• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WestCoast Captain

MaNg0

Smash Hero
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Wanted being the key word

and im saying that

ima train romeo so that

romeo > isai

i got this

Zoap

Smash Master
hmmmmmmm for the record it doesnt matter

what u guys think of

i get final say ahhhh ****

and right now lucky has got the tenth spot

but that isnt fo sho
actually according to the rules

It will be up to each region to pick their own team captains. The community of each region as a whole will help decide who will be on the team.

So eat it Mango :)

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
guys, romeo is phenomenal.

did you guys overlook the fact that he beat falcomist in tournament? and he never even plays

***** has the grimiest reads ever

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
You guys don't know, Romeo's Falcon scares me more than Mango's o_0

Yeah, ***** I said it. <3 Mango.

HugS™

Smash Lord
I'm just a random player but here's my 2 cents:

I feel like hugs, isai, and king should prove themselves before they get a reserved spot like they are getting right now. These guys are all great players, but they've been gone from smash a long time and they all seem either rusty and not as good as they used to be, or never go to tournaments at all. Hugs placed well at mango juice for someone who doesn't play melee, but I don't think that 7th is good enough for this crew. If he steps it up by genesis that's one thing but honestly, looking at the level of the players on this list, I just don't see hugs, king, or isai being at their level at this moment in time.

I'm shocked isai and king are being considered at all right now, isai has been to one norcal tournament where he placed like 5th or something, he's very very rusty. And king said it perfectly himself, he needs to prove himself and actually show up to tournaments. Hopefully both of these guys step it up by geneisis, but honestly these two shouldn't even be considered until they do prove that they are back playing as well as they should be.

Do not put lunin on this crew. Lunin is a very good player, but I don't know how he manages to lose to some of the people he does and he seems really weak in certain matchups, and I've never seen someone with the inconsistent streak he has. He's got to prove that he can win matches he's supposed to, rather than losing to people he shouldn't be losing to.

SS should have been considered from the start even though his play before mango juice had been a little off, but I'm glad to see him on now.

Pink shinobi and lucky should be on this list. Lucky doesn't lose to people he shouldn't unless he sandbags his *** off like he did to P, and he's a very good player, only losing to zhu, mango, and SS recently as far as I know, and while Pink Shinobi didn't place spectacularly high at mango juice, his losses weren't bad losses (I remember for sure forward beating him in losers, I forget who put him in though, I think it was zhu but I'm not 100% on that). These people IMO should be on the list and King, hugs, and isai should have to prove themselves over Pink Shinobi and Lucky rather than the other way around.
I got 7th because I lost to Mango and Forward. Even in my prime, this may have been my placing anyways. Would I have not been a viable option for the West Coast team during my prime? I'm just saying, you can't really use my placing as evidence of me not being worthy.

I understand I'm rusty, and I understand I need to practice up before Genesis. This also applies to Isai and King.

But just understand that Mango's inclusion of us on the team has little to do with our current skill and more to do with our potential to be good enough to be on the team.

FYI, we weren't some of west coast's best by default. We weren't top players because everyone just sucked in our time. We were up there because we are the types of players that have precisely what it takes to be on a regional team. Mango knows what he's talking about.

We are pretty much shoe ins so long as we get back in shape. If we don't, then the WC could replace us before genesis comes around.

I don't see the problem with including us in the team at the moment. It's a list for the west coast team at the time of Genesis, not a list for this very moment @ 03/23/09.
I mean, if you replace us with anyone else on the WC, and we get back into shape as expected, then those replacements will be kicked off immediately. So what was the point of putting them in?

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
that's why people who dun understand the game shouldn't be posting their opinions about da team

Zoap

Smash Master
We are pretty much shoe ins so long as we get back in shape. If we don't, then the WC could replace us before genesis comes around.
is that really the way you write it?!? BTW this has nothing to do with the team or HugS post I'm just curious to the answer.

The King

Smash Ace
I always understood the saying to be spelt "shoe-in", as in you've already "got one shoe in the door / doorway, so you're already halfway home and just need to take that last little step until you're in".

To construe it as "shoo-in" would be more like an aggressive force from an outside agency, like you're being shooed into the spot unwillingly.

Pretty sure it's shoe-in.

King Out

Hostility

Smash Ace
I got 7th because I lost to Mango and Forward. Even in my prime, this may have been my placing anyways. Would I have not been a viable option for the West Coast team during my prime? I'm just saying, you can't really use my placing as evidence of me not being worthy.

FYI, we weren't some of west coast's best by default. We weren't top players because everyone just sucked in our time. We were up there because we are the types of players that have precisely what it takes to be on a regional team. Mango knows what he's talking about.
I didn't know your losses at MJ so I guess your placing makes more sense.

And I know you were **** good back when you played, and that you're still very very good now. I didn't mean that post to discredit you at all or anything you've done, but in my opinion, lucky and pink shinobi deserve it more AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME since they have been far more active than you and have really proven themselves, which is not to say you haven't done anything, I just feel like they've done more than you. Because I disagree do I think mango doesn't know what he's doing? Of course not, mango almost certainly knows better than me who to put on since he knows the community much better than me.

No matter which of you guys makes it on the team, it's going to be a great team no matter what, you're all great players and I'd love to be even half as good as any of you.

LuCKy

Smash Master
ive never beaten hugo in a tournament set :] mango juice he beat me in pools. he just ****s me up for some reason lol someone teach me samus

either way hugo is no doubt one of the best players west coast or pretty much the world has seen <3

i still wanna be on there though >.>

The King

Smash Ace
Lol ****it, it is "shoo-in". =/

Yeah, it derived from horse races back in the '20's and '30's, and how some races were "shoo-ins" for some horses in that the race would practically be over before it had even begun... though usually such a circumstance would be due to the race being fixed, and notsomuch one horse's physical abilities and advantages being so overwhelming that the rest of the field stood no chance.

Pretty cool, thank pocky.

King Out

Eggz

Smash Hero
i feel like were going back in time to where california was west coast. I think we'll crew with canada lol **** this bull****

pockyD

Smash Legend
3/8 of the people mentioned in the first post aren't from CA

if you're not good enough to get on the crew, no johns. get better :laugh:

if you ARE good enough, then prove it! maybe joe six pack from nevada is the best in the world, but if he never places well in tournament, there's no way anybody could know that

there's no reason to join a "regional" crew when you're not part of the actual region, just because you couldn't cut it in your real region

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i feel like were going back in time to where california was west coast. I think we'll crew with canada lol **** this bull****
u didnt do ne thing at mango juice

why would u be on the crew

<3

Grunt

Smash Master
This is the Crew so far
1. Mango
2 . Forward
3. Taj
4 . Wobbles
5. Hugs
6. King
8.Zoo
9. Silent Spectre

And Mango juice results
1: Mang0
2: Zhu
3: Silent Spectre
4: Wobbles
5: Lucky
6: Forward
7: HugS
7: Taj
9: Pink Shinobi
9: Eggz

so yeah eggz, it sucks, but it seems like he knows what he's talking about.
=(

Top Bottom