• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Pound 3 Crew discussion

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
DJ keep in mind that you have to declare a character before the crew match even starts. Going Luigi might be risky if you can't get the Chu match-up. On top of that Chu beat Drephen's Luigi at OC3 so even with the match-up favor, it's all really up in the air. I'm just saying we don't wanna waste one of our top players on an alternate character when we're not sure how well it's gonna do.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Everyone should money match and friendly EC people as much as possible before the time for crews comes. Don't wanna be surprised by any coast exclusive styles or characters.

edit: scratch coast exclusive characters, everyone on EC plays marth and sheik. LOL

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Hey guys...I talked to plank, and he said that since FL is bringing a lot of people, Texas can go with the West...since I have stronger ties to Wobbles who is going than anyone on the South team...so if you'll have me (or need a Ice Climbers slayer) I'm your girl. The only ones of you I've really played are Eggs (crews), Silent Wolf & Gimpy (pools) and some friendlies with Forward, but I'd like to think I'd be able to compete for a spot.

<3

I can handle my own against most Sheiks, Marths, and agressive Foxes too.

And I made wobbles throw his controller, Eddie style, because of my cheating turnip ways.

Just a thought.

<3

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It's southwest...and texas + az = wild wild west. cowboys and ****

and wobbles is arizona, so i'm assuming he'd be playing for you guys as well.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Everyone should money match and friendly EC people as much as possible before the time for crews comes. Don't wanna be surprised by any coast exclusive styles or characters.

edit: scratch coast exclusive characters, everyone on EC plays marth and sheik. LOL
Not enough bowsers there.. hehe

darkatma

Smash Hero
wobbles against chu would be pretty messy and fun :p
east has a ton of high placing giants =/
west coast better rep though..

all our good people should just pick up Ice climbers, master the wobbles, and have a 10 man ice climber team

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Calling AZ a west "coast" was a bit of a stretch to begin with, but TX? No offense or anything, cause I'm sure we could use the help, but it's just not a west coast team if Texas is on it. I think we should try to stick to states on the western fourth of america: California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. Although realistically it's more like CA, WA, AZ.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I really don't think a south team should even exist. The entire region hardly associates with one another. Texas doesn't **** with florida, and florida doesn't **** with texas. If AZ, Florida, and TX were as tight as Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois, then maybe we can give them a region. I just feel that TX probably has more ties with california than Florida. And AZ has more ties with CA than TX.

IMO states don't have to be on the actual coast. I don't think nevada's WC association would be put into question despite them not being on the coast. It's a bit of a stretch, but I feel texas can represent the Western region of the US.

As for who i'd want to use, I don't know yet. I would need a list of who is going.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
That's essentially what I pitched to plank; I have ties to Wobbles who is both Texas and Arizona, and Taj/Forward/Hugs have been to some of our bigger tournaments like MOAST/Sex2/MLG Dallas (Ken and Isai also went to MOAST and MLG Dallas), while Rob and Cave have been to Cali a few times and Florida...never. Even MLG put Texas on the West during their crew battles a few years ago...plus, I have a personal reasons to distance myself away from Florida.

Plus when you think about it, Texas is culturally more Western than southern; a crossroads of urban cowboy culture and metropolitan Dallitude.

Pennsylvania doesn't have an actual coast line, but no one questions it's status as an East Coast state...Texas is as "West Coast" as Arizona is...both of us are Western states. My school is in the Mountain West conference; not the Mountain South conference, and we compete against different schools from California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, etc.

Every crew needs a Peach, and I have tons of Ice Climbers experience from playing Wobbles; there's probably not a Peach in the country with as much high caliber ICs experience as I have; I believe I could be the Chu counter you guys have been fussing about.

<3 Hugs/Forward

Top Bottom