• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character does Samus fear the most?

Sms_MissileArsenal

Smash Apprentice
I am having a discution, i do not understand why you are saying these hurtful words, and saying somthing like "oh I'm gunna come to canada soon so watch out!" lol
anyway, just calm down, i don't know how long you have been playing but i have been in competitive smash for like 1.75 years, I am pretty sure i know what i am talking about.
AIDS, He gon get you!

EBF

Smash Cadet
^ **** you for bringing up old ****.
I hope a mod comes and closes this, probably gonna give me a point also, but this is hella annoying.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
In my opinion i HATE doc...
lol its an inside joke.
anyway...since this topic revived, i'd have to say, from the perspective of the best samus in the world...
hmmm, i would have to say marth. He combos samus hard and has a lot of priority so samus is limited in my opinion. Its very hard becuase you have to think extra hard, knowing when to walk in or wavedash out.
after i beat a game against marth, and if i beat him, i give out a long sigh, as if i were holding my breath for the whole game. Marth puts a lot of pressure against you.

Adict

Smash Cadet
well i suck against marth in general so hes the one who i hate fighting the most lol..after that i dont mind fighting anyone else..just blasted marth

VA

Smash Hero
just to clear things up, I did go to Canada and I did own AIDS. But then I quit Samus ^^

VA

Smash Hero
He tried to go Sheik on me but that failed, big time haha. After that tournament I switched to Peach...

Watty

Smash Lord
falco doesnt **** samus

sheik marth DK ganon falcon all are very hard and a campy fox is hard as well

Geist

Smash Master
lol that's kind of funny vanity angel.

I'll throw in my two cents I guess.
Sheik and Ganon make me fear life when I'm playing as Samus. Sheik is a given, but I cannot handle the ganon matchup. Or maybe it's just against good ganons, because I've never really faced a ganon my level, so I don't know.
I don't actually have trouble vs. Marth, mostly because I have a plethora of experience vs. him, because where I used to play, everyone and his dog had a marth. Unless they're really good, he's actually easy to punish and find openings for, and the fact that he has such gay things up his arsenal makes it almost obvious how he'll react in certain situations, ie) grab you all the time.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Ganon's hard because most of his moves can just muscle through yours. When fighting him, it's best to just try to hit him after a move and not try to contest his ****. If you are going to spam, don't try to hit him in the air, try to make the missile connect at ground level. WD back to standing missiles might do you well.

EBF

Smash Cadet
I play against Marth players all the time and it's the worst in the nation.
Sheik is probably up there also.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Ganon doesn't give **** about Samus's Power Suit. He has that Triforce of POWAH.

I pretty much agree with blowtoes.

Sms_MissileArsenal

Smash Apprentice
Marth period owns any samus... top players would have a good game but its a final decision.

Sheik one sexy kick her *** is out the door like any hoebag

Gannon is a joke versus Samus

Fox will get on his jock but good player will keep space versus this space animal

and a falco?... well... yeah Falco will take her nibblets and show her the bottom of a stage

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
lol @missilearsenal.

But according to the rest of the samus community, Falco is a matchup that samus should win.
So yeah...your prediction on a samus on falco matchup is wrong.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Yeah, falco is a very hard character to master.
So...if two people starting playing smash at the same time, the one who plays samus would get some ATs faster and understand the character faster then the one who played falco, correct?
But i mean, then comes the case of the player. The falco player could just have the thing for melee and be very good and learn faster.
So it all depends.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
It seems to me that Falco is an easier character to learn, off the bat.

Sure, you can say Falcos have to be more technical, but I don't think that would be true at all.

pew pew pew

dair shine shine turnaround bair
(lol yeah right....just that last part)

A beginner samus probably wouldn't know anything about spacing...and sure...neither would the falco, but like I said

pew pew pew

I really don't know though, since I'm not informed enough. That's just how it seems to me.

Geist

Smash Master
It seems to me that Falco is an easier character to learn, off the bat.
Falco is easier to use off the bat because there are some obvious gay things he has right from the start, like lasers, dair and most of his moves. At an early stage, matchups barely mater, so Falco >Samus
But overall, Falco is much, much more difficult to master (imo) and once Samus gets her **** down, the matchup rockets towards Samus's favor, where Samus > Falco
Then later, at the peak of both player's abilities, I honestly think Falco has the upper hand, but the matchup stops him from domination Samus. Basically Falco=Samus
but don't quote me on this, this is just how everything works in my head.

Sheik one sexy kick her *** is out the door like any hoebag

Gannon is a joke versus Samus
I hope you didn't say Sheik gets her *** handed to her by Samus.
I'll assume you didn't because it's pretty much samus's worst matchup universally.

How many good Ganon's have you faced? If you've faced any number approximately over 0, then you wouldn't be saying that. I promise.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Truly bad match-ups for Samus....The one that would stick out for me would be Sheik. Her needles beat missiles and charge shot, and her close range game beats Samus's hand down. I've been f-tilted out my screw attack before.

All the other match-ups have stuff Samus can abuse. Spacies and Marth are easy to edge gaurd, and so are Falcon and Ganon. Spacing those guys isn't as difficult, because at the right ranges you can bait stuff. Not the same with Sheik, because 90% of the time if your limbs clash, yours will lose.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
For some reason i love facing sheiks. Some sheiks, that is. If they arent as fast as a true sheik suppose to be, then i beat them. If they are fast, then i basically go into hardcore spacing mode or something. I think its because of the down-throw to charge shot you can do to them. (Grab at 70%+, throw down, wd back, charge shot.)

'Fro

Smash Lord
For some reason i love facing sheiks. Some sheiks, that is. If they arent as fast as a true sheik suppose to be, then i beat them. If they are fast, then i basically go into hardcore spacing mode or something. I think its because of the down-throw to charge shot you can do to them. (Grab at 70%+, throw down, wd back, charge shot.)
That means you need to get a grab on Sheik..... :ohwell:

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Peach is my #.1 worst matchup with Samus. That witch can't die until ridiculous percentages and is so floaty. I'm not even going to get into her high priority disjointed hitbox body. Such a frustrating matchup overall.

#.2 for me is Marth, for reasons that probably have already been stated.

#.3 is Captain Falcon, not intermediate Falcons that just like to jump around and knee, I mean the REALLY good Falcons that can space well. They can get a bit overwhelming and nearly impossible to DI properly against since they can create knee combos no matter how weird you DI to avoid them.

EDIT: Oh and Falco on FD is just a retardedly difficult if you're playing a defense SHL-spam Falco. It's utterly ridiculous how much control a Falco can have on that stage if they are smart.

Pi

Smash Hero
Peach, yea she don't die, idk why, seriously what the ****

Falco on FD I would have to agree

Cfalc's nair is a broken approach imo lol

Haven't had the pleasure of facing a good shiek

And marth...Sigh
I'm working on my sheik to face marths ;|
I can't stand not being able to approach

Top Bottom