• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character does Samus fear the most?

Alukard

Smash Hero
I am pretty sure there is nothing Samus can do against good spacies.

and by good I mean really good.

and by really good I mean really, really good.
this isn't true at all ... if the spacies get read even once it can lead to death ... trust me i played with samus against mango jman shiz and cactuar ... and i have done well vs all of them ... it wasn't complete **** ... still by far marth ***** her ... ask cactus or m2k ... or even m2k

Pi

Smash Hero
I am pretty sure there is nothing Samus can do against good spacies.

and by good I mean really good.

and by really good I mean really, really good.
Spacies enjoy ****** shields and samus can UB OoS so that forces them into a diff playstyle

And many of samus' moves have great hitstun, her dair/util/dtilt and all of her grabs(a bit to unlikely to get off on really really good spacies) can lead into different things at different %'s, even her fully charged shot
And her edge guard is nothing to joke around with either
Missiles can keep them from spamming to much
The matchup isn't altogether to bad for either side imo.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
this isn't true at all ... if the spacies get read even once it can lead to death ... trust me i played with samus against mango jman shiz and cactuar ... and i have done well vs all of them ... it wasn't complete **** ... still by far marth ***** her ... ask cactus or m2k ... or even m2k
That is a big if.

Marth is pretty bad too.

And Shiek.

Lets just put it everyone in Top Tier. If the player is top tier playing a top tier character, and they know what they are doing, it is really hard pressed for Samus to pull much of anything off.

Geist

Smash Master
Hugs must have been rusty
He wasn't trying
His hands were cold
The sun was in his eyes
His controller wasn't working properly
Port priority

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Hugs must have been rusty
He wasn't trying
His hands were cold
The sun was in his eyes
His controller wasn't working properly
Port priority
what are you talking about

this is hugQ

he just happens to be named hugo too

and happens to play salmon samus too

lol

seriously though

That guy taught me how to shield drop ^_^

poor hugo :(

HugS™

Smash Lord
God dammit.

NOT me. NOT me. NOT me.

HugQ != HugS

Hugo = Hugo though, so I can see the confusion. ****, but he uses my color too.
But once again, NOT me. There should be descriptions that say this, as it's clear people are gonna assume it's me.

I just have one really big fan.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
God dammit.

NOT me. NOT me. NOT me.

HugQ != HugS

Hugo = Hugo though, so I can see the confusion. ****, but he uses my color too.
But once again, NOT me. There should be descriptions that say this, as it's clear people are gonna assume it's me.

I just have one really big fan.
stop lying HUGO

we all no its u

hugQ Cortex

Master
hahaha, hugs plz don't trip. i asked zhu to remove the vids. i'll use green samus when ppl record me. and i'll use a different tag too...maybe HC or something...

don't be weirded out by really big fans :( lol

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL nah Hugo, I take no offense to it. It's just that you got 4 stocked by m2k, and people are asking me about how I got ***** :/ :/

rhan

Smash Hero
Samus is in fear
She fears some chick named Martha
Martha should be banned

Corigames

Smash Hero
If Marth is a guy, then Sheik must be a girl now. Where did that come from?

That is a Haiku too, just all on one line...

C4-854

Smash Rookie
Peach, and only peach... Seriously. Marth, Fox, Sheik, Falco all have recoveries that samus can counter, or predict and prevent. Fox and Falco end up spending time reflecting as you jump and d-air or n-air them. Basically, Samus has a good aerial game against all of these characters. Sure, marth is a pain to try to get back to the ground from, but peach is the hardest for me. She's not as fluffy as jigglypuff, recovers from annoying distances from high heights (if you d-smashed her, persay) where neither missiles nor jumping can really reach. And on the ground she can combo easily and quickly. Plus, I crouch cancel alot into a d-smash or tilt and peach's down smash is so freakin' ridiculous

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Peach, and only peach... Seriously. Marth, Fox, Sheik, Falco all have recoveries that samus can counter, or predict and prevent. Fox and Falco end up spending time reflecting as you jump and d-air or n-air them. Basically, Samus has a good aerial game against all of these characters. Sure, marth is a pain to try to get back to the ground from, but peach is the hardest for me. She's not as fluffy as jigglypuff, recovers from annoying distances from high heights (if you d-smashed her, persay) where neither missiles nor jumping can really reach. And on the ground she can combo easily and quickly. Plus, I crouch cancel alot into a d-smash or tilt and peach's down smash is so freakin' ridiculous
Nope.

Peach is an annoying match-up, yes, but it's not as bad as Marth in any way. Again the question must be raised: "Have you ever played a good Marth?"

It's just kind of tedious. That doesn't mean that Samus fears her. That just means it's boring as hell.

That last bit about you CCing her Dsmash. I used to do that too, but that's user error. One hit does like 11%. That's alright.

Tilts are your friend. Fair when you can I guess. Missiles are just pressure.

Don't get hit.

Don't get grabbed.

lol

Also, I don't know enough to say anything about the aerial game comment, but iirc, she doesn't have a very good aerial game - It's best to just stay on the ground.

Anyways, we already established that Samus fears no one. :)

rhan

Smash Hero
Samus' aerial game is so much better. Especially when Peach is upon recovery. Nair once to get her away. Charge. Blast full chage in path of her Floats. Easy stuff. Seriously tho the average Peach isn't close to being a difficult matchup than the other higher tiers. Falcon is harder than Peach.

Had0

Smash Cadet
Fear only slows my spam down.
Fear not the enemy... fear teh missiles!!!
And the mighty Spamus Hadouken!

LOLI!

Smash Apprentice
As a Samus main I fear a Marth or Sheik.

Marth because of his d*** sword, and Sheik because every good Sheik is a needle W****. >_>

But other then that Fox and Falco can be easily countered by Tech-Cancelling with your dash. Falco's laser is annoying though

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Sheik.

Duh.

I HATE fighting Sheik as Samus. It's one of the most frustrating things in Smash.

Fox is harder than Falco. Falco just dies.

Had0

Smash Cadet
Jiggs ;_;
Soooo evil!
That is the worst match by far.
The floatyness of jiggs and her combo potential makes it so darn painful.
And your forced to only use titls out of terror of being punished with a rest move.

Top Bottom