• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) What can we do for your donation?!?

Violence

Smash Lord
So far, if we reach 25k, Mango, HBox, and (PP's response is pending)PP will shave their beards.

If Melee gets into EVO, Mango, shave your head, or rather, get your head shaved, publicly, at Genesis 3, in front of the crowd.

If Melee reaches 25k, I'd like to see a best of 7 Armada vs Mango in Europe, recorded and streamed. Would Armada agree to that?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can probably get my parents to donate at least 1K.

if we win, I demand that Mango and Hbox team for a tournament, but they must do mario/ness

MaNg0

Smash Hero
So far, if we reach 25k, Mango, HBox, and (PP's response is pending)PP will shave their beards.

If Melee gets into EVO, Mango, shave your head, or rather, get your head shaved, publicly, at Genesis 3, in front of the crowd.

If Melee reaches 25k, I'd like to see a best of 7 Armada vs Mango in Europe, recorded and streamed. Would Armada agree to that?
potentially down . :)

leffen

Smash Champion
I already pm'd my idea on facebook to you but whatever:

if you donate 50 or more you get a bo5 with mango/pp/hbox/ARMADA(??) against the character of your choice

(if someone wants to do the same but against me im obviously up for it)

im all for these beard things but you guys need to give more incentives to increase the lower end donaters from ~5 to more

leffen

Smash Champion
is it just me that thinks going around houses asking from breast cancer donations would actually help a lot
middle aged ppl have a lot more spendable income

lol

Violence

Smash Lord
I already pm'd my idea on facebook to you but whatever:

if you donate 50 or more you get a bo5 with mango/pp/hbox/ARMADA(??) against the character of your choice

(if someone wants to do the same but against me im obviously up for it)

im all for these beard things but you guys need to give more incentives to increase the lower end donaters from ~5 to more
At Genesis 3?

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Leffen, if you can get armada to come out of retirement if we hit X ammt. I am sure that we will raise so much money.

Landry

Smash Ace
That's a really good idea, tbh. I dunno if Armada would be up for it but one more serious tournament entry + matches against Mango and whoever else goes to Beast 3 (Mew2King?) would be a great incentive to raise money.

leffen

Smash Champion
He'll have to speak for himself.

I also think free entry to beast 3/genesis 3/any regional if donating over 100 or so would be great

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
He'll have to speak for himself.

I also think free entry to beast 3/genesis 3/any regional if donating over 100 or so would be great
I also like this idea, but it then falls to the TO's to cover entry fees out of pocket when they're already doing they're part for the community by holding the tourneys.

Violence

Smash Lord
I think Boback was considering it.

I will personally pay your venue fee at Northwest Majors 5 if you donate over $100.

Tse

Smash Cadet
Armada would definitely be a huge incentive towards our donation drive. Him getting back into smash would provide a huge morale boost to the melee community, but it's up to him to decide if he wants to or not.

Boat Mode

Smash Journeyman
I don't have anything I else I can donate, but I know A TON of new players would donate if they had a chance to sit down and play with/learn from a top player for more than just a MM at a tourney or something.

The top players are always busy at nationals so that might be incentive to some people.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
I mean obviously Armada has the right to say no, and no one should hold it against him. (Also I meant just for EVO in case anyone misunderstood)

Maybe also the off chance that Ken/Isai would come out.

Tse

Smash Cadet
Ken/Isai are good choices as well. We have so many resources we could use; we could do sooooo much in the 6 days we have left.

Our melee it on me google docs is looking pretty hype 30-40ish people viewing it constantly since this morning. Let's keep the hype train rolling

MaNg0

Smash Hero
prob gonna have my mom ask people at her work

shes like a nurse thing

so pretty sure she can get some donations

Violence

Smash Lord
So I talked to Armada, and he's very adamant about not doing anything that involves competitively playing Melee.

He has, however, pledged his support for match critiques, so if you donate $50 or more, you can ask Armada for a match critque.

He's down for more things, he just hasn't thought of other ways he can give his support.

What other things could we have Armada do?

Revven

FrankerZ
Donations for raffled signed controllers from top players would be genius. Not just a controller signed by Armada, but ones also signed by Mango, M2K, PP, etc.

Gea

Smash Master
This idea would have to move fast, but if anyone has any ties to Yetee or any other shirt printing website, mocking up a shirt and getting them to sell it with part of the proceeds going to the charity (a la Awesome Games Done Quick) could be effective. Likely too late though.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
This idea would have to move fast, but if anyone has any ties to Yetee or any other shirt printing website, mocking up a shirt and getting them to sell it with part of the proceeds going to the charity (a la Awesome Games Done Quick) could be effective. Likely too late though.
I think a "Melee One Unit" shirt would be boss as ****

also : Good stuff to mango's mom lol

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm waiting for another major stream. I'll throw $20 when it happens because I like bulk donations.

I'll also advertise the stream/donation link on my steam group with 8500+ members at the beginning of said stream.

Top Bottom