• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WestCoast Captain

Naota21t

Smash Champion
I thought our "founding fathers" stole that **** from Indians and Mexicans o_0
its not so much stealing as it was mexico got ****ed up in the mexican-american war and the WC was divided up in the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo and the USA got cali along w/ a few other states.

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
i love school!

it took me 19 years of ****ing around and two years of hardcore pot head though, and one semester of break

so it's not for everyone though. and i definitely don't love it while i'm at it. but it's not so bad.

The King

Smash Ace
Lol, I'm not about to vouch for me taking someone else's spot on a team representing the WC, when I haven't exactly done much to even represent the WC in years, unless I can get around to proving I might still deserve a spot on the team. For a whole bunch of personal reasons & time constraints and other BS johns I haven't been playing as much as I'd like, though I'm still keeping my game up as best I can without constant competition (and actually improving my tech skill too, lol).

In short, yeah other players who've been proving themselves more recently shouldn't be stepped over simply because myself of Hugs or whoever are in attendance... we were a shoe-in during our prime, but due to inactivity it's our turn to prove we belong again.

With that said, I need a chance to smash again sometime soon imo.

-Edit: Lunin, go to mango juice yo, tear socal a new *******. =) You could be so much better at this game if you didn't always play so worried about what your opponent's going to do next that it hinders your ability to maintain pressure on the opponent. I'd have a lot lot more to say on this subject, but in short, play like they're afraid of your next move, not the other way around, and you'll never lose man lol.

King Out

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Lol, I'm not about to vouch for me taking someone else's spot on a team representing the WC, when I haven't exactly done much to even represent the WC in years, unless I can get around to proving I might still deserve a spot on the team. For a whole bunch of personal reasons & time constraints and other BS johns I haven't been playing as much as I'd like, though I'm still keeping my game up as best I can without constant competition (and actually improving my tech skill too, lol).

In short, yeah other players who've been proving themselves more recently shouldn't be stepped over simply because myself of Hugs or whoever are in attendance... we were a shoe-in during our prime, but due to inactivity it's our turn to prove we belong again.

With that said, I need a chance to smash again sometime soon imo.

-Edit: Lunin, go to mango juice yo, tear socal a new *******. =) You could be so much better at this game if you didn't always play so worried about what your opponent's going to do next that it hinders your ability to maintain pressure on the opponent. I'd have a lot lot more to say on this subject, but in short, play like they're afraid of your next move, not the other way around, and you'll never lose man lol.

King Out
nice post

=D

Kira-

Smash Champion
I srsly think Ka-M should be considered. His Luigi was pretty ****.

PinkShinobi is like, our only Peach. Except Bladewise, but I dunno I think Paul is better.

I'm w/ the variety aspect.

2cents

PS: Kira dont be mean :p

EDIT: LOL Lunin your Guess Who sig.
what i meant was,
no **** they should be considered
especially ka master but usually he cant make these things
i dont really know how good pink shinobi is though, i was mostly talking about ka-m

King Out
that is great advice

A N D R E

Smash Cadet
Pink Shinobi is incredible. I just can't believe how dominant he was when he "appeared." Like a sweet ninja flashing out of the cherry blossom branches, his Peach dominated the Norcal scene right from the get go.

Except instead of cherry blossoms, it was Minnesota.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
but there are no good ICs besides wobbles and chu
So you're admitting that, if good IC player besides wobbles and chu show up, diversity should be considered? Your need for 'diversity' fluctuates with the available competition, showing that there are situations when diversity matters. I've been in a lot of crew battles and captained a lot of crew battles, and while skill is the #1 most important factor, to base your entire roster on one factor alone limits your options and your chances of success. Crazy situations that you don't think about arrive and suddenly come up - in short lots of **** happens that you don't plan for, and sometimes you wish you had certain characters in your lineup even if they are 'slightly worse' talent than what you chose to go with. And there are plenty of good IC players besides Chu and Wobbles. You saying that leads me to believe you haven't traveled around to play Smash very much to meet those players.

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying agian. If one person is considerably better than another, then forget about the character. However when it comes to choosing between questionable talent (Is this guy better? Who is better? They are pretty close in skill) you should consider that you want some diversity in your lineup.

And yes I'm championing for Pink Shinobi =P If there is a Fox player who is just a little better than Pink Shinobi and you have to chosoe between that Fox player and Pink for your last roster spot and you have no other Peaches, I think you'd be making a HUGE mistake to go with that Fox player just because he's a tad bit better.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Pink Shinobi is incredible. I just can't believe how dominant he was when he "appeared." Like a sweet ninja flashing out of the cherry blossom branches, his Peach dominated the Norcal scene right from the get go.
LOL....

I want to play Pink Shinobi so bad! Edrees, we should play a lot at Mango Juice! =D

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
So you're admitting that, if good IC player besides wobbles and chu show up, diversity should be considered?
well duh diversity should always be considered to an extent

i'm not on either side of the argument -- it doesn't matter to me; this entire thread is fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things -- i was just pointing out flaws in the argument as i usually do.

there are situations when diversity matters.
of course. but if i had 10 zhu fox/falco mains, then i would have 10 fox/falcos on my crew, and i wouldn't bat an eye about leaving off your pink shinobis and such.

sometimes you wish you had certain characters in your lineup even if they are 'slightly worse' talent than what you chose to go with.
and like someone else said earlier, they'll just get counterpicked just as hard after the match

And there are plenty of good IC players besides Chu and Wobbles.
"good" is relative, of course. i'm sure you could say fly amanita and ho chi minh trail and uber ice are good ICs. but when compared to your forwards and silent spectres, no, they're not.

And yes I'm championing for Pink Shinobi =P If there is a Fox player who is just a little better than Pink Shinobi and you have to chosoe between that Fox player and Pink for your last roster spot and you have no other Peaches, I think you'd be making a HUGE mistake to go with that Fox player just because he's a tad bit better.
it's such a vague argument to make without saying names. EVERYONE considered on this crew is going to be a great amazing player. assuming top names like king and hugs are on the list and at their normal capabilities, the worst player is still going to be one of the top 20 or 30 players in the country. lucky or pink shinobi? lucky every time. no question.

of course, i say that because pink shinobi still has a lot to prove. he's dominated one area, and he's already proven to consistently lose to zhu, so we do have a clear cap on his skill level. i asked zhu and he said he's never lost to pink shinobi. he has, however, lost to lucky. when lucky tries -- which he definitely would for this crew -- his track record indicates he's better than pink shinobi. we'll see what happens at mango juice, but if lucky is the worst person on the crew -- a distinct possibility -- then it'd be foolish to put a more "diverse" character above him just because.

A N D R E

Smash Cadet
OMG P

IS CONSISTENTLY BEATING SILENTSPECTRE NOT GOOD??? wtf man

He is NUMBER ONE in our region. So what if he's never lost to Zhu? Zhu would be #1 (if only slightly) above Paul if he was up here.

Paul has proven himself time and time again. There was a point where Norcal didn't believe in him (like right when he came up) and I guess it's socals turn. Or maybe just NeighborhoodPENlS's turn.

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
considering silent spectre isn't comfortable with the matchup, no

if consistently beating SS was enough, then lunin would be a lock

anyway, you're obviously a noob, so you don't realize that dominating your own area isn't nearly as impressive as proving it out of region

Top Bottom