• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Pound 3 Crew discussion

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
There's no way we could forgot about Lucky if he were going. Sadly, this is not the case. Edrees would definitely have to be a starter on the roster though.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I have no idea why people are suggesting Me over Dj Combo lmao. and Zhu over dj combo. and edrees over dj combo, and half the other people over him. what the ****
eggz is also proly a better choice than me at this point, but well see when the time comes i guess
What's wrong with me? Do you know how valuable a Peach is to a crew battle =) Not like it matters though since not enough people are going to have to decide between that, we'll both probably be on it.

I'm for letting hugo decide too. He's proven to know how to strategize and select for crew battles more than everyone else going on WC.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
D.C. January 15th 2007 said:
gimpyfish is ranked? i remember i 2-0 his bowser at the oc and i use to suck
It's just the way a lot of CA is. Then they get ***** by Bowser over and over again. Don't take it personally WA.

But we do have a larger population, which leads to a larger pool of good players.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
First off all to to remind people the rules are:

10 players per region, 40 stock
Pokemon Satidum, Final Drestination, and Dreamland 64 are the randoms
Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, and Fountain Of Dreams are the counterpicks

If you pick a specific level, the opponent has the opportunity to switch chars.otherwise each crew will have everyone write down predetermined characters and who goes first. The first stage is random or agreed on.

All crews will play each other in a round robin. best record of wins and losses win. If two crews die, aka go 4-1 or something, whoever won the head to head wins. If somehow the head to heads off set in a 3 way tie, winner will be determined by # of stock.

Now onto the info.

Also the EC is dividing into two teams

The possible rosters are:

EC: MD/VA

Guaranteed:
Azen(Marth)
Chu(ICs)
Chillin(Fox)
KM(Marth/Various)
Neo(If he goes, Marth/Sheik/Roy)

The full roster is almost guaranteed to contain some of these, and the rest will most likely be alternates:

Kirbster(Peach)
Chinesah(Fox)
Tope(Sheik)
Doll(Peach)
Plank(Sheik)
G-Regulate(Falcon)
Aho(Fox, I think)
Inui(Sheik)
Wife(Peach)
Dire(G&W)
Hayato(Sheik)
Sensei(Fox)

**** thats a **** load of players, now onto the other roster.

EC: PA Up

Guaranteed:
M2K(Marth, Fox)
PC(Fox, Falco)
KDJ(If he shows, Fox/Sheik)
Bum(If he shows, DK)
Cort(Peach)
Cactuar(Marth)

The full roster is almost guaranteed to contain some of these, and the rest will most likely be alternates:

Wes(Samus)
Dave(Falco)
Dazwa(Sheik/Falco)
KrazyJones(Peach)
Comp(Peach)
Zanguzen(Falco, I think he still plays)

Hmm, don't know any more.

Now us.

West Coast Guaranteed:
Mango(Jigglypuff)
Hugs(Samus)
Bob$(Doc)
Forward(Falco)

Our full roster is almost guaranteed to contain some of these, and the rest will most likely be alternates:

DJ Combo(Marth)
Zhu(Falco)
Eggz(Mario)
Silent Wolf(Fox/Falco)
Gimpyfish(Bowser)
Lucky(Fox) Most of you forgot him, hes pretty good too you know.
Bone(Peach)
Rickety(Sheik/Azen counter)
Azn_Lep(ICs)

We need more people!

Don't forget the Midwest with Jiano, Darkrain, Mathos, Drephen, Watty, and Eddie.

Now Strategize! I'm tired of writing.

half of those people aren't even going, good ****.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Mango, Forward, Edrees, Hugs, Gimpy, Bob$, Azn_Lep, and DJ Combo are no-brainers, they are the best (or only) players that use their respective characters. After that you have to decide who would be a better choice with their character or who would counter an EC player more effectively. For example, even if Silent Wolf is ranked higher than Eggz, WA might have reason to believe that Eggz would be a better choice. Also, Eggz's Mario might be better because of the unpredictability factor. I have no knowledge on how the situation really is, I'm just giving a hypothetical example.

I don't know who is really going or not, because it seems like the list on the first post isn't updated and I didn't read the entire thread.

Too many people get offended over smash.

I want to go to... I just don't know if I have the time/money =/

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
california is not better than washington

speaking of which

turns out i cant come. < / life >

EDIT:

it's possible actually, if i play my cards right i'll still be there.

so still keep me in mind, i'll update this thread as to whether or not i'm going, i said i'm not going in the pound thread and i'll keep it like that until i'm going for sure, but i'll update ya'll here

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Diversity is overrated in crews, to be honest.

I'd rather have a team of only foxes/marths/falcos/sheiks/and peaches than 1 of almost every middle to high tier character.

But...since the west coast is a diverse region, our most skilled are diverse in character selections anyways.

I don't see how socal's mid level players are being considered no brainers over some of washington's best. But at the same time I can be a little hesitant to use some washington players as well. The pressure at these types of things can be insane, and to be honest, the majority of our line up is made out of greenhorns. All talented players, sure, but there is a big lack of experience, especially against the EC.

Solution? Practice practice practice. I would even suggest getting to pound a bit early to play with the locals and at least get a feel for the EC style.

