem many samus players who perfer to fight space animals. and I've seen far too many samus's owning spacies for this statement. Theres even one specific pro who would not go spacey against a samus..I think it was pc? Not sure, don't quote me.
ganon does well, but samus wins

as for marth, he wins, but it is very close and fair.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
i would only say sheik, and maybe falco/falcon own samus

marth own noob samus's.
Sheik owns Samus I can understand that, but Falco/Falcon I can't really agree on that. Falco surely can combo Samus to hell and back but only moves he's gonna be able to KO her with -120% other than FSmash and maybe a BAir (Unless ur Shined twice on Yoshi's Island, which doesn't happen often). Samus, on the other hand, can kill Falco at low damage %, sometimes even around 40% if mindgamed into an edgeguard after a DSmash.

Falcon it's all about spacing with him. He doesn't have any projectiles, and in knowing that he always has to come at you. I space all day till I read his style then you can counterattack. DI'ing away from him at anything lower than 80% damage makes you very hard to get combo'd. And Falcon has horrible recovery and Samus has one of the best, if not the best, edgeguarding games on the game, so Falcon is usually out of luck.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Falco gets smashed by samus.

I play power ranking players besides the noob players I play, so no, marth owns samus, period. marth has a clear advantage in his fight against her.

I did NOT say she can not win, but shes at a disadvantage.

Vanityangel and 3years, no one cares what you think.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Falco gets smashed by samus.

I play power ranking players besides the noob players I play, so no, marth owns samus, period. marth has a clear advantage in his fight against her.

I did NOT say she can not win, but shes at a disadvantage.

Vanityangel and 3years, no one cares what you think.
ok yes but you are saying samus gets owned, like a huge counter, and im just saying itr is a slight advantage, not enough to be a counter.

Top Bottom