• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) What can we do for your donation?!?

Revven

FrankerZ
what do they want

**** x 3 ?
Yeah, as a donation incentive.

I think the key to getting more viewers on the stream is to have a bunch of high level play being continuously streamed. Whether it's live matches or pros critiquing videos. Since getting together pros on such short notice would be difficult, I think a good idea would be to get a bunch of pros on the stream, and start showing hype matches from the old days of MLG up through this last Apex.

The EVOlution of Melee.
This would be ****ing amazing. But we'd also need to get the word out there, just like AGDQ was spread around.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
If an official video is produced to spread the word around, lemme know so I can download it and throw it up on my channel

Cassio

Smash Master
I know the melee community isnt on best terms with the brawl community, but you should probably try to reach out to them even more than is currently being done and perhaps get their top players and regional champions involved in the same way melees are.

Also see if you can get localities to set something up for TOMORROW or sunday where tournament or smashfest donations of any kind will go directly towards the cause.

Violence

Smash Lord
The google doc now reads: MaNg0 will do almost anything you want

BALD MANGO AT GENESIS 3!? WHO'S WITH ME?!

#baldmango

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ill talk to the Norwalk gang about **** x3

and yeah...

if anything it wouldn't be completely bald

LMAOOOO

I want a little bit of hair

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I would be in tears

Armada guitarist/backing vocals
MikeHagger Drummer
Leffen Vocals
Ajp Anton bass??
dude my sense of rhythm is almost as bad as smasher89's
youd be in tears of pain if you heard me play drums XD
Leffen and Mike Swaggar country duo will get $200 out of me.

Suggested cover:
Achy Breaky Heart
The First Cut is the Deepest
For the community.
You ****ing *******, you better be really grateful.
ill train anyone for free for donations for evo in melee, or match critiques
THE LEGENDARY XZAX KASRANI IS GIVING OUT LESSONS? 100000 DOLLARS FROM ME

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
It's OK. I can play pretty much any instrument given a few minutes to practise. And I used to sing a long, long time ago. I come from a family of musicians.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I propose that if the Brawl community can donate $5,000, a certain number of the top Melee players have to wear an "I <3 Brawl" shirt to EVO.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord

I propose that if the Brawl community can donate $5,000, a certain number of the top Melee players have to wear an "I <3 Brawl" shirt to EVO.
i don't think any amount of $ would make this happen ROFL though

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I know the chances of this are close to nothing, but it's an idea:

Access to Project M backroom builds if a large enough sum is donated. Like $60 or something.

We're not the developers of Melee so we can't do silly perks like VO's from the voice acting cast. But that doesn't mean we can't create some real incentive with our rewards. Plenty of people likely feel like Project M is worth the price of a new entry to the series. Why not give that money for Melee @ EVO and Breast Cancer research all the same?

Of course, it'd take some convincing from the PM guys and I know how stringent they are about leaks.

Revven

FrankerZ
and I know how stringent they are about leaks.
That's why it wouldn't work. People who would meet the donation number (whatever that would be) wouldn't necessarily be trustworthy enough to keep it to him or herself. And then the incentive becomes completely pointless.

A better idea would be (if you really wanted to involve people who care about P:M) to say, if you donate x amount, you get to decide a certain professional cosmetic change to the game within the realm of possibility for the next release designed by someone on the team.

Or something like that. That's more of a real probable idea than what you suggested.

Or even the swag that was given out for free at Apex 2013, like the stickers (if there's any left).

Anand

Smash Journeyman
Another P:M-related idea would be a custom P:M build for people who donate a certain amount. It'd basically be regular P:M but with a bit of extra hacking work done by the P:M team, if they're willing.

Things like character skins or your name on the splash screen (so you can impress your friends when they come over to play).

This way you avoid compromising the integrity of the project as a whole, since the custom changes are in a fork of it.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
The only thing the PMBR could realistically do that would be worth anything would be to release a new character if Melee wins the drive. Any aesthetic changes can be made by any user, creative input by outsiders would only hurt the project, and it'd be way easier to keep track of.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
ill talk to the Norwalk gang about **** x3
You can't half-*** it though, **** x3's gotta be the best one yet

Donated 30$ in the first drive, looking at donating 70$ to the spirit bomb, that gonna be enough for a Bo5 with you Mango? I'd love to get ***** haha, if I'm even gonna be able to make it to this/G3

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!

^ This is the only way the t-shirt idea will work.

Pull something like "for every $1000 donated to Melee in the name of Brawl, 1 pro has to wear the shirt at Evo" and its ggs Skullgirls.

Better yet, to make it easier to gauge what 'in the name of Brawl' means, grab any Brawl streams tomorrow night and be like "any donations while your stream is on goes towards this, so hype it to your stream monsters"

Sorry for the mass editing if anyone is reading this right now.

Bones0

Smash Legend
The Project M crew could easily add in some "producer" credits at the launch screen for anyone who donates above a certain amount.

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
@ mango: next time in cali go to the tournament i attend :( (revelations)

though if u come to beast 3 and play a few matches with me that would be cool

anyway donated 23€

when is scar putting the stuff thats getting donated on paypal on the actual donation fund?
any updates how much money there is on this account already?

#meleeatevo

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Put it up to 30k, so we can morally justify shaving off all of mango's hair except for a single hitler 'stache.

Remember: we have until next thursday to get all of this working. We have a short amount of time, but we can get this, without a doubt. I don't know what I can do right now to help, but I could, at the very least, send some tweets to higher-level people in the FGC for any streams (though I suggest everyone does that)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
What other things could we have Armada do?
Raffle off his legendary black cap?

And people gotta stop saying if we reach 25k. There's an incentive for that, aim higher now. I'd donate quite a bit for a picture of Mango lying down and spelling my tag out in money like he did that one time with ****.

Top Bottom