As far as I know, the only guarantees on this team are:

1. Mango
2. Forward
3. Me
4. Dj combo
5. Edrees
6. Silent Wolf
7. Bob $

The rest of the list can be made up by our talented alternates, or this list can be changed completely depending on whether certain AZ players or a certain Luigi player freakishly decides to show up. Oh and there are these guys who play jiggly and falcon in norcal that are pretty good too.

Basically, my focus is on skill, not character diversity. So we just need to get that skill up to par, and I'll do my best to make sure we play the players that we are supposed to play.

forward

Smash Champion
HugS I'm not sure if I agree on that character diversity part. By having more choices we can manipulate the order of players that come through easier.

There are a few ideas I'd like to discuss.
-Do we save our heavy hitters as counters to their heavy hitters? Or do we use them to gain an advantage on their weaker players? Or can we do both?
-Who should we put in first?
-Who and why should we bait out certain players?
-What do we do about Chu, M2K, Azen, and PC? These 4 need DEFINITE answers.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Diversity is overrated in crews, to be honest.

I'd rather have a team of only foxes/marths/falcos/sheiks/and peaches than 1 of almost every middle to high tier character.

But...since the west coast is a diverse region, our most skilled are diverse in character selections anyways.

I don't see how socal's mid level players are being considered no brainers over some of washington's best. But at the same time I can be a little hesitant to use some washington players as well. The pressure at these types of things can be insane, and to be honest, the majority of our line up is made out of greenhorns. All talented players, sure, but there is a big lack of experience, especially against the EC.

Solution? Practice practice practice. I would even suggest getting to pound a bit early to play with the locals and at least get a feel for the EC style.

As far as I know, the only guarantees on this team are:

1. Mango
2. Forward
3. Me
4. Dj combo
5. Edrees
6. Silent Wolf
7. Bob $

The rest of the list can be made up by our talented alternates, or this list can be changed completely depending on whether certain AZ players or a certain Luigi player freakishly decides to show up. Oh and there are these guys who play jiggly and falcon in norcal that are pretty good too.

Basically, my focus is on skill, not character diversity. So we just need to get that skill up to par, and I'll do my best to make sure we play the players that we are supposed to play.
LOL at Silent Wolf and DJ Combo before Eggz.

...unless Eggz is not going.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Recently Eggz has been ****

EDIT that: Nevermind, your good, he got fourth in a tournament today even behind Bladwise (Washington's 5 best)

Eggz sucks.

LOL at Silent Wolf and DJ Combo before Eggz.

...unless Eggz is not going.
I get it, we're all about even and that didn't deserve an "LOL" at all >_>

To HugS - If me and DJ Combo are on, and you've only chosen 7 so far, I don't see why Eggz wouldn't be on. Just saying. He's just as good.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
washington is good, just put everyone from washington who goes on the crew

*note* by washington i mean combo status

and no, thats not a joke, combo status is ridiculously good

HugS

Smash Champion
Yeah i understand that. I just don't want to call it a guaranteed line up if i'm not sure who's going yet. He'd be the first to fill in a spot. But remember, we must reach 10 before we need to use fabian, otherwise we are forfeiting.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Yeah i understand that. I just don't want to call it a guaranteed line up if i'm not sure who's going yet. He'd be the first to fill in a spot. But remember, we must reach 10 before we need to use fabian, otherwise we are forfeiting.
You could always try to spite the opponent by having Fabian suicide over and over, then the other crew won't take you as seriously and be easier to beat.

HugS

Smash Champion
HugS I'm not sure if I agree on that character diversity part. By having more choices we can manipulate the order of players that come through easier.

There are a few ideas I'd like to discuss.
-Do we save our heavy hitters as counters to their heavy hitters? Or do we use them to gain an advantage on their weaker players? Or can we do both?
-Who should we put in first?
-Who and why should we bait out certain players?
-What do we do about Chu, M2K, Azen, and PC? These 4 need DEFINITE answers.
Well, the part about who we put in first should be handled privately. Our heavy hitters should be used to fight their heavy hitters. But i plan on making sure that our player can counter his opponent, heavy hitter or not. None of our heavy hitters are qualified to completely **** their weaker players. At least not enough to take 2 fresh players.

Luckily those 4 leviathans you mentioned won't be on the same EC team. It will probably a stellar performance to take out any of those 4 guys without having to use more than 1 player.

We can discuss these things in greater detail, in private.

Oh, and fabian always cheers against his own region. It's pretty gay.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I have Luigi too and it would probably do really well against EC due to me never having heard of an EC Luigi.

I agree in the skill > diversity though. We don't have enough evenly skilled players coming to the tourney to worry about diversity imo.

araknophobik

Smash Master
Oh, and fabian always cheers against his own region. It's pretty gay.
i never cheer against my own region, you didn't see me cheering against forward/taj and dj combo/silent wolf except when they played each other but that wans't WC hate it was simply preference. don't trip i prob aint going anymore so hopefully 10 of you go or else you really gotta forfeit with or without me

BladeWise

Smash Lord
how did I not know this thread existed?

lol @ wikipedia. I guess eggz must suck or something because I do well in a tournament.

Edit: DJ Combo's luigi is ****, btw.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Oh yea and Eggz is qualified as a definate imo.

Also, on their heavy hitters, I think I can take PC, as Luigi I think I can take Chu.

I'd prefer not to fight M2k or Azen due to my lack of Marth experience.

On a last note, I have a disadvantage against any of them when it comes to the nervousness factor just because I don't have as much experience in given situations.

Top Bottom